Entries in izotope (48)
Congratulations to all the winners of the 30th Annual TEC Awards for Technical Achievement.
Notable mentions to our friends at Universal Audio, iZotope, Genelec, Apogee and API.
Although nominated in the large format console catagory with the Avid Pro Tools S6 control surface Avid failed to win. This is the first time since 1998 that Digidesign/Avid have lost out on a TEC Award.
The 30th TEC Award Winners In Full
iZotope RX4 Demonstration Video From IBC Amsterdam Supermeet With Mike Thornton Giving The First Public Demonstration Of RX4
The CPUG Network Supermeet team have released the video of Mike giving the first public demo of iZotope RX4 and RX4 Advanced at this year’s Supermeet in Amsterdam alongside IBC 2014.
Watch him use the new RX4 Connect plug-in as well using the new Ambience Match, Leveler, as well as Declip to handle some distortion and Mike and Matt cover the other new features they didn’t have time to demo on the night.
In this free iZotope RX4 video tutorial Russ shows how to use iZotope RX4 to soften the pick noise on an acoustic guitar recording.
iZotope say “iZotope’s award-winning RX is the industry standard for audio repair and enhancement, fixing common audio problems like noises, distortions, and inconsistent recordings. Post production professionals, audio engineers, and video editors alike use RX to transform previously unusable audio into pristine material.
RX’s suite of automatic, intelligent modules reduce manual tasks in your audio production workflow, freeing you up to focus on creative experimentation. And for professionals who need to quickly deliver quality results, RX 4 Advanced offers even more specialized post production tools.”
iZotope claim “iZotope’s audio mastering software, Ozone 6, makes it easier than ever to master your audio simply and efficiently in one elegant standalone application.”
In this video review Russ takes a look at the iZotope Ozone 6 Mastering Plug-in. He takes a look at the new features in Ozone 6 Advanced and also gives his thoughts on those features.
Watch the review of iZotope Ozone 6 mastering plug-in here
Some brands have broken cover with official statements on compatibility with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
They are as follows:
- Native Instruments - Not supported and advising not to upgrade. More here
- PreSonus - UPDATED Some tested and supported, check their site. More here
- Avid - Yosemite is not supported at this time. More here
- Waves - Official Waves OSX 10.10 Yosemite support is planned very soon. We suggest Waves users hold off on updating at this time. More here
- Universal Audio - Not tested yet. More here
- iZotope - Mixed results, see specific information here
- Metric Halo - All Metric Halo products are compatible
- Exponential Audio - Tested and working. More here
- Gobbler - UPDATED 22nd Oct 2014 Both Gobbler 1 & Gobbler 2 fully supported
Some users have installed Yosemite without issue, again please note that when brands make official statements on their software it means that if your system stops working you will not get any support. Take our Yosemite upgrade survey.
If you have news on other OFFICIAL statements then please let us know in the comments and we will update this post.
Our friends at iZotope have been very busy. It was only a month ago that they announced RX4 and RX4 Advanced, now they are announcing a new version of their mastering suites Ozone 6 and Ozone 6 Advanced.
What iZotope say about Ozone 6…
The best of analog and digital. A completely redesigned, modern interface. And a new module that fuses the precision of an equalizer with the musical ballistics of a compressor.
Ozone 5 Sale
- If you buy Ozone 5 now at the special price of $199 (normally $249) then you wil also get a free upgrade to Ozone 6 when it is released.
- If you buy Ozone 5 Advanced now at the special price of $599 (normally $999) then you wil also get a free upgrade to Ozone 6 Advanced when it is released.
Ozone 6 Pricing Plans Including Upgrades
iZotope have also announced the Ozone 6 prices including upgrades
- Ozone 6 will start with a special promotional price of $199 before returning to the normal price of $249
- Ozone 6 Advanced will start with a special promotional price of $599 before returning to the normal price of $999
- Owners of Ozone 1 to 5 will be able to upgrade to Ozone 6 for $99
- Owners of Ozone 1 to 5 Advanced will be able to upgrade to Ozone 6 Adavnced for $299
iZotope RX 4 is here and iZotope guru Mike Thornton (Mr RX It) delivers everything you need to know to jump into RX 4 and harness its full potential! Get detailed information using real-world examples and clean up your recordings making them sound better than ever. No matter what DAW you use, iZotope RX 4 Explained from Groove 3 provides expert knowledge that allows you to reduce unwanted noise and eliminate damage to your precious audio.
Let’s Start At The Very Beginning
Mike starts with a detailed Introduction that covers everything from the User Interface to the various Settings available in iZotope RX 4. You’ll also learn all about the Waveform & Spectrogram Displays, Recording Into RX 4, and Saving Files. Mike then demonstrates the power of Markers & Regions, as well as the RX Monitor & RX Connect Plug-Ins and you can watch this video for free.
In this free video tutorial Russ shows the new Leveller feature in iZotope RX4, this can used to automate clip gain. In this example he uses it on a vocal. He also uses the de-breath module from Nectar 2 for removing extraneous breaths from the track.
In this free iZotope video tutorial, Russ shows how easy it is to clean up sqeaaks on an otherwise great acoustic guitar part using iZotope RX4 using Spectral Repair.
In this free iZotope video tutorial, Russ shows how easy it is to clean up extraneous noises on an otherwise great guitar part using iZotope RX4.
He also demonstrates the new RX Connect plug-in allowing you to play the audio from iZotope RX4 back through your DAW.