Mike, James and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Songwriting & Producing with Toontrack: Dream Pop - In this video tutorial series, Luke Oswald and Spencer Hansen return, and this time create a dream pop song from scratch, using only Toontrack products and a DAW. See it built from nothing, all the way to mix and master!
The cupboard is bare at the moment.
- Save 74% On AIR Music Producer Pack - £68 (regular £260)
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is James’ Interview with Mastering Engineer Ian Shepherd about his current work, his website Production Advice and the annual Dynamic Range Day.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
If you are a UAD-2 plug-in user then you need to know that Universal Audio will very soon be ending their long-standing legacy plug-in upgrade offer. Till the end of January 2017, you can still upgrade from the original 1176, LA-2A, Pultec and Fairchild Legacy plug-ins to the Collections for just £75 each when you use your £40 January coupon. Available for registered UAD-2 users only.
- Pro Tools 12 Satisfaction Poll
- Thunderbolt Audio Interfaces Fast Becoming The New Standard
- Are TV Mixes Becoming Too Cinematic?
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE Audio are serious Avid Pro Tools Specialists - If you have any questions about Pro Tools Software or Hardware upgrades, then consider contacting RSPE for expert service and the best prices, what more could you want?
- Justin Arey from Eleven Rack Presets has also had time to reflect over the holiday break and as a result of listening to a box of old headphones that careful listening is really important and also interested what our favourite headphones are.
- Nikos from Greece would be interested in a comparison between an Audient iD22, Apollo Twin and the Avid Quartet.
- Lukas Zimmerman would like us to do a podcast on Pro Tools stability after a comment on a previous podcast on 12.6.1 is the best yet. Also he would like our views on a Mac Pro trashcan versus a quad core Mac Mini.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
There is nothing like a good end of the year (or start of the next) round up story. Check out the Create Pros round up or the best and not so best tech from 2016.
- Lacopo Marchi would like our opinion on the Kurzweil Micropiano.
- Hugo de la Cerda is looking for Windows installers on the Roger Nichols Signature Bundle of plugins. They are now under the name Axis Plugins
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Todd-AO Absentia DX dialog restoration app
- James - So with a new desk comes the need for some new racks and studio furniture. Check out Chunky Furniture as all their stuff is made from recycled timber. Review to follow when it arrives.
- Julian - The Loopback feature in Focusrite Control Software. It’s been around a long time but I’m new to it. It’s simple and it works doing something which can be such a faff using software only methods.