James, Russ and Alan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
New Podcast Sponsor - Synchro Arts
We have new podcast sponsors and it’s going to be a different brand each month. Thanks to Synchro Arts who are this month’s podcast sponsor. his month they have announced an upgrade for their Revoice Pro software. Revoice Pro v3.3 is great at timing and pitch matching, and has lots of applications in music and post production. They are also offering a 30% sale onRevoice Pro licenses, rentals and upgrades until midnight 30 April 2017. If you are not sure then you can get a 14-day free trial, and there are loads of videos to help you get the most from Revoice Pro. More details on the Synchro Arts website. With a link in the podcast notes.
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
- Win The Amazing zplane élastiqueAAX Time & Pitch Manipulation Plug-in
- Win Music Production Software & Plug-ins Bundle Worth £1,200
- No Pro Tools Expert so far this month but do check out the deals from our Partners in the Partner Deals section on this page.
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s featured interview is from Musik Messe 2017 in Frankfurt Germany, in which James Ivey talks to Igor Levin, the owner and chief designer of Antelope Audio. Igor tells us about some of his earlier work with pro-audio companies and how he developed previous well-known audio brands. He then goes on to talk about how Antelope Audio have developed as a brand from just being known for their high-end clocking solutions to being one of the premier brands in the audio interface market with models like the new Zen Studio+ and the Orion series of interfaces.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until June 30th buy any award-winning Apollo rackmount audio interface and get an analog dream studio filled with up to $3,500 of genuine UAD plug-ins from Studer, Lexicon, AKG, Pultec, Fairchild, Teletronix, and more! Buy an Apollo Duo or Apollo Firewire and get a plugin bundle worth $1200, buy an Apollo 8P, Apollo 8 Quad or Apollo 16 and get a plugin bundle worth $2000, or buy any 2 Apollo rack mounted interfaces, and get a plugin bundle worth $3500.
- Mac or Windows? - Why Processor Speed Isn't The Only Factor When Measuring Performance
- Simple Tips For A Creative Business Owner Wanting A Smooth Client Approvals Process
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Kevin Olusula from the acappella group, Pentatonix, recently chose the ASC AttackWall as the acoustic treatment in his home studio. If you haven’t come across the AttackWall, it is a portable, modular acoustic environment that eliminates the room and creates a reliable, repeatable, and accurate sonic space, which is great when you can’t fix treatment to the walls. AttackWall is available exclusively from RSPE.
- Eric Rasmusson - Feedback to James' recent switch from Mac to Windows in his Pro Tools recording studio
Questions From The Community
- Brian - Question asking how to stop Pro Tools 10 system crashing
- Jacob Smith - Question asking how to get Pro Tools 12 on Windows from crashing when record enable is selected
Find Of The Week
- James - £9.99 for a Windows only. Easily and quickly produce labels for your patchbays from hundreds of templates - www.patchcad.co
- Russ - Kodak Magnetic Inkjet Photo Pape
- Alan - A local specialist camera shop - Nothing beats Expert help and hands-on demonstrations of gear before purchasing