In this video review Pro Tools Expert team member Dan Cooper takes a look at VocalSynth, a new vocal effects engine by iZotope. Watch the video to hear how it performs on a lead vocal and to hear what Dan thinks.
Thank you to our friends at Time+Space for sorting us out a copy for this review.
Four Vocal Engines:
- Vocoder: robotic vocals
- Polyvox: organic harmonies
- Compuvox: glitchy digital speech
- Talkbox: singing synthesized sounds
- Specialized vocal effects: Add edgy or tasteful distortion,filters, speaker convolution modeling, beat-repeating madness, and wide stereo delays.
- Correct off-key notes in your vocals with real-time pitch correction with natural-sounding results.
- Streamlined voice generation: Add harmonies, octaves, or unisons in Auto mode, or get the exact harmony voicings you want.
- Quickly access classic sounds via the preset browser that you’ve known and loved, plus distinctive new combinations of all four vocal engines.