Entries in izotope (46)
In this free iZotope RX4 video tutorial Russ shows how to use iZotope RX4 to soften the pick noise on an acoustic guitar recording.
iZotope say “iZotope’s award-winning RX is the industry standard for audio repair and enhancement, fixing common audio problems like noises, distortions, and inconsistent recordings. Post production professionals, audio engineers, and video editors alike use RX to transform previously unusable audio into pristine material.
RX’s suite of automatic, intelligent modules reduce manual tasks in your audio production workflow, freeing you up to focus on creative experimentation. And for professionals who need to quickly deliver quality results, RX 4 Advanced offers even more specialized post production tools.”
iZotope claim “iZotope’s audio mastering software, Ozone 6, makes it easier than ever to master your audio simply and efficiently in one elegant standalone application.”
In this video review Russ takes a look at the iZotope Ozone 6 Mastering Plug-in. He takes a look at the new features in Ozone 6 Advanced and also gives his thoughts on those features.
Watch the review of iZotope Ozone 6 mastering plug-in here
Some brands have broken cover with official statements on compatibility with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
They are as follows:
- Native Instruments - Not supported and advising not to upgrade. More here
- PreSonus - UPDATED Some tested and supported, check their site. More here
- Avid - Yosemite is not supported at this time. More here
- Waves - Official Waves OSX 10.10 Yosemite support is planned very soon. We suggest Waves users hold off on updating at this time. More here
- Universal Audio - Not tested yet. More here
- iZotope - Mixed results, see specific information here
- Metric Halo - All Metric Halo products are compatible
- Exponential Audio - Tested and working. More here
- Gobbler - UPDATED 22nd Oct 2014 Both Gobbler 1 & Gobbler 2 fully supported
Some users have installed Yosemite without issue, again please note that when brands make official statements on their software it means that if your system stops working you will not get any support. Take our Yosemite upgrade survey.
If you have news on other OFFICIAL statements then please let us know in the comments and we will update this post.
Our friends at iZotope have been very busy. It was only a month ago that they announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, now they are announcing a new version of their mastering suites Ozone 6 and Ozone 6 Advanced.
What iZotope say about Ozone 6…
The best of analog and digital. A completely redesigned, modern interface. And a new module that fuses the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor.
Ozone 5 Sale
- If you buy Ozone 5 now at the special price of $199 (normally $249) then you wil also get a free upgrade to Ozone 6 when it is released.
- If you buy Ozone 5 Advanced now at the special price of $599 (normally $999) then you wil also get a free upgrade to Ozone 6 Advanced when it is released.
Ozone 6 Pricing Plans Including Upgrades
iZotope have also announced the Ozone 6 prices including upgrades
- Ozone 6 will start with a special promotional price of $199 before returning to the normal price of $249
- Ozone 6 Advanced will start with a special promotional price of $599 before returning to the normal price of $999
- Owners of Ozone 1 to 5 will be able to upgrade to Ozone 6 for $99
- Owners of Ozone 1 to 5 Advanced will be able to upgrade to Ozone 6 Adavnced for $299
iZotope RX 4 is here and iZotope guru Mike Thornton (Mr RX It) delivers everything you need to know to jump into RX 4 and harness its full potential! Get detailed information using real-world examples and clean up your recordings making them sound better than ever. No matter what DAW you use, iZotope RX 4 Explained from Groove 3 provides expert knowledge that allows you to reduce unwanted noise and eliminate damage to your precious audio.
Let’s Start At The Very Beginning
Mike starts with a detailed Introduction that covers everything from the User Interface to the various Settings available in iZotope RX 4. You’ll also learn all about the Waveform & Spectrogram Displays, Recording Into RX 4, and Saving Files. Mike then demonstrates the power of Markers & Regions, as well as the RX Monitor & RX Connect Plug-Ins and you can watch this video for free.
In this free video tutorial Russ shows the new Leveller feature in iZotope RX4, this can used to automate clip gain. In this example he uses it on a vocal. He also uses the de-breath module from Nectar 2 for removing extraneous breaths from the track.
In this free iZotope video tutorial, Russ shows how easy it is to clean up sqeaaks on an otherwise great acoustic guitar part using iZotope RX4 using Spectral Repair.
In this free iZotope video tutorial, Russ shows how easy it is to clean up extraneous noises on an otherwise great guitar part using iZotope RX4.
He also demonstrates the new RX Connect plug-in allowing you to play the audio from iZotope RX4 back through your DAW.
Buy iZotope Stutter Edit in September for 60% Discount The Lowest Price Ever!
Keyboard Magazine said…
There’s nothing like Stutter Edit – no other plug-ins have successfully combined buffer chopping, live performance, remixing, and “studio thinking” to this extent.
Designed by top producer BT and developed by iZotope, Stutter Edit is an innovative tool for both studio and stage that delivers cutting edge audio slicing and manipulation.
How Does Stutter Edit Work?
Stutter Edit´s features revolve around an innovative engine that continuously samples live audio, storing that audio in a buffer that can be manipulated in a myriad of ways.
Special Offer Until 30the September 2014
Our friends at Time+Space Distribution are offering iZotope’s Stutter Edit for just £59.95 or 71.95 Euros inc vat. If you are outside the EU they are offering it at $112.28 exc vat.
Plus Get Free Stutter Edit Expansion Packs
Once you´re using Stutter Edit, you can add even more fuel to your creative fire with FREE Stutter Edit Expansion Packs available to download from the iZotope website. Featuring multiple preset banks and 250+ gestures, these packs will help you add chopped-up vocals, funky disco-style breaks, sweeping rhythmic filters, and more.
Our friends at iZotope have announced the next version of their award winning audio repair software RX, with RX4.
Buiding on an already impressive set of features RX4 offers;
- Clip Gain: Easily adjust and balance the volume of vocals and instrumentals with this new non-destructive editing feature.
- Dialogue Denoiser: Reduce distracting background noise from dialogue and vocals in real time (now a standard feature with both RX 4 and RX 4 Advanced).
- RX Connect: Streamline your process with a round-trip workflow compatible with Pro Tools, Logic, and other popular hosts.
- Leveler: Automatically balance the volume of your mix, freeing more time for creative mix decisions.
- EQ Match: Ensure a consistent-sounding mix by seamlessly matching multiple recordings with varying sonic profiles.
Some of the Pro Tools Expert team have already had a sneak peek at RX4 and we have to say it is even better than ever. As each iteration of RX appears it is hard to think how it can be improved, but RX4 is far more than a makeover, it has even more power and will be a godsend to audio professionals everywhere as they use it daily for everything from minor tweaks to saving the entire job.