Last week we brought you the announcement of the new VocalSynth from iZotope and so sooner than it was out than our friends at Groove3 have released VocalSynth Explained - a video tutorial series on how to use VocalSynth. Even better, until May 31st anyone can watch it free. Until then you don't need to subscribe to Groove3 or pay to download this tutorial series.
Why Was This My Find Of The Week?
Well the release of izotope's VocalSynth was well timed. I have been thinking about a plug-in to have on hand when clients need a different vocal effect or a robot sound or a computer speaking and VocalSynth looked like it had all the tools I would need. However using a vocoder etc isn't something I do every day so I needed a tutorial series to show me how to use VocalSynth and our friends at Groove3 have come up trumps with VocalSynth Explained.
Even better anyone can watch it for free until May 31st, so if you are like me and you have taken a look at the demo version of VocalSynth and feel you need some help to get more out of it before parting with the cash to buy the plugin then you can watch this tutorial series for free and find out how good VocalSynth is. Top marks to both iZotope and Groove 3.
More About VocalSynth Explained
VocalSynth is iZotope's new twist on the vintage vocoder, and in this in-depth video tutorial series Sami Rabia teaches you how to make it sing! You can learn it inside out as well as how to get creative with VocalSynth to create both classic and cutting edge new sounds!
After showing you around VocalSynth's GUI, Sami instructs you how to set up VocalSynth and access its presets. He then demonstrates the pitch correction parameters, and all four vocal processors and their powerful sound shaping capabilities.
In addition, Sami expands on his tour of the parameters by exploring the effects section of VocalSynth and guides you in sound design, showing you how to effectively combine unmatched sources using its processors and effects, and that you're not limited to only processing vocals.
What Is in VocalSynth Explained?
- Introduction & GUI Overview (04:41) - Sami begins the series with an overview of VocalSynths layout.
- Loading & Using Presets (08:01) - Learn how to set up VocalSynth and use the presets as a starting point.
- Pitch Correction (07:13) - In this video Sami demonstrates the different parameters controlling pitch correction.
- The Processors (16:05) - Get familiar with the different vocal processors and their powerful sound shaping capabilities.
- The Effects Section (09:02) - Find out how easy it is to finish and polish your sounds with the included effects.
- Sound Design Session Pt. 1 (06:15) - Sami demonstrates how to effectively combine two unmatched sources using pitch correction and the on-board processors.
- Sound Design Session Pt. 2 (09:05) - VocalSynth is much more than a vocal processor; Sami shows you how far you can take a drum loop.