Today our friends at Waves launched the new Abbey Road Vinyl plugin. Abbey Road Vinyl continues the successful collaboration between Waves and Abbey Road Studios. The Abbey Road Vinyl plugin promises to provide users with a retro vintage warmth to sound found in vinyl played back on classic turntables and needles. This then, is a precise model of Abbey Road Studios’ vinyl cutting/playback equipment that faithfully emulates every stage of the vinyl production and playback process.
Waves are currently offering an introductory offer on Abbey Road Vinyl - Purchase for $99 (regular $249) Visit the Waves website for more information.
How Can We Control Abbey Road Vinyl?
Users can select between the sound of a pure acetate (lacquer) cut or the print master vinyl pressing from the factory which means users can play the records on two distinct turntable types with a choice of three classic cartridges while also having the ability to add the EMI TG12410 mastering console on the path into the vinyl lathe.
Users can even move the location of the tone arm across the virtual record which means we can change the frequency response and distortion like in the real world. You can also add vinyl noise and crackle, apply a gradual slow-down/stop turntable effect and add wow & flutter effects for extra analog warmth.
- Add authentic vintage vinyl sound to your tracks
- Precise model of the original vinyl cutting and playback gear at Abbey Road Studios
- Choose between acetate master and printed vinyl pressing
- 2 turntables, 3 cartridges
- Slow-down/stop turntable mechanism
- Control tone arm position for variable frequency response/distortion
- Add phase distortion; noise, pops and crackles; wow and flutter; modulation
- Run the sound through Abbey Road’s EMI TG12410 mastering des
Abbey Road Collection Plugin Bundle
Waves have included the Abbey Road Vinyl plugin in the Abbey Road Collection Bundle alongside: