We can exclusively reveal that Universal Audio are going to announce Apollo for Windows 10 Thunderbolt compatibility very shortly, and we have updated this story with much more exclusive information.
Thunderbolt Compatibility For Windows 10 Systems With UAD Interfaces With Upcoming UAD vV9.0 Software
The Windows version will support UAD Thunderbolt devices when using Windows 10 on computers that have native Thunderbolt 3 support via a USB Type-C connector (Skylake processor or newer). 32-bit UAD ASIO Thunderbolt drivers and 32-bit DAWs will not be supported for UAD Thunderbolt on Windows 10.
Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin, Apollo 8 (DUO and QUAD), Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, and Apollo FireWire audio interfaces, as well as UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt devices will all be able to be connected to Windows 10 computers as long as they have a Thunderbolt 3 connection. (A qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter will be required)
- All Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo and UAD-2 devices will be available to Windows 10 users with Thunderbolt 3 PCs
- Allows current PC-based Apollo and Apollo 16 FireWire users to upgrade their rigs to Thunderbolt speed and stability with UA's Thunderbolt Option Card
- Compatible with Windows 10 64-bit only
- PCs must be equipped with Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C (older Thunderbolt systems will not be supported)
Exclusive Peak Into What Will be In UAD Software v9.0
With the great news of the upcoming Windows 10 and Thunderbolt 3 support, UAD have not forgotten about users who have Firewire connected interfaces. As part of the upcoming UAD v9.0 Software release, UAD have updated the Console app to v2.0. Console 2 will give Apollo FireWire users a host of new features, including drag-and-drop plug-in arranging and custom channel strip settings designed by top producers and engineers.
● High resolution resizable software interface for all Apollo models (not just Firewire)
● Channel Strip presets lets users see, save, and recall UAD plug-in chains
● New UAD plug-in categories and individual Show/Hide functionality
● Enhanced plug-in features such as preset auditioning and drag & drop functionality
● Per-input Record/Monitor effect switching
● Multi-level Undo and Redo for plug-in assignments and parameters
More Information And Support Details Coming Shortly
Universal Audio are still working on the fine tweaks for this new update and we expect them to release the UAD v9.0 software on 2nd November 2016 together with full compatibility and support details.