In the third of these excellent videos from Yamaha Commercial Audio, Patrick Killianey looks at the role of the Router.
While accessing the Internet isn't usually part of AoIP, WiFi control often is and this is often achieved using a WiFi Router rather than a Wireless Access Point. Router setup becomes unavoidable when configuring an AoIP network for remote access and Virtual Private Networks become necessary.
To make the video more accessible I've listed times for the main points.
- 0.40 - What the Router does.
- 3.06 - What is A Router, Network Address Translation (NAT) and a Firewall?
- 6.34 - Remote Access via a DMZ (DeMilitarised Zone)
- 7.22 - Port forwarding, what is an IP Port?
- 9.40 - Similarities/differences between Port Forwarding and a DMZ
- 10.20 - What use is DMZ and Port Forwarding?