Entries in app (5)
Our friends over at Neyrinck released V-Control Pro v 1.7 with a lot of new features. More here
Preferences - New preferences section is displayed in Setup popover
- Optionally place transport at top of screen
- Optionally disable transport controls
- Optionally disable fader double-tap
- Optionally set for transparent jog wheel display
- Optionally set for Cubase +12 dB max gain
Counter Jog Control - Pro Tools and Cubase and some other apps now let you drag across the counter to jog/scrub/shuttle forward or back.
Draggable Multi-Panel - The multi-panel window can now be dragged and placed anywhere.
Transport Controls can be set to show at top in new preferences
Smarter Multi-Panel Display - The multi-panel window now remembers which mode is selected when a user exits V-Control Pro and re-launches.
Jog/Shutte Wheel - All DAW modes have a jog/shuttle wheel.
- Different apps have different functionality with some having Scrub and Shuttle modes selectable at the top of the wheel. If Scrub and Shuttle are not selected the wheel Jogs thru the project. In some apps dragging in the counter also allows Jog/Scrub/Shuttle depending on the setting for the Jog Wheel.
- Audition, Final Cut 7, and Media Composer have a fixed wheel in the user interface.
- All other DAW modes have an optional wheel.
- Two-finger double-tap the mixer to show/hide the jog wheel for all other DAW modes.
- Two-finger drag to quickly activate and control shuttle mode
Pro Tools Transport Popover
Transport Popover - All DAW modes now have a Transport Popover selectable from transport bar
- Pro Tools memory locations and audition controls have been moved from edit panel to transport popover.
- Logic marker controls moved from edit panel to transport popover.
Pro Tools Keypad Improved - The keypad now has modifier keys for additional functionality.
Pro Tools Automation Popover Improved
- The popover now has a “All” button to set mode for all tracks.
- Write Enable controls and Suspend control moved into Automation Popover
Pro Tools Surround Panner Improved - The surround panner better controls panning if a touch moves outside the panner boundary.
In a move that is likely to turn their competitors white, Novation have announced three new keyboards in a range called Launchkeys, not only do they come with Apps, but they also sell for amazing prices, with the 61 note controller selling for just £159.99. I know it’s only January, but one can’t help but think these may be top of most people’s Christmas list this year! We have review product coming soon.
Based around a 25, 49 or 61 note keyboard controller with 16 velocity-sensitive multi-colour launch pads, Launchkey features the Launchkey app (an iPad performance synth) as well as a Launchpad app that provides drag-and-drop loop playback from the pads and real-time effects including stutter and filter effects. It also ships with a suite of software for Mac and PC including Novation’s V-Station and Bass Station soft-synth plugins and Ableton Live Lite. Launchkey’s 16 launch pads will also trigger clips and scenes in Ableton Live.
Cool new iOS App, The Ultimate Mic Locker provides access to a huge selection of high quality microphones that will bring you the best possible sound, no matter what your project is. We know microphones, and we know what you use them for. From vocal and instrument recording, broadcast presentations, to different performance environments, we provide access to an industry wide variety of options for every use.
The Ultimate Mic Locker will find your perfect fit. With detailed descriptions, specifications and examples of use, you can be certain of your mic selection. More here
Quietart Makers of the “Wave Rider” Automatic automation plugin have made a cool little iphone app that helps You determine Audio Visual SYNC Errors in video playback.
Catchin’ SYNC allows you to capture and manually determine audio SYNC issues on your video playback device.
In almost all cases, where audio and video playback passes through separate devices (i.e Audio through receiver, video through LCD TV or Projector etc.) there will be advancement or delay on the audio signal, making the viewing experience unpleasant. Catchin’ SYNC will help you determine if your system is in SYNC or not and by how much in milliseconds or frames. With that information you can add appropriate amounts of delay to your signal and get everything play along properly in SYNC.
Akai have released iMPC for iPad, with impressive features and knock-out price.
Akai iMPC features
- More than 1,200 samples, 50 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- Sample from iPad mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
- Supports WIST, wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
- Tabletop Ready iMPC is free for iMPC owners
- Route to and use with your favourite Tabletop Effects and devices
- Line-in allows you to resample Tabletop devices
- Use with Tabletop’s Timeline Editor