Russ, Mike, James and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Blue Cat Audio MB-7 Mixer Explained - Eli Krantzberg explores Blue Cat Audio's MB-7 Mixer and explains how it splits your source audio into different frequency bands and then process each band like a separate track. It also lets you host VST and AU plugs for even more creative possibilities!
- Win The Amazing Softube Console 1 With Pro Tools Expert
- Win The MIYO Mastering Headphone Amplifier By H2 Designs Worth $249
- Non Lethal Applications Video Slave 2 Pro 20% Discount
- Air Instrument Expansion Pack £115 - 50% Off
- Prime Studio Caribou Plug-in Bundle £195 - 25% Discount
- Bobby Owsinski 101 Mixing Tricks Programme - £170 - 50% Discount
- Slapper Stereo By The Cargo Cult £99 - 40% Discount - Limited Availability
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
This month UAD Annual Reverb, Delay and Modulation Sale Save up to 50% on AKG, Ocean Way, EMT, AMS/Neve and more. This sale ends on April 30th. Check out the store on the UAD Store
- Highlights from Musikmesse at Frankfurt
- Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration Are You Using It? User Survey
Despite our positive review and demo, it seems that from our survey - Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration Are You Using It? User Survey you don’t seem to be impressed...
- How Long Have You Had To Wait To Be Paid - A Possible Solution?
Getting paid can be a real challenge at times, and we have shared a possible encouragement for customers who take too long to pay. But how do we make sure we get paid.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
On the RSPE site there is a piece on Joseph Bishara, who is a longtime client, composer and sound designer (The Conjuring, Annabelle, Insidious) who has also recently released a new soundtrack for The Other Side Of The Door. Read more on the RSPE site.
- Justin Arey has some tips on how to find folk to collaborate with on the Artist Community with Pro Tools Cloud Collaboration.
- Toby Frisk would like us to share how we do the podcast.
- Glenn Skinner has been using iZotope’s Ozone 7 and the codec preview feature and wanted to know what we use.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Check out this post on the Create Pro blog - Is it Better to Mix Audio on a Console or in a DAW?: Point Blank Friday Forum Live Video
- Mike Higgins is having trouble with his Arturia Mini Lab with Pro Tools 12, can we help?
- Larry Alexander would like to know if an external clock source like an Apogee Big Ben is used when using off line bounce in Pro Tools.
- Conrad Osipowicz would like our views on systems like the Trinnov room optimiser system.
Get To Know The Team
In this new feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored By Prime Studio
Using Prime Studio's online audio services, customers can choose from mixing services for sessions starting at 24 tracks up to 96 tracks. Additionally you can choose the type of desk the mix is done on like a classic Neve 8016, Neve 8068 or EMI TG12345 MK IV. Add the flavour of tape saturation and editing options like vocal tuning etc. Mixes can be done from stereo up to 7.1 formats.
- Russ - A Video Every Creative Person Should Watch
- Mike - Waves CLA Effects
- James - Dynamount….. Very cool and I can’t wait to try it out.
- Julian - Cymatic Audio UTrack24 with AudioLan Card - AES67/RAVENNA