Russ, Mike, James and Dan chat through issues from the week's news focussing on the brand new Pro Tools 12.5 cloud collaboration as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- For a limited time you can get the All-Access Pass at an unbelievable price. The All-Access Pass gives you instant access to every video on Groove3, and any that are added during your membership. 1 Year - $100, 2 years $175, and 3 years - $225.
- Win One Of Three Copies Of The New Sonnox Envolution Plug-in
- Win The Avid Pro Tools Dock For iPad - Worth £949/$1199
- Audified InValve 2 Effects Pack - 3 Plugins For £18 - 49% Discount
- Polyverse I WISH Plug-in £55 - 25% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Purchase and register any new UAD-2 OCTO PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Unit (Core, Custom, or Ultimate) from an authorised UA retailer between January 1st and March 31st, 2016, and get the API Vision Channel Strip, Studer A800 Tape Recorder, and Manley Variable Mu Compressor plug-ins free at product registration. No coupons or redemption codes are necessary. The plug-ins will be automatically added to your account once you register your new UAD-2 OCTO DSP Accelerator hardware.
Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration Special
- Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration - Getting Started And The Dashboard
- Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration - Converting A Session To A Project And Setting Up Collaboration Tools
- Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration - The Artist Chat Window And Collaboration Workflows
- Pro Tools 12.5 Now Starting To Appear In Avid Accounts
- Pro Tools 12.5 Review - Cloud Collaboration Tested
- Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration - Video Review
- Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration FAQ - All You Need To Know
- Pro Tools 12.5 Bug Fixes - The Complete List
If You Care About Plugin Developers You Have To Read This
It takes a lot to shock us on the Pro Tools Expert team, but when we got this email from one of our plugin developer friends this week we were shocked at the lengths some people go to justify stealing.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Tom Oberheim spoke at RSPE and for those who couldn’t make it in person the team at RSPE videoed it so we can all benefit from the wisdom. The legendary analog synthesiser, effects processor, sequencer, and drum machine designer Tom Oberheim talks about his beginning building audio equipment, the history of Oberheim Electronics, and his new Synth - the Tom Oberheim Two Voice Pro. http://www.rspeaudio.com/Tom-Oberheim-Two-Voice-Pro-Synthesizer-p/to-tvp-synth.htm
- Justin Arey reached out to us to own up that he had to redo vocal session because he omitted to reset his Aardsync word clock after a 48k session so he tracks some vocals at the wrong speed and pitch.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
The guys at Create Pro talk to lots of us industry types not just us and they have gone down deep into the dark art of mastering with the guys over at Point Blank. Take a look at the link to find out more.
- Jack Shocklee asks if he commits a track in Pro Tools 12 with UAD plugins on it, will it commit with processing the UAD plugins as well?
- Adam Richards would like to get Ableton Live to trigger a Pro Tools session to run a rehearsal without needs the band. Can we help?
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - A new house, his first house purchase.
- Mike - The Night Manager on BBC TV. Mixed by Howard Bargroff and it is a lesson it good mixing and clear intelligible dialog. Thanks howard and the team.
- James - Blue Tarp, Nylon Rope and Tent Pegs.
- Dan - Canon 80D, paid for and awaiting delivery