Russ, Mike, James and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
McDSP 6050 Explained - Michael Costa begins by showing you how McDSP's previous plug-ins lead to the McDSP 6050 and demystifies the new 6050 interface and basic controls of the various modular plug-ins.
- The Sampling Handbook - 20% Discount
- Boz Digital Mixing Bundle £100 - 50% Discount
- TrainYourEars V2 EQ Ear Training Software £31 - 20% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Its never been done before - Gear Test - 6 UAD-2 Octo Cards With Pro Tools. Not even UAD have tried to put this many UAD cards together, check out this video and see how James got on with this much UAD DSP power.
- We ran a story for a bit of fun - Pro Tools - Mix In The Box Or Take An SSL E Series For Free? So we thought we would see what the podcast team would do if they were offered this SSL E Series desk… Then we muse if it wasn’t an SSL, what large format desk would be choose.
- So Avid have made a number of announcements over the weekend and we talk about these and explore is this a new side of Avid or more of the same.
- Pro Tools Control App Update
- Eucon 3.4 Update
- Avid start shipping the Pro Tools Dock
- Special offers until 30th Sept 2016..
- Get $100 worth of free pureMix tutorials when you buy Pro Tools
- Artist Mix Price Down from $1259 to $999
- Free Pro Tools upgrades with Duet or Quartet. Either one year subscription or 2 years of upgrade plan.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE has HD to HDX Upgrades available at last years prices. So if you're looking to upgrade from HD to HDX , RSPE still has a selection of upgrade options available at last years prices. You will need to contact RSPE direct to see if your upgrade is still available as these deals aren't available online.
- Robert Bowlus wanting to remind all of us to make sure Theft and Loss Coverage is on when you have the Zero Downtime option on your iLok account.
- David Ondusko would like us to make a video showing how to do streamers for ADR using Video Slave Pro 2.
- Ric Kohlbeck would like Russ to make a video on using Kontakt in Studio One.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
So in the words of Queen (not The Queen) It finally happened. The 6 Octo Card and Pro Tool Gear Test has gone live on the site. But How do we get 6 cards in a Mac Pro. Well we used a Cubix Chassis. Check them out at the link to the Create Pro Web site and see part 1 of the gear test…
- Steve Bull is moving his studio from a room in the house to a shed and wanted advice from the team members who already work in a shed.
- Amir Omar would like to know if there are any sampler plug-ins that support drag and drop like Structure used to offer before AAX.
- Marcus Bornold wants to know if Russ did a "boom, channel strip, D-verb" test on his Mac Pro trashcan.
- Thomas Medrano had a problem when getting a message that Pro Tools cannot find 20 files and Automatically Find and Relink hasn’t been successful. What advice do we have for this scenario.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Yosemite on my backup drive
- Mike - Sony 7509 headphones. Finally found another pair on Ebay as my original pair failed. Been making do with a pair of 7510s but glad to have a pair of 7509s again.
- James - The Tangerine VCA Automation Interface For SSL by THD-LABS
- Dan - Sensus, claimed to be the world’s first real smart guitar.