Entries in pro tools 11 (278)
Here is a very interesting offer from Absolute Music for a great deal on Pro Tools 11 with Waves Tune LT.
The deal is already super low £299 inc VAT, but Absolute Music are offering the Pro Tools Expert community a further £50 off making it just £249 inc VAT. There’s a small charge for shipping which you can see before committing to purchase and worldwide shipping is also available.
This clever Pro Tools 11 deal is supplied as Pro Tools Express, includes an iLok2 together with a crossgrade to the full version of Pro Tools 11 Vanilla, plus Waves Tune LT pitch manipulation software.
Click here to find out more
Yosemite Users, Don’t Do It!
Avid have announced the latest update for Pro Tools 11. However, disappointingly it doesn’t include support for Apple’s current OS - Yosemite. Avid tell us that Pro Tools 11.2.2 does support Mac OS X 10.9, 10.9.1, 10.9.2, 10.9.3, 10.9.4 (Mavericks) and Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).
On Windows, Pro Tools 11.2.2 supports Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 and Windows 7 SP1
Avid S6 Users, Don’t Do it!
Avid also say that S6 owners should not update to Pro Tools 11.2.2 at this time.
HD Users - New HD Drivers & HDX Firmware
Pro Tools HDX and HD Native users, be sure to install the 11.2.2 HD drivers. The HD drivers may be found in the Driver Installers folder included in the 11.2.2 download.
Pro Tools 11.2.2 requires a firmware update for HDX card. The firmware update will take place during Pro Tools launch after you have updated. Avid tell us that the firmware update has been tested for backwards compatibility with Pro Tools 10.3.6 and later.
New Versions Of Revibe, Space & X-Form
If you are upgrading to 11.2.2 and you own ReVibe, Space and X-Form you should update to the 11.2.2 versions of thes plug-ins which should be available from the respective plug-in pages on the Avid site or in you Avid Acoount.
Wait Until You have Downtime Before You Upgrade
As we always say, if you are in the middle of a project, consider very carefully whether you should run any upgrades. We recommend you wait for some downtime so that if there are any issues you have time to fix them or go back to the previous version.
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2.2
- In certain mixer configurations, virtual instruments on Auxiliary Input or Instrument tracks that are configured to receive MIDI from standalone MIDI tracks are now correctly time-aligned in offline bounces. (PTSW-195783)
We’ve got the lastest Macbook Pro Retina 15” at Pro Tools Expert HQ so we thought we’d take it for a spin to see how it handles Pro Tools 11. This is the ‘stuck on a plane or in a hotel room’ test, just the Macbook Pro, internal soundcard and internal drive, it’s just you, your Mac, an iLok, headphones and a USB micro keyboard.
Is it just fit for a few demo tracks or can you get some real work done… find out below.
The results of out latest Pro Tools users poll are in, in which Pro Tools owners were asked to tell us their upgrade plans in light of the recent announcement from Avid about the new Pro Tools 11 licensing.
A poll was conducted before Avid confirmed the final details and after the same poll was conducted again. The latest results of the 1500 people polled show the number intending to upgrade beyond Pro Tools 11 dropping from half to one third. It seems that the facts only made Pro Tools users less convinced of the new Pro Tools licensing.
The results are shown below. Discuss.
Following all the uncertainly of the support plans and what would be included, or not included, Avid have today released the upgrade plans. In addition they have announced at there will be a package to be able to buy Pro Tools 11 software with standard support coming soon.
Upgrade or Crossgrade to Pro Tools 11
For $199 per year you can upgrade to Pro Tools 11 with 1 year of Avid Standard Support from any of the following versions of Pro Tools…
- Pro Tools 11 - to get the benefits of the support plan
- Pro Tools 9 or 10
- Any version of Pro Tools Express either from Avid or InMusic
- Any version of Pro Tools LE
- Pro Tools M-Powered 6 to 8
- Pro Tools MP 9
Please note if you own Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, and Pro Tools M-Powered/MP you must complete the upgrade before December 31st 2014. After that the only way to get Pro Tools 11 will be to buy a full version.
Upgrade to Pro Tools 11HD
For $599 per year you can upgrade to Pro Tools 11HD with 1 year of Avid Advanced Support from any of the follwing versions of Pro Tools…
- Pro Tools 11HD - to get the benefits of the support plan
- Pro Tools 9HD or 10HD
- Pro Tools 9 or 10 with Complete Production Toolkit (CPTK)
If you place your upgrade order for Pro Tools 11 or Pro Tools 11HD before December 31st 2014 Avid will extend your support plan through to March 31st 2016.
Avid are claiming that these prices offer savings of up to 60% over previous upgrade pricing and include a support plan as well.
Slate Batch Commander Pro Tools Enhancement Software Now Available To Buy Separately As Software For Mac
When Pro Tools users saw the Slate Batch Command software for Raven many of us thought, love that software but do I have to buy the Slate Raven to get it? Not anymore, from today Slate has released it in software form for Mac. It seems it is possible to get powerful Pro Tools features without having to buy hardware you either don’t need or can’t afford.
The Slate Batch Commander software for Pro Tools enables complex and often laborious tasks to be automated. They explain;
We have been able to track down a limited number of Pro Tools 11HD software activation codes for $1350 each from a 3rd party trusted source.
Click here for more information and to buy. But don’t delay, there aren’t many and when they are gone they are gone.
Sorry folks, but this offer of Pro Tools 11HD Activation codes is over as there are none left.
Sonivox have announced that their products are now AAX 64 bit and now Pro Tools 11 compatible.
- AU 32/64-bit.
- VST 32/64-bit.
- AAX 64-bit.
- Stand Alone 32-bit.
Updated Sonivox Products:
- Twist 2.2 Spectral Morphing Synthesizer.
- Wobble 2.2 Dubstep Grime Generator.
- Vocalizer Pro 1.2 Vocoder Musical Instrument.
- Big Bang Universal Drums 2.2 Flagship Drum Instrument.
- Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.2 Cinematic Percussion Instrument.
- Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.2 Flagship Piano with Splits & Layers.
- Playa 1.4 Flagship Hip Hop Instrument.
- Playa Aggro Electro Boom 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop / Urban Instrument.
- Playa Strings 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop Strings Instrument.
Version 2.0 owners (or Vocalizer Pro/Playa Series Version 1.0) are entitled to a free update. Current owners of earlier versions can purchase an upgrade.
Avid have announced Pro Tools 11.2.1 for Mac and Windows.
A highlight for many Pro Tools users will be the long overdue bug fix for delay compensation especially when using multiple outputs on virtual instruments.
All the bug fixes in Pro Tools 11.2.1 are shown below.
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2.1
- When using the Import Session Data command, Pro Tools no longer incorrectly copies audio files when “Clips and Media” is not selected in the “Track Data to Import” menu. (PTSW-194293)
- You can now enter a new time position in the Transport Counter during playback. (PTSW-195388)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly when creating sessions from templates or importing or rendering audio from an ISIS workspace. (PTSW-195338)
- You can now nudge MIDI notes after they have been marquee-selected using the Grabber tool. (PTSW-195626)
- Pro Tools no longer stops working when you play back a session, and then reactivate an inactive track that contains a send. (PTSW-195172)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly after selecting “Expand Channels to New Tracks (by match Criteria).” (PTSW-192725)
- Plug-in delay compensation now works correctly. (PTSW-195299)
- When routing multiple outputs from a virtual instrument on an Instrument track to multiple Auxiliary Input tracks, the destination Aux tracks are now correctly delay-compensated and remain time-aligned. (PTSW-188341, PTSW-190873)
- It is now possible to view automation lanes of plug-in parameter whose names contain more than 31 characters. (PTSW-195113) Audio waveforms are now correctly updated when waveform view is fully zoomed out. (PTSW-195086)
- The “Trim Clip to File Boundaries” command now affects only selected clips. (PTSW-193874)
- Parameter values in AAX plug-ins are now displaying correctly on control surfaces. (PTSW-195073)
- Master Fader track metering on HDX systems now works correctly. (PTSW-194044)
- If “Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled” is selected, recalling settings of a multi-mono plug-in now consistently recalls the playlist values for those controls. (PTSW-194043)
The team at Massey Plug-ins have been in touch to tell us that their THC and De:Esser plug-ins are now available AAX Native. THC now includes a wet/dry control to make it even more versatile.
You can try any Massey plug-ins by going to the Massey Try page on their site however if you are an existing owner of Massy plug-ins you will need to go to the Massey Buy page as it is $30 to buy the upgrade package.