Dan, Julian and Peter chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
New Podcast Sponsor - Synchro Arts
We have new podcast sponsors and it’s going to be a different brand each month. Thanks to Synchro Arts who are this month’s podcast sponsor. VocALign Pro 4 is the most advanced version of the legendary VocALign program, providing instant tight alignment of one audio signal to another. Simply capture a Guide signal with the right timing, capture a Dub signal to be aligned, press one button, and a new aligned Dub is generated and returned to your DAW. It has AudioSuite, AAX, VST3 and AU plug-in integration for most popular DAWs.But note unlike its big brother Revoice Pro, the Pitch of aligned audio is unchanged.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
- Win The Amazing zplane élastiqueAAX Time & Pitch Manipulation Plug-in
- Win Music Production Software & Plug-ins Bundle Worth £1,200
- No Pro Tools Expert so far this month but do check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section on this page.
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s featured interview is James’ interview on recording & mixing drums with Top Session Drummer Alex Thomas. They discuss Alex’s work, studio and workflow as a solo drummer with a professional studio.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until June 30th buy any award-winning Apollo rackmount audio interface and get an analog dream studio filled with up to $3,500 of genuine UAD plug-ins from Studer, Lexicon, AKG, Pultec, Fairchild, Teletronix, and more! Buy an Apollo Duo or Apollo Firewire and get a plugin bundle worth $1200, buy an Apollo 8P, Apollo 8 Quad or Apollo 16 and get a plugin bundle worth $2000, or buy any 2 Apollo rack mounted interfaces, and get a plugin bundle worth $3500.
- If You Can't Make A Decent Recording Now Then Give Up!
- 5 Reasons For Turning Down Work – Not Every Project Is Right For You Or The Client
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE has an ever-growing selection of analog and digital synthesizers, both new and vintage. So whether you’re looking for the newest synth on the market or an obscure vintage piece, consider reaching out to RSPE and see what they can do to help...
Darren Heelis wanted to bring our attention to the passing of Tom Coyne, a highly respected mastering engineer.
Questions From The Community
- Mikel F Krutzaga asks is it possible to import multiple MIDI tempo maps into the same Pro Tools session? Using Import Session Data overwrites the previous tempo map.
- Varun Krishna has an ORION 32 + and is planning to buy a PURE 2 for printing mixes from the Audient asp 8024 HE console. He asks if it's better to upgrade to ORION HD from ORION 32+ or to integrate 10MX clock to the Orion 32+ and Pure 2 setup? Is there a big difference in DA section of Orion 32 + and Orion HD? He is planning to use the Orion just for DA and will be using Pure 2 for AD and would like to know if there any significant upgrade in ADDA of OrionHD from Orion 32. If anyone knows if this is possible and knows how to do this please get in touch.
Find Of The Week
- Dan - RX6 - Dialogue Isolate
- Julian - Softube FET Compressor
- Peter - My neighbour