Pro Tools tips, tricks, support and news for users of Pro Tools. Free Pro Tools video tutorials and free Pro Tools plug-ins. We support both the music and post production community.
We offer advice for users of all versions of Pro Tools both current and legacy formats. We’re independent and are not affiliated with Avid or their associated companies.
Entries in win (41)
Our friends at Sound Radix are running a Facebook prize draw with the prize being their Radical Bundle.
The Radical Bundle includes:
- Surfer EQ
- Auto Align
Sound Radix say on their Facebook page:
We’re giving anyone who likes our Facebook page the chance to win the Sound Radix Radical Bundle - Value $499. Simply like our page, enter your email address and you have the chance to win all of plug-ins. Even better invite friends to enter and you get a second entry.
More here http://woobox.com/yx54gk
We’ve been thrilled by the response to this year’s Pro Tools Expert People’s Choice Award, the nominations are coming in at quite a rate and as we hoped for both large and small companies.
To recap this year we are on the hunt to find the People’s Choice for Most Innovative Brand and the Brand With Best Customer Service and during November we are asking you to nominate who you think deserves the award, then in December the brands with the most nominations in each categories will be short-listed to a top 5 and then it’s down to a public vote. This really is the People’s Choice Award, anyone could win.
If you want to know more click here to nominate, you’ll also be entered into a prize draw to win great prizes.
Here are the nominations so far:
We’ve teamed up with our friend at London based Alchemea College to offer a very cool prize, win a day recording at their place equipped with both a vintage SSL4000 G series console and an SSL Duality, along with both analogue tape on an Otari MTR90, Pro Tools and a lot of outboard, they are even throwing in an engineer to drive the gear.
To win you simply need to tell us why you think you or your band should spend the day recording at Alchemea, it costs nothing to enter.
- You are entering for a chance to win a day recording in London based Alchemea, with use of the facilities and an engineer for the day for you or a your band.
- One entry per email address.
- No travel, accommodation or any other expenses related to your visit are included, you must arrange and meet the costs of these.
- By entering this draw you are giving permission for your information to be shared with all companies who are supplying prizes for this draw. You may remove yourself from the draw at any time, removing yourself before the end of the draw will remove your entry.
- The winner/s will be photographed and the audio of the day may be used as ongoing information about the experience, you are giving your permission for us to do that.
- The winner will own the physical master and all copyright in the publishing and performance to any works or part works developed, produced, arranged, recorded and mastered during the day remain yours.
- No recording, publishing, management or distribution contract is being entered into as part of this competition.
- There is no cost to enter this draw.
- The judges decision is final, no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of this draw.
- Ends last day of November 2014.
Westlake Pro are running a promotion sweepstake every day in September, with prizes of over $17,000 in value.
The grand prize is an Avid HD Native Thunderbolt recording package with Omni interface.
There’s other prizes to win every day, so go here to find out more.
Pro Tools Expert are delighted to see Universal Audio winning the Pensado Awards ‘Outstanding Brand Award’ - described as the brand or entity espousing best audio practices.
We can think of no better winner than the Universal Audio, they make excellent products for the recording industry. This is because they come up with real-world solutions designed by those who are also musicians and audio engineers with a long heritage in the music industry - they instinctively know the needs of industry and care deeply about doing it right, they are also some of the nicest people around.
Whilst I was away in California I visited the new Universal Audio studio, Pro Tools Expert were the first press to get a look of the new studios and we will be posting a story in the coming days with some cool pictures.
So well done Universal Audio and all our other friends who were honoured by Dave and the team at Pensado’s Place from the entire Pro Tools Expert team!
Neil, James & Mike Aiton bring you another show with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
- Matt Chamberlain Drums From Loop Loft With Exclusive Pro Tools Sessions £32 - 33% Discount
- LiquidSonics Reverberate Convolution Reverb Plug-in £35 - 30% Discount
- TAL-U-NO-LX Synth Plug-in £27 - 25% Discount
- Acon Digital DeReverberate Plug-in £39 - 33% Discount
- #Hit It - The Ultimate Guide To Programming Drums eBook £11 - 25% Discount
- In Or Out Of The Box - What’s Your Recording Workflow? Poll
- Pro Tools Video Performance Tests
- Slate Raven 2.0 Software
- Upgrading a School with computers for DAWs
- David Plumb - Stems for specialist client work
- Nevada Music Pro Tools Evening July 10th
- Emulating Wavetable Modulation With Xpand
- Hardware Controller Tips for Neil - SSL Nucleus
- Matt North - Structure Free Shortcuts In Pro Tools 11
- Phil Tuttle - Audio Clicking in Pro Tools
- Brent Smith - Vocal Plug-in Chain EQ
Auto-Tune Vocal Studio combines Auto-Tune 7, the renoun pitch (and now time) correction plug-in, with AVOX 4, the latest generation of the Antares Vocal Toolkit, which itself is a bundle of processing plug-ins. All together, they provide a comprehensive suite of tools for producing great vocal tracks.
AVOX 4 combine 11 Antares plug-ins in one one bundle
- Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeleing Harmony Generator - The quickest, easiest tool for creating realistic harmonies.
- Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler - lets the mics you own sound like the mics you wish you owned
- MUTATOR Evo Extreme Voice Designer- the ideal tool for unique vocal special effects and post-production sound design
- ARTICULATOR Evo Digital Talkbox - perfect for talking guitars, singing synths, whispering voices, and a wide range of special effects
- WARM Tube Saturation Generator - warms up vocals with Antares’ world-renowned analog tube modeling technology
- ASPIRE Evo Aspiration Noise Processor - the world’s first tool for modifying a voice’s breathiness independently of its harmonic content
- THROAT Evo Physical Modeling Vocal Designer - subtly (or radically) re-sculpt vocal characteristics with a meticulously crafted physical model of the human vocal tract
- DUO Evo Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler - automatically generates a doubled vocal part with unmatched ease and realism
- CHOIR Evo Vocal Multiplier - turns a single voice into up to 32 distinct individual unison voices; assign instances of CHOIR to voices singing harmony and voila, instant choir
- PUNCH Evo Vocal Impact Enhancer - gives your vocal more dynamic impact, allowing it to cut through a dense mix with clarity and power
- SYBIL Evo Variable Frequency De-Esser - tames vocal sibilance with a flexible compressor and a variable sidechain frequency to match any vocal performance
Would you like to win a copy of Antares Auto-Tune Studio worth $699? All you need to do is fill in your details and answer one question to enter the competition. Enter here
Don’t forget to head over to the Pro Tools Users Facebook page, where you can enter to win a free Pro Tools 11!
Hurry, the last day to enter is June 30th!
If you missed the chance to buy the Acon Digiital Verberate algorithmic reverb plug-in, now, thanks to our friends at Acon Digital, you have the chance to win one of five copies. Click here for a chance to win Acon Digital Verberate plug-in If you share with friends and like the Acon Digital page you check get extra chances to win.
You need to be over 18yrs of age, and a Facebook fan to enter.
Thanks to TC Electronic we are giving away a copy of their LM6n plug-in every day in May, that’s over $13,000 worth of plug-ins. Now you can have the very latest in native plug-ins to measure Loudness and True-Peak on mono, stereo or surround (LM6n) tracks in all major DAWs. Even better there’s at least 31 chances to win as every time you share the link you get entered again.
You need to be over 18yrs of age, a Facebook fan (if you’re not then get a friend to enter for you) and have an iLok account.
To enter with at least 31 chances of winning click here