Today Avid has announced that the latest software release for Avid NEXIS is now available to all new and current customers, designed to deliver greater bandwidth for fast, reliable workflows and support for Avid Pro Tools to optimise professional audio production workflows.
Although there are a number of new features in this latest release the key one for our community is that Pro Tools is now qualified on Avid NEXIS, enabling audio creative teams to run sessions off an Avid NEXIS storage system sharing projects on a centralised pool of media storage, turning work around faster by eliminating the time wasted moving files between different systems.
The Major New Avid NEXIS Features Include:
- High-performance storage groups, with each media pack capable of data rates up to 50% faster at 600MB/s, providing the performance needed for high-volume 4K/UHD, HD, and bandwidth-intensive media workflows.
- Pro Tools streaming from Avid NEXIS delivering enhanced audio workflows. Customers can accelerate completion of professional audio projects while benefiting from the automatic media protection, security, and flexibility of Avid NEXIS.
- Scalability enhancements that double the capacity of Avid NEXIS Enterprise systems to support up to 48 media packs across a single scale-out networked system. Customers can mix and match a combination of Avid NEXIS E5, E4, and/or E2 engines, providing nearly 3PB of storage capacity and 28GB/s of high-performance bandwidth.
The new version of Avid NEXIS including support for Pro Tools is now available to new customers as well as current Avid NEXIS owners with an active annual support and software maintenance plan.
Pro Tools 12.8 NEXIS Support Improvement
- Support for much higher Track counts streaming from NEXIS systems
- Improved session load times
- Faster Disk Cache load times
- Added Support for Dual 1 GB connections and 10 GB connection when using Nexis with Pro Tools
- Local Storage of Session Waveform Overview Cache files with quantity preference in Setup > Preferences > Operation allows for substantial speed-up of session open
- Parallel Task Optimisations setting in Setup > Preferences > Processing increases processor threading, network utilisation, and file/read-write optimisations
What Is Avid NEXIS?
Avid NEXIS enterprise-class storage systems (E5, E4, and E2) are designed to offer greater performance for finishing and specialised media workflows, providing up to 28 GB/s of bandwidth with new high-performance storage groups. For smaller environments, Avid NEXIS PRO storage provides is designed to deliver real-time 4K performance at up to 2.4GB/s.
Avid NEXIS and Avid NEXIS PRO also provide real-time creative team collaboration using not only Avid Media Composer but other editorial and creative tools including Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Apple Final Cut Pro X, DaVinci Resolve, as well as allowing for integration with third-party asset management systems.