Russ, Mike, Julian and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
- Sample Diggers In The Field Volume 1
- The Cargo Cult Slapper ST in the next couple of days.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Purchase and register any new UAD-2 OCTO PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Unit (Core, Custom, or Ultimate) from an authorised UA retailer between January 1st and March 31st, 2016, and get the API Vision Channel Strip, Studer A800 Tape Recorder, and Manley Variable Mu Compressor plug-ins free at product registration. No coupons or redemption codes are necessary. The plug-ins will be automatically added to your account once you register your new UAD-2 OCTO DSP Accelerator hardware.
- A discussion around Julian’s take on what has come out of NAMM 2016
- Members Of Pro Tools And Other Audio Teams Go In Avid Technology Layoffs
- The Pro Audio Industry Is Not Dying Just Changing
- Your Technology May Be Killing Your Creativity
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Carlos Dias would like to know more about the results of our mic preamp shoot out and especially what mic pre was number 7 in the vocal section. Carlos you can find the details of the top 3 in each of the categories here. As to number 7 in the vocal section - it was the Mbox 3 which won the vocal category.
- David Topple asks if we can revisit the issue of people using ‘cracked’ software as he has a 20 something producer who uses pirated software who he hopes would listen to us.
- Thomas Kahelin thanks us for our article on stopping the Avid Application Manager launch on start up. However he is having a problem the AAM not logging in and sticks with a spinning wheel.
- Ben Rubin wants to share a tip to hide the menu bar at the top of a Mac screen to win a few extra pixels that he found on Life Hacker, but does point out it isn’t for the faint hearted.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Don’t forget that you can take advantage of Create Pro’s services if you live in North America.
Loads of amazing stuff coming from Create Pro and PTE in 2016.
- Glynn Haddock asks if there is a way add tracks with I/O and axes already set up. Glynn, take a look at the Track Hack.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored Eastwood Sound & Vision
ESV have a special offer running, effective immediately thru to midnight Sunday 7th February. Receive a £50.00 discount on the Focusrite Clarrett 8Pre and 8PreX on their online price by way of a £50.00 promo code (to be applied at checkout) upon request. Simply call them up before you’re about to place an order and they’ll send you a £50.00 coupon code to apply at checkout.
- Focurite Clarett 8Pre
- Focurite Clarett 8PreX
- Russ - Greg Wells MixCentric Plug-in
- Mike - The Winter of Our Disconnect by Susan Maushart
- Julian - Apple Magsafe adapter. £9 For Apple that’s helpful and cheap
- Dan - Shure’s new KSM8 microphone. Their first dynamic dual diaphragm microphone.