Greg Wurth returns with an in depth look at the highly anticipated Arouser plugin by Empirical labs. Greg shows you it being used in a mix, find out what it sound like in the hands of a pro.
Empirical Labs Arouser Features
- Empirical Labs Classic Knee Compression in a Plugin… Finally!
- Foolproof operation – It is almost impossible to get a bad sound.
- Empirical Labs Famous White Knobs, with parameter readout and direct entry.
- Proprietary Empirical Labs Detector modeling. High resolution.
- Broadband Saturator, controllable by user. A novel approach was used to allow amazing control over peaks.
- Unique AtMod™ Attack Modification Control. Changes the shape of the initial attack, and can lengthen attack times in a different manner than the ATTACK control.
- HP Sidechain EQ
- BP Sidechain EQ
- Rivet, a brick wall ratio great on room mics, and for skimming peaks.
- Linkable with the stereo version.
- BLEND Control – Mix in the dry signal with the compressed one.
- Mix “DryLevel” control. Adjust this control so that full WET and full DRY have the same apparent level.
- 20 Lock n Load Presets, finely tuned and named intuitively. More coming down the line.
- Backwards compatible features coming.