Mike, Julian and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- The Art Of Recording A Big Band from Al Schmitt is now available for streaming and download from Groove3 for $24.99 to download or available for streaming with the Groove3 All Access Pass. The Art of Recording a Big Band was filmed at the famed Capitol Studios in Hollywood, CA, over the course of a two-day master class by industry legend Al Schmitt and partner, Steve Genewick recording Chris Walden's GRAMMY® Awards-nominated 18-piece jazz big band and is available as a DVD.
- Win One Of Five Copies Of MixChecker From Audified
- Check out the Partner section of the Win page
- Boz Digital Labs - Save 40% On Three Separate Plug-ins - Manic Compressor £67, Imperial Delay £67 & T-Bone £21
- AIR Music Synth Bundle £60 - 60% off
- FREE Nugen Audio AB Assist Plug-in - Exclusive To Production Expert - Now In AAX, AU & VST Formats
- Check out the Partner section on the Deals page
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until September 30th, when you purchase a new 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp, you’ll get a UAD-2 QUAD Core PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core (Thunderbolt or FireWire) DSP Accelerator with the Analog Classics Plus Plug-In Bundle — absolutely FREE!
- Review - Townsend Labs Sphere L22 Microphone System
- Recording - 5 Reasons Mic Preamps Matter
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE have arranged a great event on August 11th 2016 from 7pm to 9pm where they will be presenting all the Avid control surfaces from a Composer perspective. They are planning to have a range of guest speakers each of whom will share their experiences of using each of the Avid control surfaces from the Artist Mix to the Pro Tools S3 and Pro Tools Dock, to the flagship Pro Tools S6 demonstrated Mick Guzauski.
- Mike Berry wrote to thank Mike and Eric for helping him use izotope’s RX5 with his HD Omni system.
- Justin Arey who runs the excellent Eleven Racks Presets site would like our advice as whether to renew his HD Upgrade and Support Subscription plan especially when Avid are yet to fix the Core Audio problems with El Capitan.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Don’t forget that Create Pro are not only about building great Mac Pro based systems but they also can put together great Windows based systems based around the HP Z820 with up to 24 CPU cores, 512GB RAM, 3 full sized GPUs, huge internal storage & ultimate connectivity.
- Mathew Mitchell has recently bought iZotope’s RX5 Advanced and Mike’s RX5 Explained series from Groove3 and has a couple of questions about presets he saw in Mike’s tutorial videos. Here is a link to download my presets for Mouth Clicks, and Loudness presets.
- Chris Allen would like our advice on bouncing and using track commit in Pro Tools 12 especially when using hardware in the chain.
- Reginald Crittendon is having problems when opening sessions from other users so that they open using ASIO4All rather than his Playback Engine.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
Check out the latest addition to the Output family of products Rev X-Loops. A cut down version of the amazing reverse sample engine. Rev x-loops is a single REV engine for just $99 and has loads of new exciting revers content that the full version of REV does not have.
- Mike - The Facebook 360 Spatial Workstation group It is a public group but you do need join if you want to post or comment
- Julian - Sennheiser MD441
- Dan - Vinyl Strip by Audio Thing