In this video Julian takes a look at the new Ampeg B-15N bass amplifier plug in. With Unison technology, four different cabinets and various mic options this plug in offers everything from deep and rich to clanky distortion.
The Ampeg B-15 bass amp defined the sound of recorded electric bass. From Motown sides with James Jamerson to classic Stax records with Donald “Duck” Dunn, this 30-watt, 1x15, all-tube combo delivered a warm and fat fundamental note that laid the foundation for ’60s and ’70s rock, funk, and soul.
Developed by Brainworx, the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In is designed to perfectly emulate the circuitry, tone stack, and thump of Ampeg’s limited-edition Heritage B-15N bass amp.
Harnessing UA’s Unison™ technology, the Ampeg B-15N plug-in gives you the impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making this iconic bass combo one of the most recorded bass amps in history.
The Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In is also part of the new Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle, which includes the Ampeg SVT-VR Bass Amplifier and Ampeg SVT-3 PRO Bass Amplifier Plug-ins for $299.
- Expertly modeled version of the legendary B-15N from Ampeg, exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
- Modern workflow enhancements including an onboard FX Rack and 42 recording chains
- Two flavors of the iconic B-15 circuit — 1964 and 1966 — each with switchable bias controls
- Re-Amp previously recorded DI bass tracks to add warmth and depth
- Available as part of the Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle which includes three Ampeg bass amps and the Brainworx bx_tuner
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Ampeg’s B-15N bass amp thanks to impedance matching