Entries in ios (5)
Focusrite has introduced two new members of its Scarlett range of USB 2.0 audio interfaces: the Scarlett 18i8 (18-in, 8-out) and Scarlett 6i6 (6-in, 6-out). Both are aimed at recording artists, producers and bands and differ primarily in their I/O configuration. Both feature award-winning Focusrite mic pres, designed specifically for Focusrite’s computer music interfaces, and Focusrite’s renowned precision 24bit/96KHz conversion for maximum transparency. In addition to Mac® and Windows® operation, both interfaces are compatible with iOS® devices like the iPad® (via the Apple® Camera Connection Kit – not included).
The Scarlett 18i8 is the first interface from Focusrite to include four award-winning mic preamps. The first two inputs offer Mic/Line/Instrument on universal XLR/TRS while three and four offer Mic/Line capability on XLR/TRS. The 18i8 can also record up to four additional line inputs at the same time, making it perfect for recording an entire band live. An ADAT option allows the connection of external mic preamps such as the Focusrite OctoPre Mk II, extending the number of mic pres to 12.
The Scarlett 6i6 is designed to allow recording on a smaller scale. In addition to two Focusrite mic preamps it features a stereo line input, making it possible to capture, for example, vocals, guitar and a digital piano at the same time. Both models feature the signature Scarlett range unibody metal chassis for road-ruggedness, and the unique “signal halo” LED rings around the input controls that indicate green for a good level and red for overload. They also include two headphone outputs each with their own level controls; the headphone outputs on the 6i6 mirror the main and sub-outputs whereas on the 18i8 they are fully independent.
Scarlett 6i6: £199.99 inc. vat and Scarlett 18i8: £299.99 inc. vat
The team have been considering what gets our Pro Tools Expert Product of the Year Award 2012.
Without consulting one another we made recommendations for those products we wanted to win. We all threw in our own favourites and here is the shortlist…
- Universal Audio UA Apollo
- Moog Minitaur
- iZotope Alloy 2
- Nugen Audio ISL True Peak Limiter
- Neyrinck V-Control Pro for iPad
- Pro Tools HD | Native Thunderbolt
- Sugar Bytes AAX Wrapper
- PPG WaveGenerator iPad Synth
- Arturia Mini Brute
It may come as no surprise to many of you that the product that was unanimously voted as the winner with the most votes from our team is the Universal Audio UA Apollo. For many of us it sets a new benchmark for combining great features, sound and at a great price. All those short listed are worth consideration, so check them all out!
Cool new iOS App, The Ultimate Mic Locker provides access to a huge selection of high quality microphones that will bring you the best possible sound, no matter what your project is. We know microphones, and we know what you use them for. From vocal and instrument recording, broadcast presentations, to different performance environments, we provide access to an industry wide variety of options for every use.
The Ultimate Mic Locker will find your perfect fit. With detailed descriptions, specifications and examples of use, you can be certain of your mic selection. More here
Quietart Makers of the “Wave Rider” Automatic automation plugin have made a cool little iphone app that helps You determine Audio Visual SYNC Errors in video playback.
Catchin’ SYNC allows you to capture and manually determine audio SYNC issues on your video playback device.
In almost all cases, where audio and video playback passes through separate devices (i.e Audio through receiver, video through LCD TV or Projector etc.) there will be advancement or delay on the audio signal, making the viewing experience unpleasant. Catchin’ SYNC will help you determine if your system is in SYNC or not and by how much in milliseconds or frames. With that information you can add appropriate amounts of delay to your signal and get everything play along properly in SYNC.
Akai have released iMPC for iPad, with impressive features and knock-out price.
Akai iMPC features
- More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- Sample from iPad mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
- Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
- Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for iMPC owners
- Route to and use with your favourite Tabletop Effects and devices
- Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
- Use with Tabletop’s Timeline Editor