Our friends at UVI have today released a new rotary speaker cabinet emulation plug-in called Rotary. This new dedicated rotary plug-in has caught my eye as it looks like it could replace the old AIR DB-33 virtual instrument trick I have used for years in Pro Tools that delivers realistic rotary speaker cabinet effects in my mixes.
Watch Pro Tools Expert Tutorial - Using AIR DB-33 On Guitar And Bass In Pro Tools.
What Is Rotary By UVI?
The effects of rotary speaker cabinets are commonly heard on hammond organ recordings. The tremolo results are rich, vibrant and very distinctive. From what we have read on the UVI website, Rotary claims to be a hard core emulation of several rotary speaker cabinets coupled with clever virtual microphone features. Watch this space for a Pro Tools Expert review of Rotary in the coming weeks.
Hear Audio Examples Of Rotary By UVI
- Virtual microphone placement with Intuitive macro controls for width, distance and skew
- 3D real-time ray-traced early reflections, simulating up to third order
- Shape sounds naturally (metrics based on original horn / drum directivity measurements)
- Precise angular Doppler effect
- Realistic sound diffusion for open and closed box configurations
- Precise tone reproduction (measured horn / drum impulse responses)
- Amplifier Drive: faithful reproduction of even / odd harmonics
- Amplifier Pre-Emphasis control (compensates horn frequency response)
Demo & Purchase
UVI are offering Rotary at introductory price of 49€ (Regular 79€) - Offer ends 5th April 2017.
Download the demo from the UVI website and let us know your thoughts on Rotary.