Avid has posted an announcement on Linked In that they want to better understand some of your workflows, and the products you use with your Avid products by filling out the appropriate (3 minute) survey for Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD, Pro Tools First, Sibelius and Media Composer Users.
They would appreciate your candid feedback regarding Pro Tools and your responses will remain completely confidential. They ask typical questions like...
- Please select all that apply to the type of work you are doing.
- Which version of Pro Tools do you currently use?
- How much value do you perceive is included in your ExpertPlus Customer Support?
- Have you used cloud collaboration capability in Pro Tools 12?
- How often do you work with other Pro Tools users
They are also looking at your buying and usage patterns by asking....
- What types of software apps/plug-ins or assets have you purchased over the past 12 months?
- Which software apps/plug-ins or assets do you most commonly use in your work? Note: This may be different to the products you recently purchased
Open Ended Questions
Then they ask you to use text boxes below to answer this question, "What are your top 3 audio editing/production challenges that you would like to find a better solution for?"
This gives you complete freedom to consider what Pro Tools isn't doing for you and if we consider it carefully and answer with Russ' article "Is It Too Easy To Complain?" in mind so your comments are constructive rather than negative, or worse still, rude then who knows they may make a difference?
The cynical of you may say that Avid aren't listening and so what's the point of wasting my time filling out yet another survey, but the statement "Decisions are made by the people in the room" comes into my mind. If you don't provide constructive feedback and do what you can to help brands like Avid make better products, then you have no grounds to complain when they don't give you what you want.
Carrying on this open-ended theme, they ask two more questions...
- How would you describe Avid's products in one sentence or less?
- What do you believe Avid can help you with, in the type of work you are doing?
I have completed the Pro Tools survey there are also surveys for Media Composer, Pro Tools First and Sibelius, so if you use these, then again do what you can to help Avid know and und understand how they can make their products better.
We would be interested to know how you answered the open-ended questions so please do share your answers in the comments below.