If you are using Pro Tools for Windows on a PC then get ready for even more content from the team at Pro Tools Expert and the Windows gurus at iZ Technology, the makers of RADAR. iZ Technology are one of the most experienced and respected companies in the recording industry, you'll find them used by top producers like Daniel Lanois and in a host of top artists and studios around the world.
Teaming Up With The Best
We are delighted to have them team up with Pro Tools Expert, we'll be bringing lots of exclusive content on the blog and the podcast aimed at giving Pro Tools Windows PC users in the community even more top quality content, with tips, tricks and more.
Spec Up Your RADAR
What many people are unaware of is that you can start from the ground up using their Workstation Mode (Embedded Windows) and run it as your Pro Tools computer then over time grow it into a full blown RADAR system. There's a spec and build option here, you can even choose to have them install Pro Tools before it ships and simply plug your iLok in when it arrives.
iZ Technology say "RADAR has always been the best digital audio recorder, and now it's the best DAW host. Running Pro Tools, you can track, mix, and automate, using all the plugins and features your workflow requires. With so many prosumer and professional audio interfaces on the market, it’s hard to know where to start. For the price of a mid-grade interface and a properly spec’d audio PC, why not buy the finest digital audio recorder ever made?"
- Operating System (Dual-Mode) Workstation Mode (Embedded Windows) run favourite DAW (Pro Tools, Mixbus, Cubase etc.) // RADAR Mode (RADAR OS) user-friendly workflow and near-zero latency.
- Proprietary Analogue I/O Choice of Ultra-Nyquist (192 kHz) or Classic 96 (96 kHz) A/D D/A converters: 8 - 24 channels in Workstation Mode, expandable to 96 I/O in RADAR Mode Technical
- Proprietary Adrenaline DR Recording Engine with Trinity Chip technology
- Intel Core i7 (8 virtual cores) CPU running at 3.6 GHz // 16 GB DDR3 RAM (upgradeable to 32 GB) • Dual Key Lock solid-state drives (standard 120 GB or upgrade to 240 GB)
- Windows 8.1 Embedded version stripped down to maximize performance // RADAR studio Dashboard (application launcher and menu controls)
- Workstation DAW (Harrison Mixbus comes standard with plugins). Can pre-install any DAW* upon request, including Cubase and Pro Tools 10, 11 or 12 (separate license required)
- Dual front-panel USB 3.0 ports plus additional ports on the back totaling 6 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0
- Optional 10.1" touch screen and transport controls Technical (continued)
- Optional Blu-ray/DVD slot drive
- HDMI DVI and VGA outputs
- Gigabit Ethernet
- AES, TDIF, ADAT and MADI formats Dimensions Standard 4U box, 15" deep, weighs approx. 35 lbs. Controller
- Ships with standard keyboard and mouse
- Optional Session Controller Professional Remote, allows for tape-like workflow (pictured)