The Fender '55 Tweed Deluxe Plug-in is the first 100% UA-developed guitar amplifier plug-in exclusively for Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 hardware.
One of Leo Fender's first and finest amp designs, the Fender Deluxe was introduced in 1946. After various circuit tweaks, Fender eventually landed on the now historic "wide-panel" 5E3 Deluxe in 1955. This amplifier’s touch-sensitivity has a dynamic range from clean and sweet, to overdriven raunch that’s made it a go-to recording amp for the likes of Larry Carlton, Neil Young, Mike Campbell, Daniel Lanois, and Billy Gibbons.
More than two years extensive research and development by UAD, with the intention of capturing every single component of two “golden unit” 1955 Fender Deluxe amps — from vintage speaker paper and tubes to filter caps and transformers — the essential ingredients that make the 1955 Deluxe an iconic “secret weapon” recording amp.
Featuring an assortment of microphone combinations, as well as three different classic speaker types, the Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe plug-in includes Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology; Apollo users’ guitar pickups will see the exact impedance load as if plugging into a vintage 1955 Fender Deluxe — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe Plug-In Key Features
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of an original 1955 Fender “5E3” Tweed Deluxe amplifier, exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Choose from three different speaker types: stock 1955 Jensen P12R, Celestion 25-watt Greenback, and JBL D120F*
- Choose different microphone combinations and placements — without phase issues
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original 1955 Fender Tweed Deluxe amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- Price $199
UAD Chandler Limited Curve Bender Mastering EQ Plug-in
Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by Softube, the Chandler Limited Curve Bender Mastering EQ plug-in is designed to be an exacting emulation of this ultra-boutique, inductor-based EQ. Based on the vintage EMI TG12345 desk from Abbey Road Studios, the same one used to record Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Beatles' Abbey Road, Chandler Limited’s Curve Bender Mastering EQ takes the warm, legendary sonics of the vintage EMI unit, and expands it into a powerful mastering EQ.
Endorsed by Chandler Limited founder Wade Goeke, Softube emulated the Chandler Limited’s Curve Bender circuits end-to-end, including its filter inductors, germanium transistors, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities. This allows the Curve Bender plug-in to retain the hardware’s rich harmonics and vintage tone.
Chandler Limited Curve Bender Mastering EQ Plug-In Key Features:
- Exacting emulation of this modern classic EQ for mixing and mastering, fully authenticated by Chandler Limited
- Based on the vintage EMI TG12345 desk used to record The Beatles and Pink Floyd
- Models entire Chandler Limited Curve Bender electronic path including transformers and circuit nonlinearities
- Plug-in only features include Mid/Side functionality and channel linking
- Price $299
Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2 Plug-in
The Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2 plug-in is well known being able to transparently increases the volume, density, and presence without losing transients or dynamics. Featuring the latest generation of Oxford Limiter's inter-sample peak (ISP) detection — introduced for the first time on the UAD platform — this powerful plug-in is an essential tool for engineers looking for an uncolored, accurate limiter as a “final stage” for their masters.
Being an intersample peak limiter makes this an excellent tool to use in loudness workflows where we are working very close to digital headroom as the difference between True Peak, which is what intersample limiters provide and sample peak can be up to 6dB and so when working within a dB or two this is really important.
Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2 Plug-In Key Features:
- Professional mastering-grade peak limiting with attack, release and variable soft-knee
- Enhance section to increase perceived loudness without gain pumping effects
- Auto Comp fixes reconstruction errors without losing overall loudness, while conforming to the industry's true peak measurement standard (ITU-R BS. 1770-4)
- Comprehensive high-quality dither and noise shaping options
- Price $249