TDR describe Kotelnikov as "a wideband dynamics processor combining high fidelity dynamic range control with deep musical flexibility". Kotelnikov evolved from the TDR Feedback Compressor product family and has inherited several features such as an individual release control for peak and RMS content, an intuitive user interface, and high-precision algorithms.
With a sonic signature that we have heard described as “stealthy”, Kotelnikov has been designed to manipulate the dynamic range by dramatic amounts, whilst at the same time designed to carefully preserve the original tone, timbre and punch of a musical signal. As such, it is well suited to tasks like stereo bus compression.
Tokyo Dawn Records are straight forward in describing Kotelnikov as “proudly digital” What they mean by this is that it doesn’t try to emulate any previously existing device. It is an original!
TDR Kotelnikov Key Features
- 64bit multi-rate processing structure for highest accuracy
- “Delta” oversampled signal path (bit transparent at 0dB gain reduction)
- Super fast, yet natural sounding compression
- “Crest factor” based control scheme offering independent release controls for peak and RMS events
- Flexible side-chain high pass filter
- Advanced stereo linking options optimised for the stereo bus
- Delta preview mode previews the difference between compressed and original signal
- Latency compensated, click free bypass (i.e. processing never interrupted)
How To Get The TDR Kotelnikov Plug-in
Go to the TDR Kotelnikov page and click on the appropriate download link for your system. You do not have to open an account or get your email, although you are offered the option to sign up to the TDR newsletter and learn more about Kotelnikov's bigger brother Kotelnikov Gentleman's Edition, which the paid-for version with more features such as support for equal loudness workflows, frequency dependent ratio.
TDR Kotelnikov System Requirements
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 or above
- 32 bit - AAX, VST, AU,
- 64 bit - AAX VST, AU
- Win XP SP2 or above
- 32 bit - VST
- 64 bit - AAX, VST