Russ, James and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- MASCHINE Know-How: Sampling - Sami Rabia covers the Sampling features found in MASCHINE, along with creative ways to use them.
- Beginner's Guide to Amp Plug-Ins - In this video tutorial series, William Sprawls shows newcomers the world of virtual amp plug-ins. Learn what you need to know to get started, and how to effectively use different types of amp simulations.
Source Connect Now
As you may know we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past we have used a variety of internet based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
We don’t have a competition running this month but do check out the competitions from our partner brands in the partner section on the Win page. So far we have...
- Save 20% On Sonarworks Speaker & Headphone Calibration Products
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
In this week’s featured interview James Ivey talks to Paul Drew and Greig Watts about their company DWB Music and the songwriter's camp they run at Wisseloord Studios in Hilversum, Holland.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until March 31st 2017 you can save up to $500 on UAD-2 DSP accelerators, buy a UAD-2 OCTO Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $500, or buy a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $300.
- Pro Tools Product Road Map - Are Avid Giving Us Some Clues Here
- Our First Studio Microphones - What Was Yours
- Song Writer's Block - Tips From A Blank Page
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio Solutions are proud to announce they are now the exclusive US reseller for Non-Lethal Applications Video Slave 3. If the Avid Video Engine isn’t cutting it for you, contact RSPE to learn how Video Slave 3 greatly improve your workflow
- Graham Buttle has emailed to tell us that Thomas have the Avid HD Upgrader and Support plan for 375 Euros which with current exchange rates is cheaper than the UK price of £360.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
If you would love to “Pimp” your older Mac Pro 4.1 or 5.1 up to today’s specification but you just don’t know where to start then you should check out this post of the Create Pro Blog. They have designed upgrade paths for your machine depending on the type of work you do. Be that audio, video or high-end graphics.
- Bob Derkach is have problems locking Pro Tools to Persons Studio One. Can we help?
- Benjy Johnson was having CPU Spiking, but changing preferences fixed it except for older sessions when there were problems
- Jean-Philippe Béliveau is having problems with problem recording his operatic singing without distortion and low level.
- Carlos Novais with MacBook Pro is a little sluggish especially as he needs to run other software on it as well, he would like to know if he can Pro Tools on an external drive? Check out this video from Russ Hughes
Find Of The Week
- Russ - McDSP EC300 - I have got a pre-release copy - its awesome.
- James - A little trick to help store your patch cables. Find an old 1” or 2” tape real from the old day & strew it to the side of a rack or other vertical surface. Hang cables. I found 1 on eBay for £12. I did have to unwind the tape by hand!
- Julian - Softube TSAR-1R Reverb plugin