Focusrite are concentrating on Rednet and Dante products at this year's NAB in Las Vegas. They have announced the A8R providing 8 channels of analog I/O for RedNet, RedNet PCIeR Card for Dante networks and finally that Focusrite have been awarded their third Queen's Award for Enterprise.
Focusrite A8R: Eight channels Of Analogue I/O For RedNet – With Redundancy
The new RedNet A8R adds eight channels of analogue I/O to Focusrite’s range of Dante-based audio-over-IP interfaces in a 1U enclosure, and offers high quality, network-connected analogue input and output with precision 24-bit, 192kHz A-D/D-A conversion, along with full network and power supply redundancy.
Access to the eight channels of analogue I/O is provided via dual rear-panel DB25 connectors wired to standard AES59 specification, while two XLR connectors provide additional AES/EBU I/O connectivity. Word Clock I/O connections are made via BNC sockets and include switchable termination. Dual network connections are provided on locking etherCON connectors and the dual power supplies’ IEC power sockets include cable retaining clips.
Focusrite A8R: Key Features
- Eight channels of high-quality line-level analogue I/O with 24-bit conversion up to 192kHz
- 119dB dynamic range, response flat from 20Hz – 20kHz, ±0.15dB
- Dante-based remote-controlled audio-over-IP connectivity
- Dual power supplies, with full power and network redundancy including locking connectors/cable clips for maximum reliability
- Word Clock I/O and DARS for increased flexibility
- Analogue I/O to AES59 standard on DB25 connectors
- Comprehensive front-panel indicators
- RedNet A8R will ship this Summer.
- US Pricing: $2,599.99 MAP // $2,999.99 MSRP
Focusrite RedNet PCIeR Card For Dante Networks
Focusrite announces the release of RedNet PCIeR for Dante networks, designed to be part of the expanding RedNet range of Dante-compatible interface products offering network redundancy for maximum reliability and to meet redundancy specification requirements.
Functionally similar to the existing RedNet PCIe, RedNet PCIeR card adds network redundancy, including dual RJ45 Ethernet ports allowing two networks to be connected to the card, which can switch between them automatically according to network availability.
Focusrite RedNet PCIeR Card Key Features
- Dual Ethernet ports for full network redundancy
- Up to 128 channels in and 128 channels out
- Compatible with any Dante network
- Up to 24-bit, 192 kHz sample rate
- Under 3ms analogue-to-analogue round-trip latency when coupled with RedNet A-D and D-A
- ASIO and Core Audio drivers
- Thunderbolt PCIe chassis compatible
- RedNet PCIeR is available now.
- US Pricing: $1,299.99 MAP // $1,599.99 MSRP
Focusrite Wins Third Queen’s Award For Enterprise
Focusrite has been awarded the UK's 2016 Queen's Award for Enterprise for International Trade. The Award follows seven consecutive years of sustained growth in global business and market share for Focusrite. This is the third time Focusrite has been honoured with a Queen’s Award for Enterprise, having collected prizes for Innovation in 2008, and International Trade in 2012. Founder and Executive Chairman Phil Dudderidge told us...
This is a great recognition of the outstanding growth of our business over the past seven years, during which period group revenue has increased fivefold, with over 80% of our business now coming from international trade. I would like to acknowledge not only the supreme efforts of our staff in the UK and abroad but also our distribution and retail partners, and not least our hundreds of thousands of customers around the world who depend on Focusrite and Novation products in their music making.
What Is The Queen's Award For Enterprise?
The Queen’s Awards for Enterprise were established in 1965 and are only given for the highest levels of excellence in the categories of Innovation, International Trade and Sustainable Development. To receive the Award in the category of International Trade, Focusrite showed a substantial and sustained increase in export earnings over three consecutive 12-month periods, to a level considered outstanding for the products and services concerned, and for the size of the organisation. Focusrite's Global Marketing and Sales Director Damian Hawley added,
To receive this award for the second time in four years for our outstanding International Trade results is a real testament to the quality of our products and we are honoured to be recognised once again. We would like to thank our teams in the UK, Germany and the USA together with our Territory Managers for EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa), Asia-Pacific and Latin America. We would also like to acknowledge the exemplary work done by our global distribution partners, as well as all of our retail partners around the world for the significant level of support that they have shown the Focusrite, RedNet and Novation brands over the last few years.
Focusrite At NAB
Focusrite is exhibiting at booth C9145 at the 2016 NAB Show in Las Vegas, Nevada, April 18-21, 2016.
The following brand new products will be on display:
- RedNet A8R: Eight channels of Dante-networked A-D and D-A conversion, with network and PSU redundancy
- RedNet PCIeR Card: RedNet PCI Express card with network redundancy, enabling ultra-low latency audio and full track count for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- RedNet AM2: Stereo Dante headphone amplifier and line output interface solution with PoE
- RedNet A16R: 16 channels of Dante-networked A-D and D-A conversion, with network and PSU redundancy
- Red 4Pre: 58 In / 64 Out Thunderbolt 2 and Pro Tools HD compatible audio interface, with Dante network audio connectivity.
Additionally, Focusrite is displaying the following products, all recently introduced:
- RedNet MP8R: 8-channel remote-controlled mic pre and A/D for Dante networks
- RedNet D16R: 16-channel AES3 I/O for Dante audio over IP networks
- RedNet D64R: 64-channel bridge between MADI and Dante Networks
- RedNet HD32R: 32-Channel Bridge between Dante Networks and Pro Tools|HD