Mike, Dan and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Podcast Sponsor - Exponential Audio
Thanks to Exponential Audio for sponsoring the podcast this month. This week we wanted to give you a heads up on the Exponential Audio Summer Sale. From June 9 through June 23 you can get most of the Exponential plug-ins and upgrades with 30% off. Existing subscribers to their newsletter will get a discount code that will work on their site until June 23rd. If you aren’t a subscriber, you might want to sign up to get 30% off some great plug-ins until June 23rd. If you haven’t tried any of their plug-ins yet, where have you been? You can also download free trial versions to see for yourself what they are like.
- SoundBits Offer 45% Off Their Sound Effects Libraries This month we are giving you the opportunity to get 45% off any individual SoundBits Sound Effects Libraries. All you need to do is go across to the SoundBits Shop, choose the sound effects libraries you would like and put the code into the SoundBits Shop and you will get 45% off whatever is in your basket. It's as simple as that.
- TrainYourEars EQ Training Software - 20% Off Get For £34 This month we have partnered with our friends at TrainYourEars to offer you the chance to save 20% off the purchase price of TrainYourEars EQ Edition 2 frequency training software - For Mac & Windows. This month you can buy for £34 ex VAT.
- Also don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section on our Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until June 30th buy any award-winning Apollo rackmount audio interface and get an analog dream studio filled with up to $3,500 of genuine UAD plug-ins from Studer, Lexicon, AKG, Pultec, Fairchild, Teletronix, and more! Buy an Apollo Duo or Apollo Firewire and get a plugin bundle worth $1200, buy an Apollo 8P, Apollo 8 Quad, or Apollo 16 and get a plugin bundle worth $2000, or buy any 2 Apollo rack mounted interfaces, and get a plugin bundle worth $3500. For more details use the link in the podcast notes.
- My Stupid Studio Woes - Simple Advice On How You Can Avoid The Same Issues
- Apple Announcements From WWDC 2017
- Sonnet Announce New Low Cost Thunderbolt 3 Single Slot PCIe Expansion Chassis
Win 1 of 8 Copies Of Seventh Heaven Reverb Plug-ins From LiquidSonics The Seventh Heaven reverb is available as two separate plug-ins, one slightly more feature rich than the other and LiquidSonics have kindly offered the Pro Tools Expert Community 8 prizes from these two Seventh Heaven plug-ins for the competition.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are looking to give your studio the power to Create, Edit, Mix, Master and Deliver Dolby Atmos content, then check our friends at RSPE Audio Solutions as for over 15 years, they have been a proud Dolby Professional dealer and installer and they are one or a handful of dealers you can supply the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite.
- Alex Reverberi got in touch after we discussed his request for controlling the UAD Console from within Pro Tools. Even after the Console 1 release with UAD plugin support Alex was still left trying to find a tactile option for Console, and so he asks if we have any experience in adding a touchscreen to an iMac, or heard of anybody working on a control surface that does work for Console?
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s featured interview is James’ interview with the legend that is Steve Genewick. Steve is a three-time Grammy nominated recording engineer with over twenty-five years of experience both in studio and live recording. Since 1994 Steve has worked primarily at Capitol Studios as a staff engineer.
Questions From The Community
- Drew Stapleton asked if we know of a plug-in for Pro Tools that works like Scripter for Logic Pro X? At 9 minutes in a Brian Eno video where he uses Scripter to randomise MIDI values. Drew says that with so many people into modular or making ambiences now (in his case for film) he thinks this should be a no brainier.
- Juwal Penner is having problems with two192 I/O interfaces, that then he uses them together the second Interface produces some weird sounds and asks if we have any idea how to fix this?
- Tommy Allen would like our advice for the best way to use reference tracks when mixing songs. Do you use whole songs or just small parts of a song? Do the songs need to be WAV files or can you download from iTunes? what about setting the correct level so you cannot be fooled into a volume differences?
- Robert Moseley has got in touch because back in 2013 we did a deal for Recabinet. He now wants to try this but because he is running Pro Tools 10 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit with a Digidesign 003+ Rack interface and Kazrog doesn’t seem to support RTAS, and so what can he do?
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Sonnet Thunderbolt 3 Single Slot PCIe Expansion Chassis
- Dan - Eventide H9 Harmonizer
- Julian - Digigrid D desktop interface