In this video review Pro Tools Expert team member Dan Cooper shows you what features in Pro-Q2 by FabFilter have caught his eye. Dan demonstrates easy user interface features and the mid/side processing abilities that make this a very unique EQ plug in.
- Retina interface with large interactive EQ display, multi-band selection and editing for maximum ease and efficiency
- Different interface sizes and additional Full Screen mode
- Insert up to 24 EQ bands
- Zero latency mode, linear phase mode with adjustable latency or the unique Natural Phase mode
- Filter shapes included: Bell, Notch, High/Low Shelf, High/Low Cut, Band Pass, Tilt Shelf
- Universal filter slope support for all filter types, up to 96 dB/oct
- Intelligent solo mode makes it easy to find problem frequencies and hear the effect of a band
- EQ Match feature to automatically match the spectrum of another track via the side-chain input
- Each band can operate on the stereo signals or on the left or right channels independently for per-channel EQ-ing
- Highly improved CPU optimisation: Pro-Q 2 uses less memory and is more than twice as efficient as its predecessor
- Mid/side mode where you can EQ the mid and side signals separately
- Optional Gain-Q interaction
- Auto Gain and Gain Scale
- Built-in spectrum analyser with Pre-EQ, Post-EQ and SC modes, adjustable range, speed, resolution, tilt and freeze
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Optional piano roll display to quantize EQ frequencies to musical notes
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Different display ranges: 3 dB and 6 dB ranges for mastering, 12 dB and 30 dB for mixing
- Large output level meter with peak level readout
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- Available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats (all both 64-bit and 32-bit), as well as RTAS (32-bit only)
Pro-Q2 is available to download and demo.
You can purchase Pro-Q2 for £114 here.