Russ, Mike, James and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
Blue Cat Audio Destructor Explained - After an introduction to the plug-in is and what it can do, Scottie Dugan shows you your way around the plug-in, followed by detailed explorations of the Filters, Destruction Modules, Shaper Curve and more. You'll also get examples of Destructor being used on different instruments.
- Win The Mix, Synth Or Sample Plugin Bundle Worth Over £1,500 From Plugin Boutique
- Win a Neve 4081 remote controlled mic preamp
- Also check out the competitions from our partner brands in the new section on the Win page.
- AIR Music Loom Save 60% - Get For £45
- SoundBits Offer 45% Off Any Of Their Sound Effects Libraries SoundBits are now also offering a Halloween Sale which you can use in conjunction with our 45% discount deal.
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is Russ’ interview with Andy Munro On Studio Acoustics & Room Treatment
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Our friends a Universal Audio currently have a deal running that enables users to save up to 70% on purchasing multiple UA plug-ins. You can build your own Custom Bundle of any 3, 6, or 10 UAD plug-ins for one low price — a savings of up to 70% off. But hurry, this very special offer ends October 31st.
- Home Studio Build - Part 4 - Glass
- Studio Security In Educational Institutions - Part 1
- Myths Of Modern Recording - Everyone Is A Producer
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE Audio have released the latest short Pro Tools S6 control surface tutorial with Gary Lux, this one showing how to navigate soft key banks using the numeric keypad. We will be highlighting 10 great Avid S6 tutorials from Gary Lux and RSPE Audio Solutions covering VCAs, VCA Spill, Expand Mode, Spill Zones, Expand Zones, Locking Strips, Locked Attention Track Knobs, User Switches 1 & 2 and Navigating Soft Keys with the Num Pad.
- Scott Gillen has shared a tip on how he handled mixing and deliver forty five 30” radio spots, and we will make this a separate article which we will publish later this week.
- Al Andrew has moved from South Africa to Australia and then built a simple multipurpose room on a simple theme to Russ’ new studio, and wanted to check if he can use the sub-mixer section in a Control 24 without having to run Pro Tools.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Drum & Bass legend Roni Size talks DAWs, audio hardware and all things inspirational in this Create Pro Q&A.
- Russ Walls has some problems with the rotary encoders on his Control 24 and wanted our advice about doing a DIY repair on it.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
The folks at Output are an ever creative bunch and their latest work is a new Expansion Pack for the amazing vocal sound engine Exhale.
- Russ - Clever Copy and Paste tricks from Logic Pro Expert
- Mike - Nikon Coolpix B500 camera, £189 from Costco.
- James - New camera goodies: 120cm Neewer Dolly / Track and a new Andoer fluid head for it. First shots today look amazing. The entire rig (minus tripod) came in under £100.
- Julian - Softube Modular