Universal Audio have released the latest version of their software which includes Thunderbolt compatibility on Windows 10, new Console 2 app, API 2500 Bus Compressor, Chandler Limited Zener Limiter and A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay Plug-Ins.
Thunderbolt Compatibility For Windows 10 Systems With UAD Interfaces
Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8 (DUO and QUAD), Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, and Apollo FireWire audio interfaces, as well as UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt devices will all be able to be connected to Windows 10 computers as long as they have a Thunderbolt 3 connection. (A qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter will be required)
New Console 2 App
The Console 2 app now gives Apollo FireWire users new features, including drag-and-drop plug-in arranging and custom channel strip settings. Console 2 now also offers these new features..
● High resolution resizable software interface for all Apollo models
● Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains
● New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality
● Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality
● Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching
● Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters.
You can find more information about about the new UAD Console 2 app from their dedicated Universal Audio Help site.
API 2500 Bus Compressor Plug-In For UAD-2 And Apollo Hardware - $299
The API 2500 Bus Compressor plug-in for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces is an emulation of this classic compressor, designed to capture its all-discrete circuit path with Thrust circuitry and features what UAD describe as "fanatically detailed" modelling of API's custom transformers and 2510 and 2520 op amps.
API 2500 Bus Compressor Plug-In Key Features
- Painstakingly modelled by Universal Audio's plug-in design team, licensed and authenticated by Automated Processes, Inc.,
- Provides the entire circuit path and control set of the API hardware including custom API op amps and transformers
- Signature API 2500 features include patented Thrust® sidechain filtering, "New" and "Old" Compressor Types, and Variable Sidechain Link
- Plug-in-only features include Dry/Wet parallel processing and Headroom for user-customisable operating level
- Artist presets from Jeff Balding (Faith Hill, Trace Adkins), Vance Powell (Chris Stapleton, Jack White), Ryan Hewitt (The Avett Brothers, Red Hot Chili Peppers) and more
Chandler Limited Zener Limiter plug-in For UAD-2 And Apollo Hardware - $299
Developed for the UAD platform by Softube, the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter plug-in is an emulation of this high-end hardware. We understand that this unit was inspired by the iconic EMI TG limiters and rare RS168 from Abbey Road Studios, with the Chandler Limited Zener Limiter, an evolution of the limiters used to track artists like Pink Floyd and The Beatles. Softube have emulated the Zener Limiter’s circuits including its filter inductors, germanium transistors, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities.
Chandler Limited Zener Limiter Plug-In Key Features
- Exacting emulation of this modern classic limiter for mixing and mastering, fully authenticated by Chandler Limited
- Based on the vintage EMI limiters used to record The Beatles and Pink Floyd
- Models entire Chandler Limited TG12413 Zener Limiter electronic path including transformers and circuit nonlinearities
- Plug-in-only features include Mid/Side functionality and channel linking
- Artist presets from Tony Maserati (Beyonce, Lady Gaga) Howard Willing (Gavin DeGraw, Smashing Pumpkins), Kevin Kadish (Meghan Trainor, Jason Mraz), and more included
A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay Plug-In - $199
Developed by Brainworx exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo audio interfaces, the A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay plug-in is an emulation of this rare analog rack unit with it's array of six bucket-brigade delays, LFO and modulation controls.
A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay Plug-In Key Features
- Officially licensed and approved by A/DA Signal Processors
- Exacting circuit emulation of this hard-to-find hardware including bucket-brigade-delay distortion nonlinearities
- Six variable delay taps, each with independent stereo assignment
- Powerful Delay section with internal modulation controls and precise mix parameters
- Independent Dry/Wet mix control for each stereo output
- Plug-in-only controls include internal soft peak limiter option for feedback module and noise floor control
Download UAD 9.0 Software
You can download the new v9.0 UAD software from the UAD download site.