Russ, James, Mike and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Eiosis e2 Desser Explained - Eli Krantzberg shows the ins and outs of this amazing plug-in, Watch and learn how to quickly and easily eliminate annoying S's, T's, plosives and harshness, on vocals, instruments, and even reverb.
- Win 1 of 5 Copies Of e2 Desser By Eiosis http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/win-source/2016/8/30/win-1-of-5-copies-of-e2-desser-by-eiosis
- Win One Of Three Copies Of Falcon By UVI - Worth 349€ http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/win-source/2016/8/25/win-one-of-three-copies-of-falcon-by-uvi-worth-349
- Check out our Partner section of the Win Page
- Tovusound Edward Ultimate Foley Instruments - Save Up To 25%
- Offer 1 - Edward Ultimate Bundle - £225 - 25% Discount
- Offer 2 - Edward Ultimate Clothes+Props - £89 - 20% Discount
- Offer 3 - Edward Ultimate Clothes+Props Upgrade - £59 - 20% Discount
- Save 74% On AIR Music Producer Pack - £68 in association with Plugin Boutique.
- Dehumaniser II By Krotos Audio - Get a 20% Discount on the Modular Node Based Creature Sound Design System, as used on “The Jungle Book” and “Avengers - Age of Ultron”, making it £360 +vat.
- Check out our Partner section on the Deals page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
We have spent some time curating all the excellent interviews we have undertaken over the years into a brand new Interviews page. This week features Nir Averbuch From Sound Radix in which Mike Thornton talks Nir about how Sound Radix came about, their interesting mission statement and more
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until September 30th, UAD are offering 20% off their 20 best selling plugins, from vintage channel strips and tube compressors, to iconic reverbs and guitar amps, like the Manley Massive Passive EQ, the Neve 1073 Collection and the Lexicon 224 reverb. Check out the full list on the UAD web site.
- Mixing in Stereo: Adding Width and Depth to Your Recordings
- Tour Of Challow Park Studios - Part 1 We also talk about James' studio roof replacement and Russ' new studio build and here is teaser of what it will look like.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are confused about what Pro Tools Upgrade you should go for, then be one of the first to use RSPE Audio's Pro Tools Upgrade Configurator. All you need to do is answer a couple of easy questions and Configurator will help find the right upgrade plan for you!
- Ken Burk was a little surprised on our discussion in last week’s show on fixing it in the mix and makes the point that you need to know your market and produce appropriately.
- Andres Gonzalez would like to highlight the need to educate all about ground loops as it has taken him five years to resolve all his ground loops issues.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
If House Music is your thing then check this interview with Josh Butler on the Create Pro Blog pages. Josh talks about his tour with Chic, his Create Pro pimped Mac Pro, DAWs DJing and more.
- Ben Lowe has problems with his 96 I/O interface with the first 4 inputs not working and would value our advice.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people. See this picture of James with his first drum kit aged 4.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
So if I said “Prepared Piano” would you know what I meant? How about creating a Prepared Piano style sound or patch in a VI. Well take a look at the video by pianist Jordan Seigel playing and transform an upright piano using Movement. It’s a short one but a good one.
- Russ - Canary
- Mike - Sea View Bar, Mellieha in Malta
- James - Not so much a find more what I haven’t found…. Any more water on the inside of the studio….. Other than the stuff in a glass or a bottle. The studio now has a new roof. Not sexy but very practical.
- Julian - Exponential Audio Excalibur - I’m late to the party but it’s great