Russ, Mike, James, and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
EZdrummer vs Superior Drummer! Not sure which Toontrack virtual drum instrument is right for you? Expert drum instructor Luke Oswald compares two of the most feature rich and popular choices, Toontrack's EZdrummer 2 and Superior Drummer 2, in this in-depth video tutorial series.
- Win The Mix, Synth Or Sample Plugin Bundle Worth Over £1,500 From Plugin Boutique
- Win a Neve 4081 remote controlled mic preamp
- Also check out the competitions from our partner brands in the new section on the Win page.
- AIR Music Loom Save 60% - Get For £45
- SoundBits Offer 45% Off Any Of Their Sound Effects Libraries
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
We have spent some time curating all the excellent interviews we have undertaken over the years into an Interviews page. This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is Julian’s Interview with Chris Pawlusek On Training Vs Experience
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Put Fairchild and Neve on your desktop. Until December 31st, purchase and register a new Apollo Twin audio interface (USB or Thunderbolt) and get UAD plug-ins from Neve, Fairchild, and UA — absolutely FREE! Buy the Solo Thunderbolt and get the Fairchild® Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection and Oxide™ Tape Recorder Plug-In Buy the Duo Thunderbolt or USB and get the Neve® 1073 Preamp & EQ Plug-In Collection as well as the Fairchild® Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection and Oxide™ Tape Recorder Plug-In
- What has stood out to each one of us in all the AES 2106 announcements?
- Mike - Pro Tools MTRX - Avid Show New HD Interface At AES 2016
- Russ - iZotope Neutron
- James - Focusrite Red8 Pre
- Julian - Waves Soundgrid Connect
- Ableton Link Comes To Desktop Apps
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE Audio have released this short Avid Pro Tools | S6 control surface tutorial with Gary Lux demonstrating how to use the Users Switches 1 & 2.
- Kevin Penner would like to know if there’re any standards for producing multitrack stems
- David Topple Following on from our articles on our rooms, he wanted to share a BBC series called Composers Rooms - a series of conversations with composers in their workspaces including one on wild life sound recordist Chris Watson
- Tom Scrivano shared some tidbits from his time at AES 2016 including that Greg "Stryke" Chin in an Avid Q&A said that AVID was nearing the release of an SDK that will allow third-party developers to make Clip-Effect plug-ins and that 2017 will be the year in which AVID will focus on adding features to Pro Tools that music creators have been asking for. Also iZotope are planning to offer RX5 Advanced owners a very special price for Neutron Advanced.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
So an SSD drive is an SSD drive is an SSD drive right? WRONG. There are SSDs and there are AngelBird Solid State Drives. These are the business. FInd out more about how you can spec you next or current machine with Angelbird SSDs at the link: http://create.pro/angelbird
- Chris Brady is having problems with clicks and pops when automatically plugin Bypass switches.
- Robert Bowlus has recently changed to Pro Tools from Logic Pro but is having some issues with Real Time Properties in Pro Tools, do we have any advice and help so that the MIDI notes don’t move when using real-time MIDI Properties.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
Now we not ones for substance abuse but the new virtual instrument from Output is called Substance and it is just screaming out to be misused in a phat sub bass kind of way. You can find out more about Substance the powerful new bass engine from Output.
- Russ - Destructor from Blue Cat Audio
- Mike - Neutron from iZotope
- James - A cable company called Custom - Lynx…. I needed some AES cables made and I didn’t have any 100 ohm cable so I bought them. Easy and quite cost effective for specific one off cables.
- Julian - Soundtoys Sie-Q Equaliser