For a limited time, Kazrog are giving away what they say is one of the most favoured amp models from their entire Thermionik collection – the Serpent. Serpent is based on the Framus Cobra tube guitar amp head, which is a versatile 3 channel beast, specialising in tight, articulate high gain, but very capable of just about any style of guitar tone.
How To Get The Serpent Plug-in Free:
- Go to the Kazrog store and add the Serpent to your cart.
- Sign in to your Kazrog account (if you have one) or create a new free Kazrog account.
- Checkout – the model will be authorised to your account.
- Download the latest Kazrog Complete installer, and install Serpent along with any other plugins you own or want to try, but you can decide to just install the Thermionik plug-in with the Serpent Model.
- Authorise the plugin as per the instructions in the Kazrog manual.
So you will need to give Kazrong your name and email address when you set up your account. Then once the software is installed select the Continue With Trial option which will pop up when you instantiate the plug-in for the first time, and then go to the About tab and enter your Kazrog account id and password and the free version with Serpent will be authorised.
What Is Thermionik?
Thermionik is Kazrog’s ever-growing suite of guitar amp modelling plug-ins, which they have designed for "complete tonal accuracy and control", emulating a wide range of guitar amplifiers spanning all eras of electric guitar from vintage to modern. Each model is its own separate plug-in, and they can be used in conjunction with Kazrog Recabinet if you wish or any other cabinet simulation plug-in.
All Thermionik plug-ins support Windows and Mac OS X platforms in both 32 and 64 bit architecture and AAX, VST, and AU plug-in formats. Each plugin has an options panel that includes options such as pre-amp and power-amp bypass toggles, wet/dry processing ratio, +/- 24dB input level adjustment, 6 emulation quality levels, force mono which is useful in stereo-only hosts. There is online and offline authorization so no dongles or challenge responses.
Check out a few sounds of the Serpent, recorded off the cuff by Thermionik creator and Kazrog LLC founder Shane McFee: