James, Julian and Alan chat through issues from the week's news, what they saw at BVE 2017, as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
New Podcast Sponsor - zplane
We have new podcast sponsors and it’s going to be a different brand each month. So to kick us off, thanks to zplane who are supporting the podcast this month.
Check out their new ElastiqueAAX time and pitch manipulation plugin for Pro Tools. The plugin interface has been designed to allow quick and intuitive interaction with all parameters for maximum control. élastiqueAAX is an offline Audio Suite plugin, therefore allowing to apply time-stretching and pitch-shifting much faster than real-time and we will have a review coming shortly.
Source Connect Now
As you may know we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Win a seat on the PureMix Pro Tools Advanced Editing course starting on March 20th. Until March 18th pureMix are offering the chance to win a seat on their upcoming online Pro Tools Advanced Editing Course. This course will run over 4 weeks and is designed for intermediate to advanced Pro Tools users. You'll gain a deeper understanding of the entire Pro Tools editing environment and features such as Strip Silence, Playlist Comping, Beat Detective, Elastic Audio, Groove Templates and more. But don’t delay as this competition finishes on March 18th
Win 1 of 5 Copies Of Regroover Essential By Accusonus - Enter and be in with a chance of winning one of five copies of Regroover Essential by Accusonus - worth $99
Win All the SoundBits Sound Effects Libraries - We are offering the chance for one lucky person to win all the SoundBits sound effects libraries. 3 more lucky people will win 5 SoundBits libraries of your choice, as runners up prizes.
- Save Up To 25% On Leapwing CenterOne And DynOne Plugins - Buy one of these plugins and you can save an exclusive 20% off and get them for £119.Or buy them both together for £222 and save 25%.
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
In this week’s featured interview is Pro Tools Expert Technical Editor James Ivey’s chat with Rich Nevens from Avid shot in the Steampunk demo suite at Jigsaw24 in London's Soho. Rich is currently the Director of Strategic Solutions which he explains means he looks after customer focused solutions in mainly the control surface area of the business.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until March 31st 2017 you can save up to $500 on UAD-2 DSP accelerators, buy a UAD-2 OCTO Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $500, or buy a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $300.
- Event - Make Music On A Mac - On March 9th Jigsaw24 will be hosting their first audio event of the year entitled “Mac (“Make”?) Music On A Mac” at their London Soho base. Your MC for the evening will be none other than our very own Pro Tools Expert Technical Editor James Ivey. There will be a question panel with industry professionals and a chance to check out some of the latest and greatest gear in their Steampunk demo suite.
- A Post BVE 2017 Reflection
- The Avid MTRX is now available for sale now and we can see the different modules, features, pricing etc. See our overview video and article
- When Will You Replace Your Apple Mac Pro Tools Computer? - Poll
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Kevin Olusula, part of the acappella group, Pentatonix, recently chose the ASC AttackWall as the acoustic treatment in his home studio. The AttackWall is a portable, modular acoustic environment that eliminates the room and creates a reliable, repeatable, and accurate sonic space. Its available exclusively from RSPE, and you can call to schedule a demonstration in the showroom or in your own studio. Kevin says “It changed my life”.
- Justin Arey wanted to share a tip about using Strip Silence and using all the features by manipulating the Strip Threshold, Min. Strip Duration, Clip Start Pad and Clip End Pad and using the Strip button, you can cut out your kicks, snares and toms more quickly. Another option to note is Separate Clip on Transient or Grid.
- Paul Hoffman would like us to make a video about Sound Base and SFX Workflow under 12.7 because he is still using the Mac finder for sfx editing.
Questions From The Community
- Danté Cooper would like our views on the Audient iD14 & a bundle of the FabFilter plug ins or the Apollo Twin mk II and some UAD plugins?
- Erik Gierich would like to record directly video and audio into Pro Tools, can it be done?
Find Of The Week
- James - Think Tank Photo….. Logistics Manager 30. Not a new job title but I finally now have a bag / case big enough to carry all my photo / video gear around all in one go…. Not 7 small bags just waiting for something to go missing or get broken!
- Julian - Visionary Solutions Packet AV Duet Video boxes for Dante
- Alan - The Rode smartLav+. No, nothing to do with festival toilets. Actually a great little lavalier mic designed for use with smart devices. Great value for money - review coming soon!