Russ, Dan and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
If you're looking for a new keyboard instrument, or want to know everything about Applied Acoustics Systems EP-4 electric piano VI then check out "Lounge Lizard EP-4 Explained" by our very own Eli Krantzberg today. And it's free! Just log in or register for a free Groove 3 account to watch.
- Save 74% On AIR Music Producer Pack - £68 (regular £260)
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This week’s featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is James’ NAMM 2017 interview with the Fabulous Fab Dupont at the UA booth. Well worth a watch.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until March 31st 2017 you can save up to $500 on UAD-2 DSP accelerators, buy a UAD-2 OCTO Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $500, or buy a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite Thunderbolt, USB, or PCIe card save $300.
- 5 Audio Recording Industry Predictions For 2017
- First Impressions In The Music Industry - Attitude Is Everything
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE Audio are Avid Pro Tools Specialists, so if you are based in California and you have any questions about Pro Tools Software or Hardware upgrades, then contact RSPE for expert service and the best prices.
- Rob Ibsen after the story in podcast 253 about damage in transit, wanted to share details about a company called Shockwatch who have devices that turn read if it has been dropped. /
- Matt Kupferman couldn’t find MuteTone from Tritone Digital which we had featured a few years ago. But it would appear TriTone have disappeared, do we have any suggestions? We have an article about alternatives for MuteTone and check out Muteomatic from Sound Radix.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Create Pro posted a cool blog called “The Mac Through The Ages - From 1987 To Present Day” This is well worth checking out - it reminded me how far computing technology power has come in the last 30 years.
- Stuart Emerson has just upgraded his Mac Pro from 4.1 to 5.1 but is still having CPU spikes what do we suggest?
- Eric Rasmusson asks if it is possible to move selected midi notes in the midi editor up and down without using the mouse? Yes as long as you have a numeric keyboard.
- Nudge: moves notes forwards or backwards by nudge value
- Control+Nudge: moves notes up and down in pitch be a semitone.
- Option+Nudge: move note start by nudge value
- Command+Nudge: move note end by nudge value.
- Bruce Halstad asks for our thoughts on the Icon Pro Audio Q Con Pro X as a control surface for Pro Tools.
- Kenneth Johnson asks for our recommendations for an interface in the $600 to $800 range.
Find Of The Week
- Dan - Softube Console 1, looking forward to Console 1 MKII software release
- Russ - Nektar Impact LX25 controller
- Julian - McDSP EC-300