Entries in win (38)
Pro Tools Expert are delighted to see Universal Audio winning the Pensado Awards ‘Outstanding Brand Award’ - described as the brand or entity espousing best audio practices.
We can think of no better winner than the Universal Audio, they make excellent products for the recording industry. This is because they come up with real-world solutions designed by those who are also musicians and audio engineers with a long heritage in the music industry - they instinctively know the needs of industry and care deeply about doing it right, they are also some of the nicest people around.
Whilst I was away in California I visited the new Universal Audio studio, Pro Tools Expert were the first press to get a look of the new studios and we will be posting a story in the coming days with some cool pictures.
So well done Universal Audio and all our other friends who were honoured by Dave and the team at Pensado’s Place from the entire Pro Tools Expert team!
Neil, James & Mike Aiton bring you another show with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
- Matt Chamberlain Drums From Loop Loft With Exclusive Pro Tools Sessions £32 - 33% Discount
- LiquidSonics Reverberate Convolution Reverb Plug-in £35 - 30% Discount
- TAL-U-NO-LX Synth Plug-in £27 - 25% Discount
- Acon Digital DeReverberate Plug-in £39 - 33% Discount
- #Hit It - The Ultimate Guide To Programming Drums eBook £11 - 25% Discount
- In Or Out Of The Box - What’s Your Recording Workflow? Poll
- Pro Tools Video Performance Tests
- Slate Raven 2.0 Software
- Upgrading a School with computers for DAWs
- David Plumb - Stems for specialist client work
- Nevada Music Pro Tools Evening July 10th
- Emulating Wavetable Modulation With Xpand
- Hardware Controller Tips for Neil - SSL Nucleus
- Matt North - Structure Free Shortcuts In Pro Tools 11
- Phil Tuttle - Audio Clicking in Pro Tools
- Brent Smith - Vocal Plug-in Chain EQ
Auto-Tune Vocal Studio combines Auto-Tune 7, the renoun pitch (and now time) correction plug-in, with AVOX 4, the latest generation of the Antares Vocal Toolkit, which itself is a bundle of processing plug-ins. All together, they provide a comprehensive suite of tools for producing great vocal tracks.
AVOX 4 combine 11 Antares plug-ins in one one bundle
- Harmony Engine Evo Vocal Modeleing Harmony Generator - The quickest, easiest tool for creating realistic harmonies.
- Mic Mod EFX Classic Microphone Modeler - lets the mics you own sound like the mics you wish you owned
- MUTATOR Evo Extreme Voice Designer- the ideal tool for unique vocal special effects and post-production sound design
- ARTICULATOR Evo Digital Talkbox - perfect for talking guitars, singing synths, whispering voices, and a wide range of special effects
- WARM Tube Saturation Generator - warms up vocals with Antares’ world-renowned analog tube modeling technology
- ASPIRE Evo Aspiration Noise Processor - the world’s first tool for modifying a voice’s breathiness independently of its harmonic content
- THROAT Evo Physical Modeling Vocal Designer - subtly (or radically) re-sculpt vocal characteristics with a meticulously crafted physical model of the human vocal tract
- DUO Evo Vocal Modeling Auto-Doubler - automatically generates a doubled vocal part with unmatched ease and realism
- CHOIR Evo Vocal Multiplier - turns a single voice into up to 32 distinct individual unison voices; assign instances of CHOIR to voices singing harmony and voila, instant choir
- PUNCH Evo Vocal Impact Enhancer - gives your vocal more dynamic impact, allowing it to cut through a dense mix with clarity and power
- SYBIL Evo Variable Frequency De-Esser - tames vocal sibilance with a flexible compressor and a variable sidechain frequency to match any vocal performance
Would you like to win a copy of Antares Auto-Tune Studio worth $699? All you need to do is fill in your details and answer one question to enter the competition. Enter here
Don’t forget to head over to the Pro Tools Users Facebook page, where you can enter to win a free Pro Tools 11!
Hurry, the last day to enter is June 30th!
If you missed the chance to buy the Acon Digiital Verberate algorithmic reverb plug-in, now, thanks to our friends at Acon Digital, you have the chance to win one of five copies. Click here for a chance to win Acon Digital Verberate plug-in If you share with friends and like the Acon Digital page you check get extra chances to win.
You need to be over 18yrs of age, and a Facebook fan to enter.
Thanks to TC Electronic we are giving away a copy of their LM6n plug-in every day in May, that’s over $13,000 worth of plug-ins. Now you can have the very latest in native plug-ins to measure Loudness and True-Peak on mono, stereo or surround (LM6n) tracks in all major DAWs. Even better there’s at least 31 chances to win as every time you share the link you get entered again.
You need to be over 18yrs of age, a Facebook fan (if you’re not then get a friend to enter for you) and have an iLok account.
To enter with at least 31 chances of winning click here
Our friends at Focusrite are offering the opportunity to win £10,000 of studio gear during this spring. Please note this is a UK only competition but if you are based in the UK and buy any new Focusrite, Novation or KRK product from a participating UK dealer and complete the form on the Focusrite site you have a chance to win.
There are fifty draws in total, one for each day of the competition. Once you have entered and answered the competition question correctly, you are automatically included in the daily draw for a £200 Studio Gear Voucher until the final draw. The sooner you buy a new Focusrite, Novation or KRK product and enter the competition, the more chances you have to win a £200 voucher. The first draw was on 15th April 2014 and runs through to 2nd June 2014. The winners will be announced here.
Follow These Steps To Enter This Focusrite, Novation or KRK Competition
- Buy any new Focusrite, Novation or KRK product between 1st April 2014 and 2nd June 2014 from any participating UK dealer.
- Enter the competition using this form.
- Imagine what other Focusrite or Novation studio gear you would like in your studio!
You can use the £200 voucher towards any Focusrite or Novation product of your choice. Maybe you have just purchased a Focusrite audio interface and next on your gear list is a Novation Impulse Keyboard Controller - as used by Lorde’s keyboard player, Jimmy Mac. Maybe Multi-GRAMMY® Award-winning producer and mixer Chris Lord-Alge’s adoption of RedNet has inspired you to invest in the Focusrite sound?
Helpful hint To Help Enter This Focusrite, Novation or KRK Competition
There is a question in the competition that you need to find the answer to. Check out this video on Youtube, watch carefully and find out what Chris Lord-Alge has to say about Focusrite’s Rednet system.
The gang over at uber fantastic sound creation company e-instrument are giving away a copy of Session Horns every week until April 3rd 2014.
The Session Horns Prize Draw
More About Session Horns
Session Horns is the versatile and playable horn section that will instantly perk up your productions. The trombone, tenor sax and two trumpets have been sampled to perfection and deliver a rich, authentic sound, playable by anyone.
Session Horns features a unique Smart Voice Split function for creating authentic horn arrangements on the fly. Or get inspired with theAnimator – a harmonically flexible riff generator. Inject any production with a dynamite sound that will blow you away.
Mac or PC, requires Kontakt Player or Kontakt
Our friends at Plug & Mix and Puremix have a mix contest running at the moment.
The concept is very simple Re-Mixing DJ Colette hit song “We Feel so Hot”. You can listen to mixes already posted by users on SoundCloud. The excellent news is that everyone that participates will win a FREE P&M Plug-in and a FREE video tutorial from Puremix.net!
10 winners will be selected and they will ALL win a P&M V.I.P. Bundle ($299 Value) as well as a ONE year subscription to Puremix video content ($269 Value)
As an added bonus during the contest the Plug&Mix V.I.P Bundle will be sold at the promoted price of ONLY $179 (MSRP $299). That is ONLY $4.48 per Plug-in!
For more information check out the Plug & Mix site.
Our friends at RSPE are offering the chance to win a $10,000 Pro Tools HD Native System.
- HD Omni
- HD Native Thunderbolt
- Pro Tools HD 11
- 13” Macbook Pro Retina w 8GB RAM
- Pair of Focal Solo6 Be Studio Monitors
In Podcast 98 we discussed the idea of encouraging the community to help each other. As we have said on many occasions we aren’t the only Pro Tools Experts, it works best when we pull together as a community to help each other when and where we can. There are plenty of places on the web for trolls and negativity, if that’s you style then the Pro Tools Expert community may not be for you. Many of our members work hard to create a positive and supportive community of Pro Tools Experts and we think that kind of attitude should be recognised and encouraged.
With all of that in mind we would like to reward those in the community who go the extra mile to help others.
Each month we will award the Community Member Of The Month Award sponsored by Sonnox. We are very pleased to announce that Sonnox are sponsoring this award as they want to support us in building a positive community, but we need to make it clear that Sonnox has no other involvement, and in no way endorses or encourages any individual comment or view submitted on Pro Tools Expert. This award would go to the individual who in the judges opinion made the best contribution to the Pro Tools Expert community. For example it could be for…
- A single post helping a community member with a problem on the main site or on our Facebook page.
- A great video demonstrating a tip or trick in a new way.
- A collection of smaller posts all with the aim of helping the community.
In the first podcast of each month we will announce the award from the previous month and explain why we have chosen that individual. We will post the story with a picture and details of the winner as we do with other competition winners.
As this award is sponsored by Sonnox the winner each month will be able to choose one Native plug-in from the Sonnox Elite Collection.
Terms & Conditions
- The item is download only, you must have an iLok account to use this software.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Pro Tools Team members will not be included in this award.
- While Sonnox is pleased to be sponsoring this award, it has no other involvement; Sonnox in no way endorses or encourages any individual comment or view submitted on Pro Tools Expert.
The winner on day 5 of the People’s Choice Prize Draw is Nate Jones from Colorado Springs.
He said “Maag EQ 4 has the most educated frequency selections of any preselected frequency EQ’s. Once you use it you will hear why. The curves are very musical and allow the voice to remain very natural even under extreme usage. Air band s a real one of a kind.”
The winner on day 4 of the People’s Choice Prize Draw is Pedro V Romero from Spain.
He said “One of the most used tool in my mastering studio is the amazing RX3, finally i can correct distortion, overs, noises, etc without artefacts. Great tool!”
The winner on day 2 of the People’s Choice Prize Draw is M Berry.
He said “I voted for the Blue Cat MB-7. The ability to host VST is good. Also, I had been fooling around with using filters to split bands to do parallel compression & this makes the whole process so much nicer. But the real winning feature for me is the midi integration with the controls. This allows me to do some really nice control tricks. I really wish that Avid would apply this midi philosophy to some of the controls in Pro Tools. I am really liking Blue Cat these days. I happily used the spec. analyzer in their free bundle for a long time (you may remember I submitted a tip to use it as a distortion meter). When the deal for the MB7 hit, I got it immediately & loved it from the start. It was a ‘no-brainer’ then for me to trade it up for the entire bundle. IMO, this company is doing some really good, fresh thinking.”
The winner on day 1 of the People’s Choice Prize Draw is Dan Watts from the UK.
He said “I know it’s slightly an unglamorous choice but VE Pro 5 gets my vote. Being able to host slave PCs easily on my mac without having to tweak a multitude of settings is just amazing! And all using Ethernet too!”
The votes continue to pour in for the Pro Tools Expert People’s Choice Award.
How about winning a limited edition white iLok, thanks to our friends at iLok we have some cool ‘Storm Trooper’ iLoks to give away. All you have to do is vote for your favourite product, leave a comment and every day until Christmas Eve one lucky person will be drawn. It’s as simple as that, no forms to fill in, simply vote and comment!
Ends Christmas Eve.
It seems it’s the season of giving and our friends at RSPE Audio Solutions have kindly donated a full set of Avid Pro Series plug-ins worth $479 it features:
The Avid Pro Limiter which is a nice transparent-sounding limiter that enables you to maximize the loudness of any mix, without distortion or harshness. Many of the team use this when recording the Pro Tools Expert podcast, it is very clean even under series conditions. Check out our Avid Pro Limiter review here and also our Avid Pro Limiter review here.
The Avid Pro Compressor based on the Avid System 5 console and Channel Strip plug-in compressor, this is a series professional compressor plug-in for Pro Tools. Check out Neil’s video review of the Avid Pro Compressor here.
Finally the Avid Pro Expander is also based on the Avid Channel Strip plug-in and has a full professional feature set for pro music and post producers and engineers.
This is a Facebook Sweepstake, even better every time you get your friend to enter you get another entry into the contest giving you more chances to win. If you don’t have a Facebook account then get someone who you know to enter for you. Click here to win the Avid Pro Series plug-ins for Pro Tools.
Avid’s Pro Series plug-ins work with AAX DSP and AAX Native systems, including Pro Tools|HDX, Pro Tools|HD Native, and any system using Pro Tools® 10 and higher software. To find out more about AAX compatible plug-ins for Pro Tools visits our AAX plug-in database.
A second chance to win $10K worth of studio gear is now open to those beyond the US, Westlake Pro have now opened this up to those from US, Canada, EU, or UK.
The contest to win pro recording equipment includes a MacBook Pro, Avid HD system including an Avid Omni, a UAD Satellite, Line 6 Pod, Waves Gold Bundle and JBL speakers, with a value of around $10,000. It runs until January 15th 2014.
To celebrate our 5th Anniversary we’ve put together an unmissable opportunity, one lucky person is going to win around $20,000 worth of studio equipment (terms and conditions apply). The bundle is:
- Avid Omni interface - Kindly supplied by our friends at Avid
- Avid Pro Tools 11HD - Kindly supplied by our friends at Avid
- Pro Tools PC - Kindly supplied by our friends at Pro Tools PC
- Rednet System - Kindly supplied by our friends at Focusrite
- UAD-2 Quad - Kindly supplied by our friends at Universal Audio
- KRK Rokit 8 G3 Monitors - Kindly supplied by our friends at KRK
- KRK KNS 8400 Studio Headphones - Kindly supplied by our friends at KRK
- The Entire Plug-in Alliance Collection - Kindly supplied by our friends at Plug-in Alliance
- Fabfiter Total Bundle - Kindly supplied by our friends at Fabfilter
- iZotope Studio And Repair Advanced Bundle - Kindly supplied by our friends at iZotope
- Exponential Audio Reverb Bundle - Kindly supplied by our friends at Exponential Audio
- Arturia V Collection Synths Bundle - Kindly supplied by our friends at Arturia
- Novation Studio Impulse 61 Controller - Kindly supplied by our friends at Novation
- Synchro Arts Revoice Pro - Kindly supplied by our friends at Synchro Arts
- Mogami Cabling - Kindly supplied by our friends at Source Distribution
- Groove 3 All Access Pass - Kindly supplied by our friends at Groove 3
There draw is free to enter and is open to anyone from qualifying countries. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. Draw ends last day of December 2013.
In this competition we are offering 5 copies of the new Sonnox Codec Toolbox that consists of two applications - the Toolbox Plug-In, for auditioning your mix in real-time through various codecs, and the Toolbox Manager for encoding and adding metadata.
- Audition codecs in real-time (a huge time saver - no need to encode first then listen!)
- Multiple high quality codecs, including mp3, AAC and iTunes+
- Batch encode multiple files to save time
- ‘Clip Safe’ auto-compensates for any overs, keeping your mix clean
- Add metadata like track names and artwork
- Decode mp3 or AAC files to WAV or AIF
- Costs just £35 GBP
Why do I need it?
- You want to hear in real time how your mix sounds encoded for mp3 or AAC at different bit-rates.
- You want to ensure your mix isn’t too loud and won’t clip when played back.
- You want to encode your music with high quality codecs for the best listening experience.
- You want to create or edit metadata for encoded files
- You want to batch encode or decode multiple files
Which platforms are supported?
Codec Toolbox is compatible with Mac (OSX 10.6.8 and above) and Windows (XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8). Installers are provided for AAX Native, RTAS, Audio Units and VST formats. Most DAW’s are supported.
5 copies to win!
You could win one of 5 copies of Sonnox’s Codec Toolbox. Simply complete the form below and wait and see what happens! You need to go to the Sonnox web site and watch the video to find the answer.
Go here and watch the short video and then tell us video what is the name of the artist that is being encoded?
Please complete all fields. One entry per email address. You are entering for a chance to win one copy of Sonnox Codec TOOLbox, no cash alterntive. Judges decision is final and no correspondance will be entered into. By entering your details you are giving permission for either/or Pro Tools Expert and Sonnox to contact you in the future. You can opt out at any time after the draw has ended, if you do so before it ends then you will be removed from the draw. Contest ends last day of October 2013.