In this free video Jonah Guelzo takes a close look at Spanner from The Cargo Cult and suggests that Spanner is an intuitive approach to surround.
The Cargo Cult describe Spanner as the Swiss Army knife for surround audio. If you spend any time at all working in surround formats then do check out Spanner. It has been designed by real post audio pros to solve real world problems. It's a panner, but it is a whole lot more too, with complete independent control of every channel, several industry first features and a powerful interface, if you work in surround you should check this out.
Summary Of Spanner's Features
- True surround panning with independent control of each channel
- Upsize and downmix - mono thru 7.1
- AAX DSP and Audiosuite support
- Extremely low CPU overhead, zero delay and double precision math
- QT Movie overlay for visual panning
- Dedicated iPad remote control app
- Panner follows track selection
- Post-pan meters in mix and edit windows
- Pre-fade LFE send