Welcome to Pro Tools Expert a huge community for users of Avid Pro Tools for both music and post production. With over 3 million visits a year, we’ve grown to be the place to come for training, resources, tips tricks and news. We offer advice for users of all versions of Pro Tools both current and legacy formats. We’re independent and are not affiliated with Avid or their associated companies.
Entries in update (41)
On Friday November 29, 2013, Exponential Audio’s new surround reverbs will be available for purchase in the Exponential Audio webstore. These powerful and flexible new plugins are already at work in a number of major facilities and it’s time to turn them loose.
- Phoenixverb Surround $359
- Phoenixverb Surround (upgrade form stereo version) $259
- R2 Surround $459
- R2 Surround (upgrade form stereo version) $349
- Phoenixverb & R2 Surround bundle $659
- Phoenixverb & R2 Surround bundle (upgrade form stereo bundle) $459
You can learn more about them right here, and you’ll be able to download and demo them for yourself as soon as they’re available.
Avid have just released Pro Tools 11.0.3 which appears to be a Mac only update to address OSX 10.9 Mavericks compatibility along with numerous other bug fixes. Full details along with a changelog detailing the specific bug fixes can be found here:
Music Tech have reached out to their user base with this apology and dedicated FAQ page to help frustrated users. They say….
As you’ve probably heard, the new AIR Instrument Expansion Pack is now available for purchase, and we’ve seen an overwhelming demand for these new instruments.
Unfortunately, due to that demand, our hosting partner, Digital River, has been challenged to provide the level of service that we, and you, would expect. As a result, some customers have experienced difficulties downloading the instruments successfully, and some customers are having issues redeeming upgrade codes for the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack.
If you’ve had either of these problems, we sincerely apologize for the confusion and, frankly, for the frustrating experience you’ve had. We’re committed to fixing this as quickly as possible, and your satisfaction is our priority.
We’re working diligently to make all of this right and to provide you with what we initially promised—world class virtual instruments at an affordable price.
To get you the answers you need as quickly as possible, we’ve set up an FAQ page. There you’ll find the best information on how to solve any issues you may have encountered with purchasing the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack.
Thank you for your business. We appreciate your patience and hope to empower you with these innovative instruments as soon as we can.
For help visit our FAQ page.
We are sorry but we cannot help individuals with problems, some of us are suffering too. But we do continue to feedback all your concerns to the AIR team and will continue to serve you the best way we can by bringing updates and information as soon as we have it.
Microsoft have today released the much anticipated 8.1 update of the Windows operating system.
“Much anticipated” mainly because with the update users can now boot straight to the desktop, plus the much loved start button is back.
It seems that many users could not get used to pressing their keyboards “start” key or finding apps by starting to type its name and just wanted things back the way they were used to with previous OS versions.
Well Microsoft listened and delivered, they have also, as expected included refinements and bug fixes to what already feels to me like the most solid and speedy version of the OS so far.
In podcast 86 we discussed some of the problems and issues some users have been having trying to buy, download and authorise the new Instrument Expansion Pack update from AIR Instruments. Just as we were about to record the show, Russ took a call from the CEO of Music Tech and Russ shared the contents of that conversation in the podcast. If you haven’t heard it we do recommend that you take a listen.
AIR explained to us that there are 2 main issues. Firstly some people aren’t getting the promo codes that users who bought the AIR IEP from Avid and AIR are trying to get to the bottom of this working with Avid but it seems as if some data hasn’t made the transition from Avid to AIR and they are trying to resolve this.
Avid Series Owners note that Avid have released an update for Eucon 3. This is what Avid say about the update…
Software installer that provides various stability fixes as well as more reliable DAW connection on start up. EUCON 3.0.1 also provides improved operation with removing and hiding tracks.
Test it out and see how it performs for you. Does it resolve any of your issues? Thanks to Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant for lifting this one above the noise. There is a thread on the DUC and Avid are asking for feedback from Artist Series users who are having trouble.
Avid have released Pro Tools v11.0.2 and it brings back the Digidesign Time Compression & Expansion algorithm which so many post and dialog editors were missing, as well as support for X-Form, and the Aphex Aural Exiter and Big Bottom plug-ins which are both ‘paid for’ Avid plug-ins.
- Pro Tools 11.0.2 includes the TCE (Time Compression Expansion) plug-in.
- Pro Tools 11.0.2 is required for the newly released Avid plug-ins: Aphex Aural Exciter & Big Bottom and X-Form.
Although Sonnox haven’t offically announced it yet, if you go into your download area using the link you were sent when the plug-in was authorised then you will find AAX 64 bit versions ready for use with Pro Tools 11 of all the plug-ins that are already AAX 32 bit.
- Transient Modulator
They like to do release the final versions quietly as a final check that there aren’t any issues that haven’t been picked up in testing. We will bring you the full story as soon as we have it. But in the meantime you can download them and start working with Sonnox in Pro Tools 11. Once RX3 is out then I am completely good to go on Pro Tools 11 with all my favourite plug-ins.
Synchro Arts VocAlign users who upgraded to Pro Tools 10.3.7 found that when they tried to open an AudioSuite instance of VocAlign it caused Pro Toosl 10.3.7 to crash. Thanks to Matt Butler letting us know that Synchro Arts have got straight on the case and released an update to fix this snag.
Avid have just released Pro Tools 10.3.7 (Downloadable here) which includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- The Pro Tools application icon has been modified to allow easier identification of Pro Tools 10.3.7 in a co-install configuration.
- Pro Tools 10 now has a Satellite protocol option that allows forward compatibility with Pro Tools 11.
NOTE: All systems in a Satellite configuration must use the same version of the Satellite protocol.
The admin system must be a Pro Tools 11 system.
- Avid Audio Engine performance has been improved for HDX, HD Native and HD Native Thunderbolt. (Mac OS X 10.8.4 or higher required).
- Session save times have been improved. (PTSW-185060)
- Destructive Punch now records properly after recording to the end of file. (PTSW-177550)
- Crashes associated with the use of RME HDSPe MADI, HDSP PCIe and UAD Apollo interfaces have been resolved. (PTSW-164626, PTSW-182520, PTSW-182588)
- Scroll wheel functions properly for a variety of numeric entry fields in Pro Tools: Video Offset, Preferences, Click/Countoff Options, Event Operations (PTSW-134626, PTSW-134632, PTSW-134634, PTSW-134636.)
- In the Bounce dialog, “Enforce Avid Compatibility’ has been changed to “Enforce Media Composer Compatibility” to better reflect the intended use of this option. (PTSW-181436)
It may have slipped through the net with all the noise about Pro Tools 11 but Avid has also released EuControl Version 3.0 software, this is what they say..
EuControl Version 3.0 software is a free download that offers significant speed, performance, and reliability enhancements to Artist Series control surfaces, and supports Pro Tools 11, the company’s industry-leading digital audio workstation. EuControl 3.0 offers deep, tactile control over various audio and video software using Avid’s EUCON (Extended User Control) high-speed open control protocol, to speed up editing and mixing tasks. EUCON has been adopted by many of the world’s leading software developers.
In the notes on the Avid site for the Eucon 3 update they say…
The software installer that provides significant updates to EUCON architecture to deliver enhanced speed, performance, and reliability. EUCON 3 is required to use Artist Series controllers with Pro Tools® 11, and is backwards-compatible with all supporting EUCON applications except Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro.
They add to the Windows installer…
Note: EUCON Discovery is no longer used and will no longer exist in the Windows Task Tray. You can select the desired Network Port to be used for EUCON in Control Panel > EUCON using the drop down menu at the bottom. After selecting a new Network Port you must restart your system. Refer to the included Readme for more info.
I had high hopes for Eucon 3 but it seems to not have done very much, certainly on the surface where the user can see. For a lot of plug-ins, the mapping is still all over the place however it does seem to be a fixable problem. I was very pleased to see that the controller mapping for Exponential Audio’s reverbs is excellent with the controls sensibly grouped together, so it can be done, but other plug-ins frankly are so bad they are unusable on my Artist Control. Also we have reports that Banking is a mess too, so much more to be done here Avid.
Apple have announced Logic X after nearly a 4-year wait since their last version, Logic 9, was released. Logic X is available from the Apple App Store only for $199.00. New features include:
- New interface design
- Track stacks
- Smart controls
- Flex Pitch
- New guitar, bass and MIDI plug-ins
- FREE Logic remote for iPad
You can find out more about it here
Early reactions have ranged from ecstasy about Logic X to some fans wondering if Apple have really addressed some long-term workflow issues or simply thrown more candy into the pot? We’ve had mixed feelings expressed by users about Pro Tools 11. Now Apple have shown their hand - have they done enough for you to make a move to Logic? Does Logic X complement your Pro Tools set-up? Or are you are Pro Tools diehard? Take our poll and let us know in the comments.
Bug fixes in the latest plug-in versions:
- Fixed a bug that could cause typed parameter values to be rounded incorrectly, e.g. when double-clicking to enter a frequency value in FabFilter Pro-Q.
- Fixed a bug in all AAX plug-ins: after deactivating a bypassed plug-in in Pro Tools, the state of the bypass parameter would not be restored correctly on reactivation.
- Fixed a bug in the AAX version of FabFilter Twin 2 that caused the external side chain input not to work in Pro Tools.
The updated plug-ins are fully compatible with previous versions, and free for existing FabFilter customers. The latest versions and 30-day trials are available for download.
In addition, FabFilter announced a Summer Sale running until August 1, offering 25% discount on all plug-in bundles in the online FabFilter shop.
The team at PSP, Antoni Ozynski & Mateusz Wozniak from sunny Warsaw have sent out an email to their user base announcing the release of the first seven plug-ins in the AAX 64 bit format for Pro Tools 11. Thanks to Ned Ward for letting us know. PSP said….
We are happy to inform you that we have just added support for the new Avid AAX 64bit plug-in format to all our effects plugins (PSP 42, PSP 85, PSP 608 MD, PSP Echo, PSP N2O, PSP PianoVerb2 and PSP SpringBox). This is a FREE upgrade for current users. Nothing else changes (even version number of the product) so if you are NOT ProTools 11 user on MAC OSX do nothing. If you are using ProTools 11 download from your account at our user area current installers and install our effects in AAX format.
PS Currently we are working on porting our processors plug-ins to AAX 64-bit plug-in format. I hope we will release them before end of this week.
This is really good news and shows another smail software developer can deliver the goods.
Today, Avid released a Pro Tools 11.0.1 update for registered owners of Pro Tools 11.
The update addresses some minor post-ship issues and fixes detailed in the readme files:
The ReVibe II plug-in is now available with support for Pro Tools 11.0.1 (and higher) and Pro Tools 10.3.6
- Pro Tools now receives MIDI input on Windows 8 when logged in with a non-administrator account.
- Touching a VCA Master while in automation write or latch no longer causes all members of the group to become audible (when volumes are set to –INF dB). Also, signal is no longer incorrectly sent to the VCA tracks’ corresponding sends.
- When using ASIO applications with the Avid ASIO Driver with HDX or HD Native hardware, audio will not distort.
- With the JL Cooper Surround Panner declared, Pro Tools will not quit unexpectedly when using the Shift Key for various commands.
- The ReVibe II plug-in is now available with support for Pro Tools 11.0.1 (and higher) and Pro Tools 10.3.6
- Certain third-party plug-ins no longer cause your computer to hang when quitting Pro Tools
Registered owners of Pro Tools 11 can find the installers, HD Drivers, etc., in the “Your Products” section of their Avid Account.
Full details are available on the Pro Tools 11.0.1 update page of the Avid website
We are regularly updating our post on AAX Plug-ins that are working so far in Pro Tools 11. We have also updated the AAX Database to include information on AAX 64-bit plug-ins.
Please note that using Avid’s own plug-in page on their site can yield incorrect results when choosing AAX 64-bit Native, so please take care.
The team have been working flat out improving the quality of service for iLok users and they have asked us to post this update…
All operations should be faster. Sync/repair may take a few minutes still, longer with iLoks with over a hundred licenses.
Sync repair is NOT needed ongoing. Just one successful sync repair should do the trick.
iLok License Manager errors that should all be gone
- Unable to Sign In (you may have to wait a little bit)
- Internet connection unavailable
- An unknown error occurred
- An unexpected error occurred
- An unexpected authorization error occurred
- License not found on server
- Cannot activate to this location (only when you really cannot).
- Session you were using is no longer valid
The Sync Repair Operation will fix the following types of issues:
- Protected software no longer functions or DAW doesn’t see iLok
- Licenses missing from iLok or User account
- Licenses converted to “Temporary”
- Unable to synchronize iLok or fails to complete
- Synchronize removes valid licenses from iLok
- Unable to activate and deactivate licenses
- Unable to transfer license to another user
- Transferred license fails with multiple authorizations error
- Expired Trial/Demo licenses cannot be deactivated/removed from iLok
- Note: Sync/Repair now automatically deactivates expired auths from the iLok back to the account. This is an interim fix to get rid of expired licenses that can get in the way of a real one on the same iLok2 when using Interlok-based software. It may cause some confusion, “Where did it go?” or “I had 50, why are there only 46 now?” We are not done fixing this but it will help.
- Locked Group (Bundle) seem to split across iLoks
There are a few users that are in what iLok call a ‘mid state’ and they are working hard to get those users back to normal.
It does look at if they are finally getting things working properly. We are hearing from users that things are much faster and licenses are ‘coming back’.
If you haven’t yet downloaded and used the iLok Manager if you have some downtime coming you might want to consider using it. But again if you are in the middle of mission critical work then our advice is wait until you have a break.
The iLok Team have been working flat out trying to resolve the issues that some users have been having and have released the following updated advice…
Sync/Repair has been updated
June 15, 2013 02:53 PST
Traffic volume continues to be high and some users are reporting that they cannot connect. Please be patient and if you get an error message, please wait awhile and try your operation again. We are working to improve performance levels.
June 15, 2013 00:40 PST
If some of your authorizations (licenses) show as being on your iLok but are not authorizing the software, or if some of your authorizations appear to be missing, this may be caused by a mismatch between the data on your iLok and on our server. This data issue was related to a complex data migration of tens of millions of licenses delivered to users via many different methods, and has been resolved. Please know that your licenses have not been permanently damaged or removed from your iLok in any way; all of your non-expiring authorizations are still on your iLok and they have not expired.
We now have steps for you to follow to correct the license information and restore your authorizations to their proper state.
IMPORTANT: For the quickest and best result, we recommend going through these steps with each iLok individually, with ONLY that iLok plugged in.
The first generation iLok is not as speedy as the second generation iLok; please be patient as this type of iLok will take longer and the process may seem slow or like nothing is happening. Don’t quit the process, leave it alone until it is finished. Seriously! Don’t touch the keyboard.
- Unplug all iLoks from your computer.
- Launch iLok License Manager. If you see “operation in progress” immediately upon launching, wait until the message clears before signing in. BE PATIENT. Do not close the application. When the initial operation is finished, sign in.
- Plug in ONE iLok.
- Double-click the plugged in iLok in the left-hand location column to open the Details Pane.
- Click the “Sync/Repair” link, and wait until the process completes. Again, be patient and let it do its job. The progress bar may flicker and at some points it may look like nothing is happening but you need to wait for the confirmation that the process is finished. This may take some time, especially for a first generation iLok.
- Verify that all expected licenses are now seen on your iLok, or in some cases, a license may be in your account instead of on the iLok.
Repeat steps 3-6 until you have performed a Sync/Repair on each iLok.
We realize that this may have led to an interruption in your ability to work and we are very sorry for any inconvenience we have inadvertently caused. Our engineering team is continuing to work on improving our products and services. Many users are now reporting much better performance and we are striving to continue this trend. As we may have said to you before, we truly appreciate your patience with us through this major release.
I have been one of these affected users and I cannot stress enough the need to be patient. Unfortunately the progress bar can be misleading and it can appear that nothing is happening. Please resist all attempts to ‘help’ it along’, it won’t help, it will just make things worse. This includes, when you start up the License Manager waiting before it will let you sign in, that can take some time, and by that I mean several minutes so please, please be patient. The Sync/Repair process can take 5 minutes especially if you have a lot of licenses on your iLok but again please be patient and wait fro it to complete. The good news is that it does work and it may take you a little while to get each iLok resolved but it will resolve it. I was working with the iLok team at 1:30am for them and they were still hard at it.
Previously on West Wing, oh sorry I mean, Previously on Gobbler, some of the paid plans, had a limit on how much data you could use Gobbler to share with clients and collaborator using the ‘Send To’ feature in Gobbler and Pro Tools from 10.3.3 upwards. Well this hasn’t been the most popular feature on the Gobbler platform and so they have responded to the criticism and abolished the transfer quotas. This is what they have said…
You voiced your strong dislike for transfer quotas, and now they’re gone. Starting today, all paid plans will include unlimited transfers. Send files to your hearts content and stop worrying about limits. If you already have a paid plan, you will be automatically upgraded over the next few of weeks. And please, no more emails asking how much quota you have left (hint: the answer is infinity :-).
This means even with the basic 20GB account on Gobbler you can transfer large projects with your collaborators, or send loads of approval mixes to clients all using the Send To feature in Gobbler or Pro Tools. As long as what you store, by backing up to Gobbler, doesn’t exceed your plan size then there will now no longer be any surprises.
If this was holding you back, then you might want to sign up to Gobbler now and make use of this unlimited transfer service.
Lots of exciting stuff is happening behind the scenes. We’re currently in fully functional private beta with developers for the PluginUpdate Store. While they get acquainted and start setting up their products, we’re hard at work on the Windows version of PluginUpdate.
Full speed ahead…
PluginUpdate Lead Developer / Engineer
I recently used PlugInUpdate to check my system and it was brilliant and reported a number of my plug-ins that needed an update and after a couple of trips to developers web sites and I was done.
It would be really nice if I could click on the entry in the PlugInUpdate window to get the latest version so Shane I hope this is on your list of things to do with the app.