Entries in update (65)
Sonivox have announced that their products are now AAX 64 bit and now Pro Tools 11 compatible.
- AU 32/64-bit.
- VST 32/64-bit.
- AAX 64-bit.
- Stand Alone 32-bit.
Updated Sonivox Products:
- Twist 2.2 Spectral Morphing Synthesizer.
- Wobble 2.2 Dubstep Grime Generator.
- Vocalizer Pro 1.2 Vocoder Musical Instrument.
- Big Bang Universal Drums 2.2 Flagship Drum Instrument.
- Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.2 Cinematic Percussion Instrument.
- Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.2 Flagship Piano with Splits & Layers.
- Playa 1.4 Flagship Hip Hop Instrument.
- Playa Aggro Electro Boom 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop / Urban Instrument.
- Playa Strings 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop Strings Instrument.
Version 2.0 owners (or Vocalizer Pro/Playa Series Version 1.0) are entitled to a free update. Current owners of earlier versions can purchase an upgrade.
At IBC I have just had a personal extended demo of the new Avid S3L-X. When I saw the original announcement it didn’t seem to be a big deal, but know I have been given the personal tour of the Avid S3L-X I can see much more clearly what they have done.
Key New Features in The Avid S3L-X
Keep pace with the latest sound processing innovations with 64-bit AAX DSP plug-in support.
What that actually means is the S3L engine ran on Windows XP and was 32 bit. The new S3 engine runs on Windows 8 and is 64 bit. This software change needs more RAM so you need to double the RAM in the S3 Engine, but once that is done and the OS is upgraded you have a new machine. It is hoped that there will be an upgrade kit available to enable existing S3L owners to upgrade and get the X bit.
Akai have announced their MPC version 1.7 software with a massive amount of new features, one feature that will make Pro Tools users happy is AAX compatibility for Pro Tools 11.
Main Feature Updates For MPC 1.7
- Reworked browser with adjustable volume on sample auditioning
- AAX plugin compatibility with Pro Tools 10 and 11
- Real-time loop-style sample layering, “Direct Record” mode
- Included Hybrid 3 synth
- New mixer architecture with better metering and better control
- Filter the information displayed on the mixer for customized information views
- Improved audio export
- Expanded track automation, with visual feedback
- Multi-processor audio path for better performance
- More keyboard shortcuts
Akai MPC 1.7 Video
Avid have announced Pro Tools 11.2.1 for Mac and Windows.
A highlight for many Pro Tools users will be the long overdue bug fix for delay compensation especially when using multiple outputs on virtual instruments.
All the bug fixes in Pro Tools 11.2.1 are shown below.
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2.1
- When using the Import Session Data command, Pro Tools no longer incorrectly copies audio files when “Clips and Media” is not selected in the “Track Data to Import” menu. (PTSW-194293)
- You can now enter a new time position in the Transport Counter during playback. (PTSW-195388)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly when creating sessions from templates or importing or rendering audio from an ISIS workspace. (PTSW-195338)
- You can now nudge MIDI notes after they have been marquee-selected using the Grabber tool. (PTSW-195626)
- Pro Tools no longer stops working when you play back a session, and then reactivate an inactive track that contains a send. (PTSW-195172)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly after selecting “Expand Channels to New Tracks (by match Criteria).” (PTSW-192725)
- Plug-in delay compensation now works correctly. (PTSW-195299)
- When routing multiple outputs from a virtual instrument on an Instrument track to multiple Auxiliary Input tracks, the destination Aux tracks are now correctly delay-compensated and remain time-aligned. (PTSW-188341, PTSW-190873)
- It is now possible to view automation lanes of plug-in parameter whose names contain more than 31 characters. (PTSW-195113) Audio waveforms are now correctly updated when waveform view is fully zoomed out. (PTSW-195086)
- The “Trim Clip to File Boundaries” command now affects only selected clips. (PTSW-193874)
- Parameter values in AAX plug-ins are now displaying correctly on control surfaces. (PTSW-195073)
- Master Fader track metering on HDX systems now works correctly. (PTSW-194044)
- If “Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled” is selected, recalling settings of a multi-mono plug-in now consistently recalls the playlist values for those controls. (PTSW-194043)
Waves have updated their StudioRack Native installer to fix a install issue that meant some Pro Tools users were unable to install it.
In an email to customers they say “We have uploaded a new SoundGrid & Native Applications V9r2 installer which solves these difficulties. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
You can see the review video posted on this site earlier today.
The download can be found in Waves accounts.
Universal Audio have announced UAD v7.8 Software which includes the long awaited release of Thermionic Culture Vulture Plug-In, along with Valley People Dyna-mite Plug-in and Tonelux Tilt EQ Plug-In.
Along with the new plug-ins UAD v7.8 software offers Session compatibility between Mac/Windows with Pro Tools 11.2
Download UAD v7.8 Software
You can download the latest version of the UAD software for both Mac and PC from Universal Audio here
Thermionic Culture Vulture
The Thermionic Culture Vulture is a legendary, studio-grade, high-gain valve unit that provides a palette of vivid distortion colors — from sublime thickening textures to demonic growls of perverted mayhem, thanks to its three distinct all-valve circuit topologies. More here
Valley People Dyna-mite Plug-In
From our friends at Softube - long considered a “secret weapon” by top engineers and producers, the Valley People Dyna-mite limiter/gate/expander is a legendary creative tool capable of extreme, yet musical, effects on a variety of sound sources. Designed in conjunction with Softube, the Dyna-mite plug-in is a dead-on emulation of this classic — even enigmatic — dynamics processor for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces. More here
Tonelux Tilt EQ Plug-In
Another from Softube and a favourite of some of the Pro Tools Expert team is the Tonelux Tilt EQ. Quickly mix as you go and strike while the inspiration is flowing with the Tonelux Tilt EQ plug-in for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces. Developed by Softube, the Tilt EQ models the entire electronic path of the Tonelux Tilt hardware designed by the legendary Paul Wolff, giving you an accelerated workflow for broad-stroke EQ sculpting to dial-in your mixes — fast. More here
ASIO4ALL have announced version 2.11, the first major update to this ASIO software for 4 years.
On their web site they say;
“Combined 32/64 bit version, supports Win 98SE/ME/2k/XP/MCE/2003/XP64 and Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.x x86/x64 After more than 4 years, of course, this is a *major* update!”
Changes In ASIO4ALL 2.11
The long list of changes since version 2.10 are;
- Improvement: Make an attempt to reclaim an unavailable audio device, includes workaround for a (confirmed) Windows bug.
- Improvement: Add general fixed factor resampling capabilty
- Improvement: Latencies now displayed for the preferred buffer size, if host elects to violate the spec.
- Improvement: Support for single common sample rate that is *not* a multiple of 8 or 11.05
- Workaround: Realtek PULL mode not supported for “odd” ASIO buffer sizes. Symptom was a “Beyond Logic” error depending on ASIO buffer size.
- Fix: Potential application compatibilty issue regarding ASIO reset request message Fix: Increased latency in x64 mode
- Fix: Pull mode _and_ latency display now working
- Fix: ASR issue with MSVC 2013 x64 -> Performance impact with hosts compiled with MSVC 2013
- Fix: UI appearance with different system locale
- Fix: Hang with some x64 hosts Fix: Crash on exit of A4Apanel64.exe
- Fix: Minor memory leak
- Fix: All known 2.11 Beta(1,2) regressions fixed!
Blue Cat Audio’s PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host multiple VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.
PatchWork v1.3 can host Audio Units (AU) plug-ins too, with up to 64 plug-ins hosted in one instance of Patchwork.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format.
Check out our Show and Tell review of the previous version of PatchWork.
Don’t forget we are offering the Blue Cat Liny EQ on our Deals page this month too.
Mellowmuse, the company who gave Pro Tools users a life-line with their highly popular Auto Time Adjuster (ATA), has released free AAX (32- and 64-bit Native) and VST3 updates to the Mellowmuse Vintage Series of plug-ins for Mac OS X and Windows:
- CS1V Channel Warmer
- CP2V Vintage Compressor
- CP3V Vintage Compressor
- EQ2V Vintage Equalizer
- SATV Vintage Saturator
AAX and VST3 updates for Mellowmuse’s convolution reverb IR1A and the rest of the Mellowmuse range will follow. Registered owners can download the Mellowmuse AAX updates here
Universal Audio have announced the latest update to their UAD powered plug-in software UAD v7.7.
What’s New In UAD v7.7 Software
- Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology
- AAX 64 Windows 7 compatibility (click here for important information)
- Mac Thunderbolt PCIe audio drivers for Apollo & Apollo 16
- Apollo Twin compatibility with UAD-2 devices
- Apollo Console Input Labeling (“Scribble Strips”)
Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology
The newest addition to the UAD powered plug-in range is a the Neve 1073 pre-amp and plug-in, which now features a combined Neve 1073 pre-amp with EQ. For those using Apollo interfaces this plug-in is further enhanced by utilziing the Unison™ technology, this takes advanatge of Unison’s bi-directional control and communication from the 1073 plug-in to the digitally controlled mic preamps in the Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, and Apollo QUAD interfaces. With Unison, the Apollo preamp changes to the Neve 1073’s physical input impedance, allowing both “Lo” (300 Ω) and “Hi” (1200 Ω) impedance setting options. This provides the 1073’s full gain and tonal range to your favorite studio mics.
However, even those using the Neve 1073 as a UAD powered plug-in will find the warmth and character of the vintage desk transforming their mixes. A review of the UAD 1073 Collection will follow soon.
UAD AAX 64 Windows 7 Compatibility
The long awaited Windows AAX versions of UAD powered plug-ins is shipping - read more here
Other features with the Windows 7 release are;
- AudioSuite support (offline processing for audio clips)
- Offline bounce support (faster than realtime bounce to disk)
- Multi-mono support (adjust independent settings for multi-channel tracks)
Download UAD v7.7 Software
Existing UAD owners should visit the Universal Audio web site to download v7.7 software.