PreSonus, makers of Studio One, have announced a new compact control surface called Faderport 8, with a price tag of $599 and estimated street price of less than $500. It offers support for most popular DAWs including Pro Tools.
Faderport 8 includes 8 touch-sensitive, motorized, 100 mm faders and 57 buttons covering 78 different functions, Quickly zoom in on audio files for editing, adjust your click-track tempo with a simple tap, modify plug-in parameters, manage aux mixes—and, of course, control track levels with the touch of a finger.
One feature that PreSonus are keen to talk about is the Session Navigator;
You’ll find countless ways to take advantage of the FaderPort 8’s Session Navigator. This unique and flexible control lets you edit and mix your tracks with far greater efficiency and speed:
- Navigate quickly through your track using the encoder, or one at a time with the arrow buttons
- Zoom in and out to make edits using the encoder. Need to make your tracks bigger or smaller? Tap the arrow buttons!
- Scroll through your timeline, using the encoder, or work measure by measure with the arrow buttons
- Bank through tracks quickly with the encoder or one bank at a time with the arrow buttons
- Turn on the click track and change the tempo using the encoder or the arrow button; simply press the encoder to tap the tempo
- Open the marker track and navigate markers using the encoder or the arrow buttons, and drop a marker by pressing the encoder
- Navigate quickly through sections in the Arranger track in Studio One or through Events with DAWs that support Mackie Control/HUI
- Maintain constant control over your master fader
PreSonus say of Freeport 8;
"Rather than forcing you to revise your mixing method, the FaderPort 8 augments the way you currently mix. You still use your faithful keyboard and mouse for things they do well, and the FaderPort 8 handles the features you want to get your fingers on, allowing you to customize your workflow. Large, illuminated buttons make finding the function you need quick and easy. Eight high-definition digital scribble strips provide visual feedback. And if you select a track with your mouse, the FaderPort 8 will follow your selection, giving you yet another way to get to the function you need, right when you need it. This is DAW control the way you always hoped it could be!"
Price will be $599.99 USD with estimated street price of $499 - shipping TBA.