This morning I was having a chat with Pro Tools Expert's resident gear junkie, our own James Ivey and in the context of some gentle teasing about his love of gear, by the end of the discussion we ended up formulating a hypothetical question designed to see how much of a gear head you really are:
You can have a free 24 channel SSL E Series (Image courtesy of Solid State Logic)! But there are some conditions…
- The mixer is in good condition but hasn’t been refurbished.
- Transport and installation is free.
- You can’t sell it or break it for spares or racking up channels/modules.
- You have to use it every time you work in Pro Tools.
- You are responsible for all running costs and maintenance.
- If you get rid of it or stop using it you have to pay for it at current market value.
- If you keep it for 5 years, sticking to the conditions it’s yours, no strings attached.
So, would you take it?