Mike, James and Alan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
New Podcast Sponsor - Synchro Arts
We have new podcast sponsors and it’s going to be a different brand each month. Thanks to Synchro Arts who are this month’s podcast sponsor. They have just announced an upgrade for their very clever Revoice Pro software. Revoice Pro is great at timing and pitch matching and has lots of applications in music and post production. They are offering a 30% sale on Revoice Pro licenses, rentals and upgrades is on NOW to midnight 30 April 2017. If you are not sure then you can get a 14-day free trial, and there are loads of videos to help you get the most from Revoice Pro. More details on the Synchro Arts website.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
- No Pro Tools Expert so far this month but do check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section on this page.
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s featured interview is one from the archives and it is James Ivey talking to Mastering Engineer Ian Shepherd about his work, his website Production Advice and the annual Dynamic Range Day. Ian shares some of his tips and most common mistakes that he often has to try to fix in mastering, before exploring the question - Is there anything that can't fixed in mastering?
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until June 30th buy any award-winning Apollo rackmount audio interface and get an analog dream studio filled with up to $3,500 of genuine UAD plug-ins from Studer, Lexicon, AKG, Pultec, Fairchild, Teletronix, and more! Buy an Apollo Duo or Apollo Firewire and get a plugin bundle worth $1200, buy an Apollo 8P, Apollo 8 Quad or Apollo 16 and get a plugin bundle worth $2000, or buy any 2 Apollo rack mounted interfaces, and get a plugin bundle worth $3500.
- Why I'm Sticking With My Apple Macs ... Living In The Real World
- What Is The Voice-over Microphone Everyone Should Own?
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio Solutions can handle anything from a single microphone to a complete pro audio system. From home studios large and small, to professional recording studios or post production facilities, RSPE has the expertise and equipment to build your dream studio and save you time and money. Check out a few of RSPE’s previous studio builds using the link in the podcast notes.
- Knut Richard Vanderloock wanted to share that he has got Universal Audio Apollo multi interface fully working on a Windows 10 computer with Thunderbolt 1. More to follow on this.
Questions From The Community
- Mick Tone reinstalled Pro Tools Express 10.3.4 and re-stalled his virtual instruments using the installers in his Avid Master Account following replacing a broken iLok. But when booting Pro Tools he gets an error message for each plug-in, so that when the session loads the plug-ins are not available. Can we help?
- Ed the Piper has been in touch to ask for our views on an Apollo Twin Mk II and an Antelope Audio Zen Tour. Also as he has been away from Pro Tools for a while and would like to know our thoughts about Pro Tools 10 compared to Pro Tools 12, and also some questions about the Avid subscription and upgrade plans.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Wild Ireland: The Edge of the World A beautiful documentary, shot beautifully, the music was stunning but never intrusive and a lot of the commentary was pieces to camera on location, just gorgeous. It shows that a documentary can be recorded well, shot well, edited well and mixed well - no need for subtitles.
- James - 4” Soft Bristle Paint Brush……. Makes a perfect console cleaner.
- Alan - The Zoom H5 Handy Recorder - been very handy on my recent trip to Italy, but also the discovery that if you’re data roaming in the EU, BBC iPlayer and the like think you’re still in the UK, so I was able to catch up with possibly the best series on TV at the moment - “Line Of Duty”.