Entries in AAX (251)
Sonivox have announced that their products are now AAX 64 bit and now Pro Tools 11 compatible.
- AU 32/64-bit.
- VST 32/64-bit.
- AAX 64-bit.
- Stand Alone 32-bit.
Updated Sonivox Products:
- Twist 2.2 Spectral Morphing Synthesizer.
- Wobble 2.2 Dubstep Grime Generator.
- Vocalizer Pro 1.2 Vocoder Musical Instrument.
- Big Bang Universal Drums 2.2 Flagship Drum Instrument.
- Big Bang Cinematic Percussion 2.2 Cinematic Percussion Instrument.
- Eighty Eight Ensemble 2.2 Flagship Piano with Splits & Layers.
- Playa 1.4 Flagship Hip Hop Instrument.
- Playa Aggro Electro Boom 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop / Urban Instrument.
- Playa Strings 1.4 Legendary Hip Hop Strings Instrument.
Version 2.0 owners (or Vocalizer Pro/Playa Series Version 1.0) are entitled to a free update. Current owners of earlier versions can purchase an upgrade.
Eventide have announced Ultrareverb, they say it’s the culmination of 35 years of reverb R&D.
What Is UltraReverb
Halls, Chambers, Rooms, Plates, and Ambience derived from Eventide’s flagship hardware processor, the H8000 UltraHarmonizer®
Features Of The New UltraReverb
- Create acoustically natural or other-worldly environments
- Packed with over 300 killer presets for mixing, mastering, post production, and sound design
- Includes Artist Presets designed by top engineers and recording professionals
- No Physical iLok Key required
- Native format for AU, VST, or AAX64 for Mac or Windows
- Session compatible with Eventide Reverb HD/TDM from the Anthology II bundle
Until October 17th 2014 Eventide are offering the UltraReverb for $79 instead of $199.
To celebrate the release of the new AIR Xpand2 with VST and AU support we’ve unlocked the Xpand2 video tutorials section of Pro Tools Expert, making them free for everyone.
Free AIR Xpand2 Video Tutorials
Here is a list of just some of the great content we have for Xpand2.
- Create Amazing Grooves Using Xpand 2
- Turn Xpand 2 Into A Killer Synth
- Xpand Power User - Modulator Automation
- How To Create Saw Stack Sounds In Xpand
- 5 Ways To Change An Electric Piano In Pro Tools
- Create Huge Stacked Sounds In Xpand2
- Synth Tricks In Xpand
- Be An Xpand2 Power Users Part 2
- Create Monster Bass In Pro Tools With Xpand2
- Create Cool Guitars In Pro Tools With Xpand2
- Create Soundscapes Using Xpand2
- Xpand2 The Basics
- AIR Xpand 2 - How To Control Volume On Each Part
- Xpand2 The Basics
- Xpand Arpeggiator
Hundreds More Pro Tools Video Tutorials
If you are new to Pro Tools Expert and want to watch over 500 video tutorials for Pro Tools, plug-ins and other studio related techniques then you can sign up.
Look what I found on the Avid stand at IBC 2014. First is a Multiband Dynamics plug-in
The second is a Sub Harmonic plug-in.
Both plug-ins are being shown here at IBC 2014 as technical previews, which means there is no information on price or when they will be released. They may not even look like this. These are been shown as “look at what we are working on”. Just like Avid Everywhere which is also on show here at IBC, there is no information about price and final feature sets.
One thing that was stressed to me is that they will both be AAX DSP as well as AAX Native which hints at Avid’s frustration at the lack of HDX plug-ins.
Akai have announced their MPC version 1.7 software with a massive amount of new features, one feature that will make Pro Tools users happy is AAX compatibility for Pro Tools 11.
Main Feature Updates For MPC 1.7
- Reworked browser with adjustable volume on sample auditioning
- AAX plugin compatibility with Pro Tools 10 and 11
- Real-time loop-style sample layering, “Direct Record” mode
- Included Hybrid 3 synth
- New mixer architecture with better metering and better control
- Filter the information displayed on the mixer for customized information views
- Improved audio export
- Expanded track automation, with visual feedback
- Multi-processor audio path for better performance
- More keyboard shortcuts
Akai MPC 1.7 Video
The Casio CZ sound is coming to Pro Tools thanks to plug-in developer Oli Larkin.
For those with memories of the 1980s the introduction of the Casio CZ series of synths such as the CZ101 and CZ1000 put Casio on the map with their Phase Distortion synthesis.
The Virtual CZ
The Virtual CZ is a plug-in emulation of the original sound and features;
- Recreates the unique synthesis engine of the CZ synths (it models the flagship CZ-1 but does all the other ones too!)
- Works as a SYSEX editor/librarian for all CZ hardware as well as an emulation
- 2 Phase Distortion oscillators per voice(each has 8 wave shapes, which can be different for alternate cycles)
- 6 loop-able envelope generators per voice(switchable between easy-to-use ADSR and powerful 8-Stage MSEG mode)
- Tempo sync-able LFO for vibrato, with 7 shapes
- Ring Modulation and Noise Modulation
- 32 voice polyphonic/mono/legato modes
- Unison and detuning effects
- Stereo panning effects
- Vintage stereo chorus/ensemble effect
- Microtonal tuning support
- Easy to use interface: all key synthesis functions accessible on the front panel
- Import/export presets for all plugin formats & cross-format preset browser
- Includes over 200 high quality presets plus ability to load thousands of CZ patches online
- Available for OSX and Windows in Standalone, VST2, VST3, Audiounit and AAX formats
Here are a few sound examples of the new CZ plug-in.
Xpand2, the much loved synth that has shipped free with Pro Tools for several generations is about to be set free as a VST and AU version, giving owners of other DAWs the oportunity to use it in their productions.
What Is Xpand2
Xpand!2 is a virtual workstation synthesizer featuring a broad range of sound generation possibilities including multi-sampled instruments as well as FM, wavetable, and virtual analog synthesis.
The settings of all four slots and their respective Parts can be saved as a single Patch. Xpand!2 comes with a set of over 2300 Patches, created by renowned sound designers.
New Versions Of Xpand2 In VST And AU Formats
In the next few weeks Xpand2 will be set free from Pro Tools and ship in the following versions;
- AU and VST 32 and 64 bit for Mac
- VST 32 and 64 bit for Windows PC
- AU and VST - $99.99
- Existing owners of AIEP will be able to purchase for $39.99
- Pro Tools owners wishing to use AU and VST versions will also be subject to the same pricing
- AAX and RTAS versions will remain free built into Pro Tools
The team at Prodyon are giving away a synth a day on their YouTube page.
Today’s synth is very nice giving an organic synth sound which moves over time with the sequencer patterns.
There are plenty of knobs to tweak, so geeks should be in their element.
Our friends at DDMF, the makers of the hugely popular plug-in host Metaplugin, have announced a new channel strip plug-in The Strip. Please note the GUI is a single long GUI and not split as shown in this story.
The Strip Channel Strip Plug-in
The Strip is cited by Christian at DDMF as “the essential channel strip” and based on a hybrid design of some very nice vintage plug-ins. Even better The Strip boast low CPU usage and should happily sit on every track without putting your DAW into a sweat. It comes available in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX format, 32 and 64 bit, for Windows and OSX (10.6 and higher) Even better it is a temptingly low price of $39 right now.
Full Specifications Of DDMF The Strip
- Low and High pass filter
- four peaking filters
- Low shelf filter
- gate with variable threshold, range, attack and release to prevent unwanted noise
- smooth compressor section
- 2x oversampling available
- EQ section with just the nicest little bit of saturation
- order of EQ and compression interchangeable
- available in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX format, 32 and 64 bit, for Windows and OSX (10.6 and higher)
Find Out More About The Strip
You can find out more and download a demo of The Strip from the DDMF web site.
Our friends at FabFilter have released, as promised, the new version of their amazing Pro-Q EQ plug-in. The new features include Full Screen mode, unique Natural Phase processing, Auto Gain, Spectrum Grab, Gain-Q interaction and slope support for all filter types make Pro-Q 2 better than its predecessor.
Completely Redesigned From the Ground Up
This is no little upgrade, the team at FabFilter have completely redesigned the internal filter engine which not only improves the existing zero latency and linear phase modes but also makes it possible to add a new natural phase mode and have filter slopes from 6dB per octave to a massive 96dB per octave.
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 Fey Features
- Natural Phase mode to perfectly match the magnitude response of analog EQ’ing while also closely matching the analog phase response, without noticeable pre-ring or a long latency
- Full Screen mode for super-precise adjustments
- Spectrum Grab: just grab and adjust a peak in the real-time spectrum analyser right away!
- Universal slope support for all filter types, for example enabling users to make ultra-narrow bell filters or very steep shelves including 18, 30, 36, 72 and 96dB/oct.)
- Highly improved Linear Phase mode, offering a better magnitude response and smooth changes without zipper effects
- New EQ filter types: Tilt Shelf and Band-Pass, in addition to the existing Bell, High/Low Cut, High/Low Shelf and Notch filter shapes
- Gain-Q interaction option: when enabled, Q and gain influence each other in a pleasant way often found in analog mixing consoles
- EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another track via the side-chain input
- Auto Gain automatically adjusts the output gain to compensate for the audible gain loss or increase introduced by the active EQ bands
- Improved spectrum analyser with adjustable range, tilt, freeze, and horizontal zooming
- Optional piano roll display
- Flexible interface resizing
- Full output level meter
- Phase Invert option
- Highly improved CPU optimisation: Pro-Q 2 uses less memory and is more than twice as efficient as its predecessor!
- Improved analog magnitude matching in Zero Latency mode
Pricing And Upgrades
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is now available for EUR 149, USD 199 or GBP 124, supporting both Windows and Mac OS X in VST and VST 3, Audio Units, AAX, RTAS and AudioSuite plug-in formats.
Existing FabFilter customers can purchase or upgrade to Pro-Q 2 with very attractive discounts by logging in to their online user account.
Try Before You Buy
You can download the Pro-Q 2 from the download page on the FabFilter site and try it out for free for 30 days. Then if you decide to buy it you just use your personal license key to unlock it.
Show & Tell Review Coming Soon
We will be making one of our show and tell reviews of this plug-in very soon.