During September our friends at iZotope are offering discounts on the full range of RX6 related products from RX Elements through to the Post Production Suite 2, with a flash sale on the Elements Bundle just now.
Elements Bundle -Flash Sale $99 - Normal Price $387
From hobbyists to home studios, the Elements Bundle is a great way to get up and running with iZotope, an industry-leader in futuristic audio tech that inspires and enables your creativity. The iZotope Elements Bundle combines three audio plug-ins in one package: RX Elements, Neutron Elements, and Ozone 7 Elements.
RX Elements $99 - Normal Price $129
RX Elements is a budget-friendly noise reduction and audio repair tool for small home studios that need the basics. It includes 4 real-time plug-ins, as well as the standalone audio editor with spectral editing to visualise audio and make edits with precision and accuracy.
RX 6 Standard $299 - Normal Price $399
RX 6 Standard is a comprehensive audio repair and noise reduction toolkit featuring a standalone application with powerful spectral editing capabilities and realtime plug-ins. Easily fix vocal issues like sibilance, distracting breaths, mouth clicks, and headphone bleed. Intelligently remove undesired sounds from a file with the magic of Spectral Repair.
RX 6 Advanced $799 - Normal Price $1,199
RX 6 Advanced is a complete audio repair, noise reduction, and dialogue editing toolkit featuring revolutionary repair tools like lav mic rustle removal and dialogue isolation, developed with machine learning. Reduce intermittent low-end wind rumble, remove mouth clicks, microphone bleed and more with the industry standard for audio repair.
Post Production Suite 2 $999 - Normal Price $1,499
RX Post Production Suite 2 is a comprehensive post production toolkit providing intelligent and powerful software solutions for everything from dialogue editing to mixing and delivery. Included are RX 6 Advanced, Neutron Advanced, RX Loudness Control, Insight, and free access passes for Pro Sound Effects and Groove3.
iZotope RX 6 Awarded Pro Tools Expert Editors Choice
What Is New In RX6?
- De-rustle Module - This has been designed to remove distracting lavalier microphone rustle and other rustling sounds from your dialogue.
- De-wind Module - iZotope have designed this module to reduce or remove intermittent low-end wind rumble that occurs when wind effects a microphone especially when recording outside.
- Dialogue Isolate - This module extracts dialogue from noisy backgrounds whether this is a busy street, a sports event or a trade show floor.
- Plus everything new in RX6 Standard.
A number of the existing modules in the Advanced version of iZotope RX have been improved…
- Ambience Match - They have improved the level matching of Ambience Match when outputting Ambience only
- Centre Extract - They have added Artifact Smoothing to help reduce the “musical noise artifacts and a Dry Mix control which enables you to mix in some of the unprocessed signal.
- Deconstruct - iZotope have added Artifact Smoothing to help reduce the “musical noise artifacts and Transient Gain option and control to the existing Tonal and Noisy Gain controls to the Deconstruct module to make it even more powerful.
- Plus everything updated in RX6 Standard.
iZotope has worked hard to make RX6 even more useful in music applications and so have added some new modules to the RX6 Standard version rather than just to the Advanced version to make these features affordable to more users.
- De-bleed Module - Now you can remove bleed and spill from headphones that mics can pick up. As long as you have an audio file of the source of the spill, then with the De-bleed module, you can get rid of that annoying spill from the click track for example.
- De-ess Module and Plug-in - iZotope have combined their spectral repair and conventional dynamics de-essing technologies to produce a brand new module for RX6. This now gives you 2 ways to deal with sibilance either based on the RX spectral repair tool or the conventional frequency based dynamics processing, in the new De-ess module and plug-in.
- Mouth De-click Module and Plug-in - iZotope have taken their De-click technology, refined it and produced a new dedicated Mouth De-click module focusing on removing mouth clicks in vocals and dialogue.
- Breath Control Module - iZotope have brought their breath reduction technology into RX6 to produce a new module to remove or reduce distracting breaths between words and phrases in either vocals or dialogue. It will also have a place on any track where the musician has to breath, so you can use it on woodwind tracks to reduce the player’s breaths.
- MP3 Export - You can now export and batch process MP3 audio files directly from RX6 and RX6 Advanced.
- De-plosive which was only in RX5 Advanced is now included in RX6 Standard and has also been improved. In addition, this is now available as a plug-in so you don’t need to leave Pro tools to happen your plosive problems.
A number of the existing modules in the standard version of iZotope RX have been improved…
- De-click - There is now an improved low-latency algorithm in the De-click plug-in fro real-time processing
- Find Similar - iZotope have improved the Find Similar feature in RX to make it even easier to locate and identify problem sounds like beeps, bird chirps, or clicks more quickly and accurately with the addition of Find All Similar.
- Voice De-noise (formerly Dialogue Denoise) - To reflect their increased focus on music applications iZotope has renamed the Dialogue Denoise module and it is now called the Voice De-noise module and has also undergone some improvements too for RX6 including the option to optimise for dialogue or music.
This new product aimed at users on a budget who want the additional power and features in the standalone version of iZotope RX but cannot afford RX6 Standard can now take advantage of this new product.
RX Elements, RX6 Standard and RX6 Advanced Features Comparison
|Features||RX Elements||RX 6 Standard||RX 6 Advanced||Available As A Plug-in|
|Dialogue Isolate NEW!||x|
|Composite View NEW!||x||x|
|Mouth De-click NEW!||x||x||x|
|Breath Control NEW!||x||x|
|MP3 Export NEW!||x||x|
|Find Similar IMPROVED!||x||x||x|
|Markers & Regions||x||x||x|
|Module List Filters||x||x||x|
|Third Party Plug-in Hosting||x||x||x|
|Recording & Monitoring||x||x||x|
|Voice De-noise IMPROVED!||x||x||x||x|
|Time & Pitch||x||x|
|Ambience Match IMPROVED!||x||x|
|Center Extract IMPROVED!||x|
What Do I Think About RX6
I haven’t had that long to get to grips with RX6 but I have to say it is a huge release. They have added so many new features, some of which I have covered in my video review. Working mainly in audio post production, for me the De-rustle, De-wind and Dialogue Isolate are incredible. I had to clean up a video of a baptism on a beach that was originally recorded on a VHS camcorder and then transferred onto DVD with the low frequencies filtered off but there was still some higher frequency wind noise left. I thought that De-wind wouldn’t be able to fix it, but it did! The dialogue was also embedded in a lot of background noise and instead of de-noising it, I just ran it through Dialogue Isolate, job done!
Moving onto the music based tools, it's great to see iZotope adding some more music focused tools to RX6 and adding them straight into RX6 Standard too. The De-bleed module has to be the stand-out module here, I have had to deal with click bleed in the past especially with larger orchestral recordings and it was hard work. De-bleed does it straight away. It
My only disappointment with the RX6 release is we still do not have multi-channel support. With the advent of VR and ambisonic acquisition using the likes of the Sennheiser Ambeo mic we really need multichannel support even more than ever, because we have more and more content being acquired in multichannel formats now. I just hope that we don’t have to wait until RX7 to finally get multichannel support.
Even so, the new features in both RX6 Standard and RX6 Advanced are amazing and the addition of RX Elements for the same price as the RX Plugin Pack was is also a very smart move and so I am awarding iZotope's RX6 Editors Choice.