Entries in pro tools 11 (273)
Slate Batch Commander Pro Tools Enhancement Software Now Available To Buy Separately As Software For Mac
When Pro Tools users saw the Slate Batch Command software for Raven many of us thought, love that software but do I have to buy the Slate Raven to get it? Not anymore, from today Slate has released it in software form for Mac. It seems it is possible to get powerful Pro Tools features without having to buy hardware you either don’t need or can’t afford.
The Slate Batch Commander software for Pro Tools enables complex and often laborious tasks to be automated. They explain;
We have been able to track down a limited number of Pro Tools 11HD software activation codes for $1350 each from a 3rd party trusted source.
Click here for more information and to buy. But don’t delay, there aren’t many and when they are gone they are gone.
Sorry folks, but this offer of Pro Tools 11HD Activation codes is over as there are none left.
Sonivox have announced that their products are now AAX 64 bit and now Pro Tools 11 compatible.
- AU 32/64-bit.
- VST 32/64-bit.
- AAX 64-bit.
- Stand Alone 32-bit.
Updated Sonivox Products:
- Twist 2.2 Spectral Morphing Synthesizer.
- Wobble 2.2 Dubstep Grime Generator.
- Vocalizer Pro 1.2 Vocoder Musical Instrument.
- Big Bang Universal Drums 2.2 Flagship Drum Instrument.
- Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.2 Cinematic Percussion Instrument.
- Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.2 Flagship Piano with Splits & Layers.
- Playa 1.4 Flagship Hip Hop Instrument.
- Playa Aggro Electro Boom 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop / Urban Instrument.
- Playa Strings 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop Strings Instrument.
Version 2.0 owners (or Vocalizer Pro/Playa Series Version 1.0) are entitled to a free update. Current owners of earlier versions can purchase an upgrade.
Avid have announced Pro Tools 11.2.1 for Mac and Windows.
A highlight for many Pro Tools users will be the long overdue bug fix for delay compensation especially when using multiple outputs on virtual instruments.
All the bug fixes in Pro Tools 11.2.1 are shown below.
Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2.1
- When using the Import Session Data command, Pro Tools no longer incorrectly copies audio files when “Clips and Media” is not selected in the “Track Data to Import” menu. (PTSW-194293)
- You can now enter a new time position in the Transport Counter during playback. (PTSW-195388)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly when creating sessions from templates or importing or rendering audio from an ISIS workspace. (PTSW-195338)
- You can now nudge MIDI notes after they have been marquee-selected using the Grabber tool. (PTSW-195626)
- Pro Tools no longer stops working when you play back a session, and then reactivate an inactive track that contains a send. (PTSW-195172)
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly after selecting “Expand Channels to New Tracks (by match Criteria).” (PTSW-192725)
- Plug-in delay compensation now works correctly. (PTSW-195299)
- When routing multiple outputs from a virtual instrument on an Instrument track to multiple Auxiliary Input tracks, the destination Aux tracks are now correctly delay-compensated and remain time-aligned. (PTSW-188341, PTSW-190873)
- It is now possible to view automation lanes of plug-in parameter whose names contain more than 31 characters. (PTSW-195113) Audio waveforms are now correctly updated when waveform view is fully zoomed out. (PTSW-195086)
- The “Trim Clip to File Boundaries” command now affects only selected clips. (PTSW-193874)
- Parameter values in AAX plug-ins are now displaying correctly on control surfaces. (PTSW-195073)
- Master Fader track metering on HDX systems now works correctly. (PTSW-194044)
- If “Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled” is selected, recalling settings of a multi-mono plug-in now consistently recalls the playlist values for those controls. (PTSW-194043)
The team at Massey Plug-ins have been in touch to tell us that their THC and De:Esser plug-ins are now available AAX Native. THC now includes a wet/dry control to make it even more versatile.
You can try any Massey plug-ins by going to the Massey Try page on their site however if you are an existing owner of Massy plug-ins you will need to go to the Massey Buy page as it is $30 to buy the upgrade package.
The BBE Sonic Sweet bundle has been one of the plug-in bundles that I have been missing since I went Pro Tools 11. Sonic Sweet v3 Optimised has been released and so I can use it again. Its a little different, for example the modules are how “19” Rack form factor instead of half rack and there is a new module in the pack….
This has been a good week for me on the AAX front, BBE Sonic Sweet and Speakerphone available to work in Pro Tools 11 in one week, very nice ;) I will be doing a Show & Tell review of the sweet suite very soon and look out for it on the podcast from next week too.
Sonic Sweet “Optimised” has been completely re-worked from the ground up to be compatible with AAX and Pro Tools 11. The bundle has also been fully tested on the latest operating systems including Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite) and Windows 8.
The BBE Sonic Sweet “Optimised” is a complete rewrite of the plug-ins that were included in the original “Sonic Sweet” plug-ins bundle. but there is a new 4th plug-in added to the collection, the Mach 3 Bass. At the heart of the bundle there is still the software version of BBE’s famous Sonic Maximiser hardware range,
If you haven’t come across it before, BBE’s Sonic Sweet “Optimised” will add clarity to the top end and fatness to the bottom, just like their famous hardware processors do without the “fizz” or digital “sizzle” common to most other sonic enhancers. The refinements brought by this new “Optimised” version extends to a new optimised GUI and improved controls for fine-tuning your sound.
Unfortunately because Sonic Sweet “Optimised” was completely rebuilt, it is not compatible with previous versions of BBE Sonic Sweet Plug-ins. Any sessions with a previous version of Sonic Sweet loaded into it must continue to use the old versions of the plug-ins or you must use the new plug-ins and recreate the settings.
To celebrate this new version, BBE Sound has partnered with Don’t Crack to offer a special introductory price of ONLY $69 instead of the regular $149. Previous Sonic Sweet owners can upgrade to the NEW Sonic Sweet v3.0 with the new “Mach 3 Bass” for ONLY $29 !!! The promo is available from today through-out July, 2014.
Sonic Sweet Modules
- Sonic Maximizer : The best way to get that professional sound and extra sparkle that is so difficult to capture,
- Harmonic Maximizer : Increases Presence and Clarity, restoring Natural Brightness and adding Deeper and Extended Low Frequencies,
- Loudness Maximizer : A mixing and mastering multi-band limiter plug-in. Its ultimate transparency allows the Loudness Maximizer to ‘dramatically’ increase the overall level of your mix without audible pumping effects
- Mach 3 Bass : Take your low end to new sonic depths…
Sonic Sweet v3 System Requirements:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8
- Mac OS 10.6 and above (including 10.10 Yosemite)
- AAX - VST - AU - RTAS
- 32 & 64 bit Support
- Up to 5 computers authorisation
Our friends at Sonnox have announced SuprEsser DS. As a compliment ot their already popular SuprEsser, the SuprEsser DS offers low latency monitoring for users of the Avid S3L and HDX systems, citing a sub 2ms latency.
The SuprEsser DS is AAX DSP only and features a simple ‘quick fix’ mode for those who need to get a result quickly, however it still has a complete feature set for those needing to get more detailed results.
- Highly featured professional De-Esser
- Linear Phase Dynamic EQ
- Operates from 1kHz - 20kHz
- Latency of 1.9ms (at 48kHz sample rate)
- Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 and 48kHz
- Transparently controls aggressive frequencies
- Automatic Level Tracking follows energy levels (no need to automate threshold)
- Large intuitive graphic display makes finding frequencies very easy
- Three different ‘Listen’ modes
- Advanced Mode for ultimate control of the Dynamic EQ
- Many creative as well as corrective uses
- 64-bit compliant
- Presets giving good starting points
Depending on what forum you find yourself in and the thread you are reading you could be forgiven for either thinking that Pro Tools 11 is full of bugs or conversely rock solid.
There are some well documented issues surrounding Pro Tools 11 which Avid have acknowledged, at Pro Tools Expert we get a lot of emails from users asking us about different issues not documented, are they general bugs or specific computer issues? It can be the case that how a computer is configured can greatly affect performance, you can read our report here.
However, we thought it might be helpful to see how often users of Pro Tools 11 have their workflow interrupted by Pro Tools bugs and crashes. Reliability is an essential requirement of any professional software application, so is Pro Tools 11 meeting the mark or falling short?
So take our poll for both Mac and Windows users, of course please also let us have your comments.
Are you on cloud 9 or ready to throw the towel in?
Wunderkinds of the plug-in world Kush Audio deserve a headline like that when they announce AAX betas.
They have just announced the beta release of Pusher and Clariphonic plug-ins in AAX offering Pro Tools 11 compatibility.
Both units are on sale for $99 until tomorrow, so if you want to buy them then you had better act fast.
Kush Audio Pusher and Clariphonic join UBK-1 as three plug-ins now available in AAX for Pro Tools.
Avid have now released software version 11.2 which contains many video improvements, especially for Satellite users, but to our surprise Avid have removed Gobbler support!
Video Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2
- Avid DX Driver 5.9 released, compatible with Media Composer | Software version 7.0.4 (or higher).
- Improved Video Engine performance during fast forward, rewind, and cursor drags.
- Importing video files during playback will no longer cause Pro Tools to stop responding. To improve stability, importing video files to the Clip List via drag-and-drop is disabled during playback.
- Video Engine no longer momentarily displays an incorrect frame when returning to zero with Insertion Follows Playback enabled.
- HD video reference rates are now selectable when the Clock Source is set to Word Clock or AES.
- Scrubbing from a Satellite-linked system with Video Engine disabled will no longer cause dropped frames on a connected system that has Video Engine enabled.
- Scrubbing on a linked Satellite system no longer prevents playback on an unlinked Satellite system.
- Single-frame nudges performed in Pro Tools are now correctly followed by Media Composer when connected with Video Satellite.
Plug-in Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2
- The “Plug-in Controls Default to Auto-Enabled” preference no longer interferes with settings recall in multi-mono plug-ins.
- MasterMeter no longer causes CPU usage spikes.
- Improved audio stability when using the Preview function of AudioSuite plug-ins.
- Fixed an issue that could incorrectly change the automation-enabled status of some plug-in parameters to disabled.
Miscellaneous Issues Resolved in Pro Tools | Software 11.2
- For the time being, we have chosen to remove Gobbler functionality in Pro Tools 11.2. As you know, we are working to transform the industry with Avid Everywhere and our new MediaCentral Platform.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Pro Tools to stop responding after using Bounce to Disk with a physical output as the Bounce Source.
- Clip Gain settings now remain intact after healing separations.
- Pro Tools no longer displays linked files on mounted volumes as offline when opening sessions saved with the volume un- mounted.
- Pro Tools no longer incorrectly truncates or removes volume names in file paths when saving a session.
- Fixed an issue that could corrupt audio files extracted from CD.
- Virtual instruments no longer continue sustain after the transport has been stopped.
- Fixed a case where using Import Session Data with Elastic Audio-enabled tracks could cause Pro Tools to quit unexpectedly.
- Imported tracks are now ordered correctly when using Import Session Data.
- Pro Tools no longer quits unexpectedly when healing Clip Group separations.
- Fixed a case where Pro Tools would quit unexpectedly when performing Elastic Audio analysis while automatically re-linking files.
As always, we recommend that you perform a full system backup or clone before installation (just in case…)