Entries in update (76)
Avid have today announced Pro Tools 11.3 with compataibilty for Apple OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Avid write;
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.3
- Pro Tools reports an “Automation Too Dense (AAE –9155) error when soloing/unsoloing. (PTSW-196601)
- Importing MXF files from Pro Tools into Media Composer can result in incorrect files being linked due to matching sourceID. (PTSW-194005)
- Pro Tools reports an AAE-9173 error during real-time bounce to disk. (PTSW-195074/PTSW-197275)
- The timing of automation may be off when there is delay induced by plug-ins further down in the signal chain. (PTSW-196906)
- When loaded as a session, certain AAF Files exported from MC 7.0.4 and 8.3 may cause Pro Tools to quit unexpectedly. (MCDEV-2132)
- Pro Tools links to incorrect files when working with chunked MXF video. (UME-1104)
- Some types of ProRes 422 files show black rather than the expected video when played back in Pro Tools 11.1.3 and higher. (UME-1101)
- Certain Apple Pro Res files do not display correctly in Pro Tools (they appear as blank video) even though the files open without presenting an error. (PTSW-196429)
- Pro Tools with Avid Interplay presents and offline media error when using the Send to Playback command even though all media is online. (PTSW-195195)
System Requirements and Compatibility with Pro Tools 11 Software (details)
- Pro Tools 11.3 supports Mac OS X 10.10 & 10.10.1 (Yosemite), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
- Pro Tools 11.3 supports Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows 7 SP1
- Avid Artist, S3, and MCPro Users: EuControl and Workstation are not officially qualified with Yosemite at this time. Upgrading to Yosemite is not recommended yet for use with these products. If using Pro Tools 11.3 with these on Mountain Lion or Mavericks you should install EuControl 3.2 or higher (My Artist Login)
- S6 owners should update to version 1.3 to use Pro Tools 11.3 (Avid Account > My Products > S6 Software Update > Show)
Andre Zeugner from Adam Audio has been in touch to tell us that German entrepreneurs with the CWM holding company on December 11th, 2014 have acquired ownership of ADAM Professional Audio . As we reported earlier, ADAM Professional Audio ran into difficulties with capitial funding after taking on too many projects and products.
The new owners have already gone on record that their goal is to invest in ADAM Audio and bring production back up to normal as well as to invest in new products which will strengthen ADAM Audio’s already excellent market position.
A representative of the new shareholder, Sebastian Canzlertold us….
ADAM Audio is known worldwide in the pro audio industry for its superb speakers. Due to the high precision and quality of the products as well as the large technical expertise of its employees, the company has become very quickly a leading supplier of professional audio monitors. All of this provides a very good basis for further growth, which we strive for together with the existing team.
Sven Schmöle, Managing Director of ADAM Audio added…
With CWM we have a partner on our site that supports our passion for innovation and helps us realize our full potential. Our task now is to resume production as soon as possible in order to supply our customers with products again.
FabFilter Holiday Sale
To celebrate the end of the year, they are running a Holiday Sale in their online web store. Until January 1st 2015, they are offering 25% discount on all of their plug-in bundles.
Existing FabFilter owners should also log into your account and you may well find some additional offers just for you.
FabFilter Pro-MB and Pro-Q2 Free Updates Including retina Support
They have just released updates for their Pro-MB and Pro-Q 2 plug-ins which introduce Retina support on OS X and High DPI support on Windows. Also in these updates the Pro-MB now features interface resizing, Full Screen mode, horizontal zooming, side chain spectrum visualization and more!
These updates are free for existing users, and they are fully compatible with existing sessions and presets.
FabFilter Pro-Q2 Free Tutorial
Watch Russ’ free tutorial on how to match the EQ of two tracks with the FabFilter Pro-Q2 plug-in
Yosemite Users, Don’t Do It!
Avid have announced the latest update for Pro Tools 11. However, disappointingly it doesn’t include support for Apple’s current OS - Yosemite. Avid tell us that Pro Tools 11.2.2 does support Mac OS X 10.9, 10.9.1, 10.9.2, 10.9.3, 10.9.4 (Mavericks) and Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).
On Windows, Pro Tools 11.2.2 supports Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows 7 SP1
Avid S6 Users, Don’t Do it!
Avid also say that S6 owners should not update to Pro Tools 11.2.2 at this time.
HD Users - New HD Drivers & HDX Firmware
Pro Tools HDX and HD Native users, be sure to install the 11.2.2 HD drivers. The HD drivers may be found in the Driver Installers folder included in the 11.2.2 download.
Pro Tools 11.2.2 requires a firmware update for HDX card. The firmware update will take place during Pro Tools launch after you have updated. Avid tell us that the firmware update has been tested for backwards compatibility with Pro Tools 10.3.6 and later.
New Versions Of Revibe, Space & X-Form
If you are upgrading to 11.2.2 and you own ReVibe, Space and X-Form you should update to the 11.2.2 versions of thes plug-ins which should be available from the respective plug-in pages on the Avid site or in you Avid Acoount.
Wait Until You have Downtime Before You Upgrade
As we always say, if you are in the middle of a project, consider very carefully whether you should run any upgrades. We recommend you wait for some downtime so that if there are any issues you have time to fix them or go back to the previous version.
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2.2
- In certain mixer configurations, virtual instruments on Auxiliary Input or Instrument tracks that are configured to receive MIDI from standalone MIDI tracks are now correctly time-aligned in offline bounces. (PTSW-195783)
Synchro Arts have announced the immediate availability of Revoice Pro 3, a major upgrade to the application already used worldwide by top audio professionals for timing and pitch alignment of vocals, instruments and ADR.
We have had a sneak peak of this and all we can say is that it is even better than before with great new editing and tweaking features and sounds even better. New users wishing to purchase Revoice Pro 3 can benefit from a 30% Introductory Discount for a limited period.
You may recall a recent Pro Tools Expert article about using the Mac Mini for your home studio.
In the original article we talked about why we thought it made a good choice for Mac lovers on a budget, how Apple have made it an even better proposition.
The new Mac Mini has got a refresh with:
- Fourth-generation Intel Core processors
- Faster integrated graphics
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 ports
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Our friends at iZotope have been very busy. It was only a month ago that they announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, now they are announcing a new version of their mastering suites Ozone 6 and Ozone 6 Advanced.
What iZotope say about Ozone 6…
The best of analog and digital. A completely redesigned, modern interface. And a new module that fuses the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor.
Ozone 5 Sale
- If you buy Ozone 5 now at the special price of $199 (normally $249) then you wil also get a free upgrade to Ozone 6 when it is released.
- If you buy Ozone 5 Advanced now at the special price of $599 (normally $999) then you wil also get a free upgrade to Ozone 6 Advanced when it is released.
Ozone 6 Pricing Plans Including Upgrades
iZotope have also announced the Ozone 6 prices including upgrades
- Ozone 6 will start with a special promotional price of $199 before returning to the normal price of $249
- Ozone 6 Advanced will start with a special promotional price of $599 before returning to the normal price of $999
- Owners of Ozone 1 to 5 will be able to upgrade to Ozone 6 for $99
- Owners of Ozone 1 to 5 Advanced will be able to upgrade to Ozone 6 Adavnced for $299
The team at Pro Tools PC have been quietly working in the background preparing a raft of improvements to their range of PCs especially configured to play nicely with Pro Tools on the Windows platform.
Thunderbolt 2 - They have updated the well established 4 Core Pro Tools PC to the latest Processor and Chipset technology which also brings the expanded connectivity of Thunderbolt 2 as standard.
More Cores - They have developed two brand new models the “6 Core “and the “8 Core” for massive processing power and even more RAM capability, with Thunderbolt 2 as a future option these machines are packed with power and connectivity.
So why stop at 6 and 8 core models? They didn’t want to and so they are currently developing the “12 Core” and “24 Core” models, these will feature the same optional Thunderbolt 2 expandability as our 6 and 8 core models as well as the option of up to 128GB of RAM.
- Support for OSX 10.10 Yosemite
- 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11
- 64-bit VST support for Nuendo
- Remote Transport Sync support for 64-bit applications
- Cancel port test
- Subscription option for Standard
- Comprehensive error messages with detailed help
At Last Speakerphone 2.1 64 bits For Windows Is Available
Existing owners of Speakerphone can now get your free 64 bits and Pro Tools 11 AAX update v2.1.3 of this great plug-in. I know this has been the deal breaker for some folk not upgrading to Pro Tools 11.
What’s In Speakerphone 2.1
- Fully backward compatible with Speakerphone 2 (and 1), reads presets, settings and automation and sounds the same.
- 64 bits and 32 bits, all available plug-in formats (Windows: AAX and VST, Mac: AAX, VST, AudioUnit and MAS)
- AAX (does require Pro Tools 10.3.8 or up, and of course also fully supported: Pro Tools 11)
- New smartphone, tablet and flatscreen TV speaker IRs added!
- New preset browser
- Factory presets also available in host format (Pro Tools, VST and AudioUnit on Mac)
- Retina display support (Mac)