What Is Levels?
Tom explained the reasoning behind Levels in his profile article..
At Mastering The Mix, my mission is to provide artists with mixes and masters of the highest conceivable quality. My aim is to educate music producers on ways we can achieve this together at all stages of the production process. This ethos led to the conception of LEVELS. Producers were constantly sending me mixes with the same recurring technical issues. I was repeating myself in phone conversations with both new and existing clients about how to get a technically excellent final mix. (By ‘technically excellent’ I mean not clipping, not over-compressed, good stereo spread etc. I’m not talking about musicality).
This information isn't some kind of secret sauce that I only give to my paying customers. It’s a simple yet crucial checklist that many people overlook in the final stages of their mix. The majority of these people weren’t using metering plugins because they’re difficult to understand and can smother creativity. It seemed to me there was a vacuum in the market for a producer friendly plugin that had all the tools to get a great final mix.
In August 2015 I teamed up with 29 Palms and we developed our concept for a revolutionary metering plugin that would be incredibly easy to read and understand. The visuals on ‘LEVELS’ are engaging and informative without being intimidating. The plugin will only draw your attention to elements that need fixing, which makes the user experience completely unique. Our goal was to make assessing technical information as painless and enjoyable as possible.
- Design - Retina ready. Slick and responsive user interface.
- Simplicity - The intuitive visuals in each section let you quickly diagnose and fix any issues.
- Time saving - LEVELS only draws your attention to issues.
- Performance - Very low CPU. An advantage when your session has many plugins.
- Price - Affordable for producers at all stages of their musical careers.
- Customisation - Adjustable settings to suit your needs.
- Convenience - 7 indispensable mixing and metering tools in one plugin.
- Learn - If you get stuck, click the (?) to learn how to fix your issue.
Watch Our Review Of Levels
Learn More About How To Use Levels
Tom has made two tutorials on mastering and using Levels.