Russ, Mike, James and Alan work through the backlog of questions from the community.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Check out their All Access Pass for either $15 per month or $150 for a year.
- Check out our Competitions page
- Check out our Deals page
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Thanks to Universal Audio who sponsor our talking points, you can purchase and register any new Apollo rackmount interface from an authorised UA retailer between April 1st and June 30th, 2016… ...And get SSL and UA tape emulation plug-ins FREE! Turn your DAW into a high-end analog studio.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Thanks to RSPE Audio Solutions for their support and sponsorship. Do check out the Designers Perspective section of their site as they have videos from the designers of some of the greatest gear in the world.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Check out the fantastic video interview with Steve Monti on the Create Pro blog. He talks about projects both past and present and his current recording workflow.
- Paul Robinson would like us to share the rest of the specs and secrets from the 5 Reasons Why I Use A Windows PC For Pro Tools
- Emmanuel Lopez would like some help using Machine to control Pro Tools - check out Russ’ tutorial on our premium video channel
- Derrick Jones would like some advice on how to merge two sessions together because his system has limited resources and cannot handle larger sessions.
- Chris Horne has been having problems opening Pro Tools Express on his Windows Pro Tools computer. Can we help?
- Léon Perena would like to know if you get Pro Tools 10 when buying Pro Tools 12?
- Marc Landry is having problems getting a Midas M32 and an Apollo Mk1 Firewire interfaces together with Pro Tools.
- Daniel Emerson has Pro Tools Express and is considering renting Pro Tools 12 and would like to know what will happen with plug-ins with Pro Tools 12 and and Pro Tools Express when he stops renting Pro Tools 12.
- Ben Rubin and Steve Harrison would like to know what version of the Mac OS we would recommend to use with Pro Tools 12.
- Chris Masters is having problems with Pro Tools 12.4 on a Mac Pro trash can reporting Permissions issues when opening sessions.
- Ross Yildiz is having problems with distorted audio on his Windows based Pro Tools computer using Pro Tools 9 M Powered especially with Superior Drummer. What can he do to fix it?
- Lachy O’Shannessy has been using Pro Tools SE on a Windows computer. Now he is on a Mac he wants to know what version of Pro Tools he can use to open the sessions he has created using Pro Tools SE.
- Terry Phillips would like our thoughts on ideas for USB interfaces that are cross platform. He has looked at the USB version of the Apollo Twin and Persons 192 Mobile.
- Stephan Wunderlich is looking for a plug-in that would have a DJ Cross fader to make it easier to manage parallel processing etc.
- Brian Russ needs to transfer some archive tapes from ADAT and Tascam DTRS formats. He would like our advice how to do this and whether he should to the transfer digitally.
Get To Know The Team
In this new feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Antelope Orion interface
- Mike - Avid have released a detailed response to the QuickTime On Windows issue
- James - Merging Horus…. There are interfaces and then there is the Horus. Best sounding interface I have ever heard. Video to follow.
- Alan - Presonus E66, Eris 5 and Temblor 10 monitors - article to come, so no spoilers! Also been “re-finding” the D-Command, and being pleasantly surprised.