Universal Audio are currently offering a very tasty deal that includes a free UAD-2 Quad DSP Accelerator worth £590 when purchasing a 6176 Tube Preamplifier/Limiting Amplifier. 13 UAD-2 plug-ins are also included in this package deal. Our friends at KMR Audio are one of a few dealers that are offering this Universal Audio deal, purchase this time limited package for £2285 and save big! Offer ends 30th September 2017
Visit the KMR Audio website for full pricing and information. James Ivey is a big fan of his 6176, he uses his as the front end preamp for snare drum recording. Dan Cooper has borrowed a unit for testing so expect a Pro Tools Expert review of the Universal Audio 6176 is the coming weeks.
What UAD-2 DSP Accelerators Are Available?
- UAD-2 Satellite (Thunderbolt or USB)
- UAD-2 Satellite (Firewire)
- UAD-2 PCIe Card
Universal Audio 6176
The Universal Audio 6176 Vintage Channel Strip features the legendary 610 valve mic preamp alongside a classic 1176LN FET compressor in one single 2u rack unit. The 6176 channel strip is a great front end preamp or re-amping solution for getting vintage vibe and anolog warmth in recordings. A clever Join/Split feature can bridge or separate the two units. When in Join mode users can run the output of the 610 pre into the input of the 1176N limiter, Split mode enables users to use both modules independently from each other.
Universal Audio 6176 Main Features
- All-tube mic preamp section derived from legendary Bill Putnam-designed 610 modular console
- Signature 1176LN Class A FET compressor section
- High and Low-frequency shelving EQ
- Variable impedance Input, Gain, and Output levels
- Mic, balanced Line, and Hi-Z inputs
- Ultra-quiet operation
- Stereo interconnection via 1176-SA
- Hand-built in USA