Universal Audio have released v8.7 of their UAD software which also features Manley® VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In, the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-in and the Classics FX Bundle.
Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-in
Introduced in 1997, the Manley VOXBOX combined the best of Manley’s audio designs, including their high-fidelity tube mic preamp, vactrol optical compressor, Pultec-style passive EQ, and de-esser/limiter into a formidable 3U package.
Developed under Manley Labs’ rigorous scrutiny, the UAD Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip Plug-In has been designed to capture every section of this modern classic channel strip for vocal production.
The Manley VOXBOX plug-in also supports Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology, giving Apollo users the VOXBOX’s all-important impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making it a distinctive channel strip. EveAnna Manley, President of Manley Labs told us...
I am impressed by the high level of authenticity and diligence the UA team embodies to make the Manley plug-ins as faithful to the original hardware as possible. We have all worked hard to make the Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in the most accurate ever. No mean feat when you remember that it is a complex, multi-function unit — that is a lot of work!
The Manley VOXBOX Channel Strip plug-in is also available as part of the new Manley Complete Plug-In Bundle ($699), which includes the Manley Massive Passive EQ and Variable Mu Compressor Limiter plug-ins.
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of Manley’s state-of-the-art vocal channel strip exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Provides the clarity and headroom of Manley’s high-fidelity, Class A tube mic preamp
- Features Manley’s famous optical compressor with 25 Attack and Release combinations and Pultec-style passive EQ with 33 selectable frequencies
- Additional tube-based de-esser/limiter section
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Manley’s VOXBOX thanks to precise impedance matching
Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-in
The Ampeg B-15 bass amp defined the sound of recorded electric bass. From Motown sides with James Jamerson to classic Stax records with Donald “Duck” Dunn, this 30-watt, 1x15, all-tube combo delivered a warm and fat fundamental note that laid the foundation for ’60s and ’70s rock, funk, and soul.
Developed by Brainworx, the Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In is designed to perfectly emulate the circuitry, tone stack, and thump of Ampeg’s limited-edition Heritage B-15N bass amp.
Harnessing UA’s Unison™ technology, the Ampeg B-15N plug-in gives you the impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making this iconic bass combo one of the most recorded bass amps in history.
The Ampeg B-15N Bass Amplifier Plug-In is also part of the new Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle, which includes the Ampeg SVT-VR Bass Amplifier and Ampeg SVT-3 PRO Bass Amplifier Plug-ins for $299.
- Expertly modeled version of the legendary B-15N from Ampeg, exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
- Modern workflow enhancements including an onboard FX Rack and 42 recording chains
- Two flavors of the iconic B-15 circuit — 1964 and 1966 — each with switchable bias controls
- Re-Amp previously recorded DI bass tracks to add warmth and depth
- Available as part of the Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle which includes three Ampeg bass amps and the Brainworx bx_tuner
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Ampeg’s B-15N bass amp thanks to impedance matching
Classic FX Bundle
Based on iconic Roland/Boss units from the ’70s, the Classic FX Bundle for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces gives you three distinct analog units that changed the sound of modern music. From the subliminal shades of the Studio D Chorus to the ultra-thick Brigade Chorus Pedal or the sci-fi textures of the Galaxy Tape Echo, this trio of retro analog classics will bring your mixes to life.
What Is In The Classic FX Bundle
Galaxy Tape Echo - In 1973, Roland created the RE-201 Space Echo* — a tape delay/spring reverb system that created warm, warped, unabashedly analog echo effects. From subtle tape textures to mindbending chaos, this iconic contraption can be heard on classic Pink Floyd and David Bowie, as well as seminal dub sides from King Tubby, Scientist, and Lee “Scratch” Perry. The Galaxy Tape Echo plug-in is an exhaustive emulation of the iconic, legendary ’70s unit, and expertly captures the physical behavior of the inspiring hardware, down to its gritty distortion, musical wow and flutter, sci-fi pitch shifting, and real time tweakability.
Brigade Chorus Pedal - Revered for its warm, organic modulation and chewy pitch-shifting vibrato, the BOSS CE-1 Chorus Ensemble* was the first ever production stompbox chorus. Introduced in 1976, this heavy-duty pewter box quickly dazzled players and producers with its luxuriant, dreamy textures. The Brigade Chorus Pedal plug-in emulates every inch of this legendary pedal, expertly capturing its legendary bucket-brigade circuit to deliver captivating chorus shimmer and wobbly vibrato that works on nearly any source.
Studio D Chorus - Introduced in 1979, the Roland Dimension D* chorus is famous for injecting spatialization, and sweet, subtle modulation. Used as a “secret sauce” by everyone from Brian Eno to Stevie Ray Vaughan, this legendary rack piece is an ideal example of functional simplicity. The Studio D Chorus plug-in is an exacting emulation of this sought-after rack unit, deftly capturing its musical bucket-brigade circuit, the key to its complex range of sounds and textures.
Suggested Uses For The Classic FX Bundle
- Use the Galaxy Tape Echo to add subtle tape delay or colorful cacophony to drums, vocals, guitars, and synths
- Harness the Galaxy Tape Echo’s distortion, wow and flutter, and pitch shifting, for organic time-based effects
- Use the Studio D Chorus to enhance tracks and add pop and interest
- Add subtle spatial effects to instruments and buses with the Studio D Chorus
- Give thickness, width, and shimmer to guitars, vocals, drums, pianos, and more with the Brigade Chorus Pedal
- Sculpt subtle detuned textures or all out warble with the Brigade Chorus Pedal’s vibrato circuit