Entries in update (62)
Avid have announced Pro Tools 11.2.1 for Mac and Windows.
A highlight for many Pro Tools users will be the long overdue bug fix for delay compensation especially when using multiple outputs on virtual instruments.
All the bug fixes in Pro Tools 11.2.1 are shown below.
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2.1
- When using the Import Session Data command, Pro Tools no longer incorrectly copies audio files when “Clips and Media” is not selected in the “Track Data to Import” menu. (PTSW-194293)
- You can now enter a new time position in the Transport Counter during playback. (PTSW-195388)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly when creating sessions from templates or importing or rendering audio from an ISIS workspace. (PTSW-195338)
- You can now nudge MIDI notes after they have been marquee-selected using the Grabber tool. (PTSW-195626)
- Pro Tools no longer stops working when you play back a session, and then reactivate an inactive track that contains a send. (PTSW-195172)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly after selecting “Expand Channels to New Tracks (by match Criteria).” (PTSW-192725)
- Plug-in delay compensation now works correctly. (PTSW-195299)
- When routing multiple outputs from a virtual instrument on an Instrument track to multiple Auxiliary Input tracks, the destination Aux tracks are now correctly delay-compensated and remain time-aligned. (PTSW-188341, PTSW-190873)
- It is now possible to view automation lanes of plug-in parameter whose names contain more than 31 characters. (PTSW-195113) Audio waveforms are now correctly updated when waveform view is fully zoomed out. (PTSW-195086)
- The “Trim Clip to File Boundaries” command now affects only selected clips. (PTSW-193874)
- Parameter values in AAX plug-ins are now displaying correctly on control surfaces. (PTSW-195073)
- Master Fader track metering on HDX systems now works correctly. (PTSW-194044)
- If “Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled” is selected, recalling settings of a multi-mono plug-in now consistently recalls the playlist values for those controls. (PTSW-194043)
Waves have updated their StudioRack Native installer to fix a install issue that meant some Pro Tools users were unable to install it.
In an email to customers they say “We have uploaded a new SoundGrid & Native Applications V9r2 installer which solves these difficulties. We apologize for the inconvenience.”
You can see the review video posted on this site earlier today.
The download can be found in Waves accounts.
Universal Audio have announced UAD v7.8 Software which includes the long awaited release of Thermionic Culture Vulture Plug-In, along with Valley People Dyna-mite Plug-in and Tonelux Tilt EQ Plug-In.
Along with the new plug-ins UAD v7.8 software offers Session compatibility between Mac/Windows with Pro Tools 11.2
Download UAD v7.8 Software
You can download the latest version of the UAD software for both Mac and PC from Universal Audio here
Thermionic Culture Vulture
The Thermionic Culture Vulture is a legendary, studio-grade, high-gain valve unit that provides a palette of vivid distortion colors — from sublime thickening textures to demonic growls of perverted mayhem, thanks to its three distinct all-valve circuit topologies. More here
Valley People Dyna-mite Plug-In
From our friends at Softube - long considered a “secret weapon” by top engineers and producers, the Valley People Dyna-mite limiter/gate/expander is a legendary creative tool capable of extreme, yet musical, effects on a variety of sound sources. Designed in conjunction with Softube, the Dyna-mite plug-in is a dead-on emulation of this classic — even enigmatic — dynamics processor for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces. More here
Tonelux Tilt EQ Plug-In
Another from Softube and a favourite of some of the Pro Tools Expert team is the Tonelux Tilt EQ. Quickly mix as you go and strike while the inspiration is flowing with the Tonelux Tilt EQ plug-in for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces. Developed by Softube, the Tilt EQ models the entire electronic path of the Tonelux Tilt hardware designed by the legendary Paul Wolff, giving you an accelerated workflow for broad-stroke EQ sculpting to dial-in your mixes — fast. More here
ASIO4ALL have announced version 2.11, the first major update to this ASIO software for 4 years.
On their web site they say;
“Combined 32/64 bit version, supports Win 98SE/ME/2k/XP/MCE/2003/XP64 and Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8.x x86/x64 After more than 4 years, of course, this is a *major* update!”
Changes In ASIO4ALL 2.11
The long list of changes since version 2.10 are;
- Improvement: Make an attempt to reclaim an unavailable audio device, includes workaround for a (confirmed) Windows bug.
- Improvement: Add general fixed factor resampling capabilty
- Improvement: Latencies now displayed for the preferred buffer size, if host elects to violate the spec.
- Improvement: Support for single common sample rate that is *not* a multiple of 8 or 11.05
- Workaround: Realtek PULL mode not supported for “odd” ASIO buffer sizes. Symptom was a “Beyond Logic” error depending on ASIO buffer size.
- Fix: Potential application compatibilty issue regarding ASIO reset request message Fix: Increased latency in x64 mode
- Fix: Pull mode _and_ latency display now working
- Fix: ASR issue with MSVC 2013 x64 -> Performance impact with hosts compiled with MSVC 2013
- Fix: UI appearance with different system locale
- Fix: Hang with some x64 hosts Fix: Crash on exit of A4Apanel64.exe
- Fix: Minor memory leak
- Fix: All known 2.11 Beta(1,2) regressions fixed!
Blue Cat Audio’s PatchWork is a universal plug-ins patchbay that can host multiple VST plug-ins into any Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) in one instance.
PatchWork v1.3 can host Audio Units (AU) plug-ins too, with up to 64 plug-ins hosted in one instance of Patchwork.
It is possible to chain effects in series or create up to 8 parallel chains that can be activated independently. This lets you create your favorite effects or instruments configurations within the plug-in, without the need for multiple busses. These configurations can be saved as presets and recalled instantly, or shared with multiple DAWs, using any plug-in format.
Check out our Show and Tell review of the previous version of PatchWork.
Don’t forget we are offering the Blue Cat Liny EQ on our Deals page this month too.
Mellowmuse, the company who gave Pro Tools users a life-line with their highly popular Auto Time Adjuster (ATA), has released free AAX (32- and 64-bit Native) and VST3 updates to the Mellowmuse Vintage Series of plug-ins for Mac OS X and Windows:
- CS1V Channel Warmer
- CP2V Vintage Compressor
- CP3V Vintage Compressor
- EQ2V Vintage Equalizer
- SATV Vintage Saturator
AAX and VST3 updates for Mellowmuse’s convolution reverb IR1A and the rest of the Mellowmuse range will follow. Registered owners can download the Mellowmuse AAX updates here
Universal Audio have announced the latest update to their UAD powered plug-in software UAD v7.7.
What’s New In UAD v7.7 Software
- Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology
- AAX 64 Windows 7 compatibility (click here for important information)
- Mac Thunderbolt PCIe audio drivers for Apollo & Apollo 16
- Apollo Twin compatibility with UAD-2 devices
- Apollo Console Input Labeling (“Scribble Strips”)
Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology
The newest addition to the UAD powered plug-in range is a the Neve 1073 pre-amp and plug-in, which now features a combined Neve 1073 pre-amp with EQ. For those using Apollo interfaces this plug-in is further enhanced by utilziing the Unison™ technology, this takes advanatge of Unison’s bi-directional control and communication from the 1073 plug-in to the digitally controlled mic preamps in the Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, and Apollo QUAD interfaces. With Unison, the Apollo preamp changes to the Neve 1073’s physical input impedance, allowing both “Lo” (300 Ω) and “Hi” (1200 Ω) impedance setting options. This provides the 1073’s full gain and tonal range to your favorite studio mics.
However, even those using the Neve 1073 as a UAD powered plug-in will find the warmth and character of the vintage desk transforming their mixes. A review of the UAD 1073 Collection will follow soon.
UAD AAX 64 Windows 7 Compatibility
The long awaited Windows AAX versions of UAD powered plug-ins is shipping - read more here
Other features with the Windows 7 release are;
- AudioSuite support (offline processing for audio clips)
- Offline bounce support (faster than realtime bounce to disk)
- Multi-mono support (adjust independent settings for multi-channel tracks)
Download UAD v7.7 Software
Existing UAD owners should visit the Universal Audio web site to download v7.7 software.
Avid is advising customers that some of its products are affected by the Heartbleed bug in an Avid Knowledgebase article posted May 1st 2015.
In the article Avid states;
“Avid is actively responding to a vulnerability in the OpenSSL cryptographic library, commonly known as “Heartbleed” (CVE-2014-0160). This FAQ describes how Heartbleed affects Avid customers and the actions we’re taking to protect our customer’s products and data.”
Avid Products Affected By The Heartbleed Bug
They go on to outline which products have vulnerabilties;
- Pro Tools 11.1.2 and 10.3.8 - Login credentials used with SoundCloud and Gobbler from within the Pro Tools application are vulnerable (note that license activation using iLok License Manager or activating within Pro Tools 11 is not affected). This will be addressed in future updates. Pro Tools users will be notified of available updates automatically via the SoftwareUpdater and the Pro Tools Patch Updates page (go to that page and click Subscribe to be notified when that page is updated). UPDATE 5/1/2014: Pro Tools 10.3.9 and 11.1.3 have been released to address this.
- ISIS Management Console - Login credentials used to access ISIS administration utility are affected. The ISIS administration utility is generally not accessible outside of a customer firewall, thus the exposure to the Heartbleed bug is minimal for most users. This vulnerability will be addressed in a future update. Please check this page for further updates.
- iNEWS - Login credentials to iNEWS server and client applications are affected. All users should update the RedHat 6.5 OS version with the hotfix available here. Please contact Avid’s Customer Success team if assistance is needed to perform this update.”
Avid Web Services Affected By The Heartbleed Bug
Most Avid web services remained unharmed except for https:/transfer.avid.com
Updated on Friday, May 2, 2014 at 2:02PM by Neil Hester
Avid have announced Pro Tools 11.1.3 an update for exisitng Pro Tools 11 owners.
There’s a lot of issues resolved in the latest release, we’ve listed them all below.
We’ve been reporting a lot about video issues in Pro Tools 11, so it is good to see a long list of resolved issues for video.
For a full list of the issues resolved read on.
Native Instruments have announced version 2.1 software for Maschine, offering a host of new features, these include;
- New Grit Kick and Shaker in the Drum Synth.
- Sounds accessible on pads on sample recording screen
- A batch function to set all sounds in a group to the same MIDI channel. MIDI export available on the Group and Sound levels
- Undocked NI plug-in windows can be pinned to remain active when not in focus
- Scenes can be selected/triggered via MIDI input when MASCHINE is running standalone
- Mix page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE MK2 controllers has been expanded and now provides access to level and pan settings for groups and sounds
- A setting that only turns the metronome on when the Record button is enabled
- Real time group erase function.
- Shift functions allow fast scroll browsing.
- Play quantize option –notes played live on the pads are quantized in real time
- Control software views from the navigate page on MASCHINE and MASCHINE STUDIO controllers
- Instantiating the first plug-in on an empty sound updates the name of that sound to the plug-in name
- Sound, group volume & pan knobs are only displayed on hover
- ALT+Drag for copy-pasting single elements (patterns, scenes, plug-ins) in the Groups / Sounds lists and the plug-in chain
- Browser performance improvements
- Numerous bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements
There’s a ton more of stuff too, so check out the NI web site for the whole shooting match.
Even better it is free to existing users.
More on the Maschine 2.1 software here.