Dan, Alan and Julian chat through issues and highlights from the week's news as well as the usual Pro Tools tips, tricks and community questions answered.
Podcast Sponsor - Synchro Arts
This month’s sponsor is Exponential Audio, Michael Carnes has been busy working on the next generation of immersive audio reverbs and Exponential Audio have just announced their new Stratus and Symphony reverbs, which develop the 3D link technology already existing in the Phoenixverb and R2 plug-ins. These stunning new reverbs offer up to 22.2 (with the 3D option) and even up to 7.1 in the standard versions. These reverbs have been designed with post-production in mind and offer unprecedented dynamic control and reverb manipulation, to ensure that dialogues and effects retain clarity within the 3D audio soundscape.
You can watch Michael explain the challenges facing re-recording mixers working in immersive audio.
- Save 30% On Exclusive Sknote Plug-in Bundle Of AAX DSP Plug-ins - £68.
This month we are offering a saving of 30% on an exclusive bundle of 3 Sknote plug-ins that are available in the AAX DSP plug-in format - Disto-S - An emulation of the infamous Distressor from Empirical Labs, DolA - A plug-in version of the old tracking brightening trick using the encoder side of a Dolby A noise reduction system and EchoTaps which covers the history of delay units in one plug-in. We are selling this exclusive bundle of 3 AAX DSP plug-ins for £68.00 plus taxes which is a saving of 30% over the current pricing of the 3 plug-ins, but that includes the AES launch price of $49 for the Disto-S, but the normal price will be $299.
- Save 30% on zplane reTune Real-Time Multi-Pitch Modiﬁcation Plug-in - Sale Price £84
During the month of November, Pro Tools Expert is offering 30% off on the zplane reTune Real-Time Multi-Pitch Modiﬁcation Plug-in, making it an absolute bargain at £84 (excl vat). reTune is a cross-platform plug-in for real-time multi-pitch modiﬁcations, which gives you full access to the pitch content of your audio samples and enables you to map each input pitch to any other pitch of the chromatic scale – all in real-time. This allows you to re-tune your audio to any target key (for example, from D major to C# minor), or to use it as a creative tool to modify the pitch content in any way you like. If you are unsure about the key of your input audio, you can let reTune estimate the key for you. In addition, reTune can act as a pitch correction tool that quantizes pitches to the nearest semitone. Check out Eli Krantzberg’s exclusive review on the deal page.
- Also don’t forget to check out the deals from our Partners, in the Partner Deals section on our Deals page.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
This month our friends at Universal Audio are offering at least 30% off their range of Unison Enabled plug-ins that capture the essential “sweet spots,” and circuit behaviours of iconic hardware from the likes of Ampeg, API, Fender, Manley, Marshall, Neve and SSL.
- How to get around the issues of recall when integrating hardware with DAWs
- Two Pro Tools feature requests articles: Routing Automation In Pro Tools - Do We Need It - Poll? and Would You Like To Have A Split View In The Pro Tools Edit Window?
- Win A One Year PureMix Pro Membership
Our friends at PureMix have offered the Pro Tools Expert community a one year Pro Membership, usually costing $299 in this giveaway. Pro Membership gives full access to the hundreds of hours of top quality tutorial content from big name engineers including Andrew Scheps and Mick Guzauski.
- Win Wavesfactory Mercury Piano
Three Chances To Win, Wavesfactory, creators of plug-ins and Kontakt libraries, have kindly donated one copy of the Mercury piano and two copies of Mercury Lite piano. Mercury piano is a grand piano instrument for Kontakt Player featuring a Fazioli F-228 recorded at Metropolis Studios in London.
- Don’t forget to check out our win page, to discover more opportunities to win pro audio software and gear from our Partners, in the Partner Win section, on our Win page.
Community Questions Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Egbert Habes has a question about getting Pro Tools 11 HD to play nicely with Windows 10
- Joel Peck has a question about getting into Dolby Atmos
- Jørgen Jensaas wants advice about buying a new Mac
- Maciej Kłębukowski has latency issues when using an Eleven Rack
- Matthias Bräu wants advice about which control surface to use to control plug-ins
Source Connect Now
As you may know, we are spread out around the UK & Europe when we record the podcast. In the past, we have used a variety of internet-based solutions so we could hear each other. We have settled on Source Connect Now which gives us ISDN equivalent quality audio using a Chrome browser, no software to install. You can get a free account from Source Elements.
Find Of The Week
- Alan - Friends when you move house/studio
- Julian - Valhalla Freq Echo
- Dan - Furman Power Conditioner