In this interview in our series of our team interviewing each other our community manager Eric Johnson interviews Rex Strother who looks after our plugin databases. Learn more about Rex and the connections he has with some of the other Pro Tools Expert team members.
- 0'00" Intro
- 0'35" How did you get into the audio industry?
- 2'40" What was your first system?
- 4'00" What was your first Pro Tools system?
- 5'40" Tell us what you do for Pro Tools Expert and the community?
- 7'10" Plug-ins lost in the RTAS to AAX transition?
- 9'05" The great benefits of AAX and the new 64-bit Pro Tools
- 10'45" Sometimes plug-ins aren’t immediately available to the Windows users
- 11'38" Getting to know the Pro Tools Expert team has been great, but sometimes costly!
- 12'30" Learn how to make the most of the gear and plug-ins that you have!
- 14'30" Tell us about your day job
- 17'00" We discuss the collaboration with James Ivey
- 21'35" James has used some of Rex’s songs for plug-in and gear demos
- 24'13" Do you have any particular challenges or issues with the audio industry?
- 29'00" What do you want to do in the future?
- 30'25" Musical legacy and history in his family
- 34'56" Thank you and goodbye
Next up Rex will be interviewing Paul Drew who is also deputy editor of our sister site Studio One Expert.